You know what would make the sniper rifle balance better?

#1Hawke0Posted 3/12/2013 3:17:21 PM
Getting rid of PR Specialization and Penetration. The Strike Rifle would be the standard sniper rifle, but the PR's OHKO headshot and perfect accuracy, as well as the ability to OHKO anything through walls would give it a niche. If the OHKO body shots are that important to you, than you could still get that by using double ballistics, but that would mean sacrificing Tuning.

Also, making the Strike Rifle minor improvements to accuracy, charging speed, and RoF, while making it need 4 body shots, 1 headshot and a body shot, or a charged headshot to kill perkless. With DE it would be three body shots, one headshot, or a charged body shot.

So, do you guys think this is accurate, that I'm just crazy, or both?
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#2Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 3:25:00 PM
Also, HVS lied when they said the charged shot does 3 times as much damage. It seems like it does 2.9, because whenever I got a perkless charged body shot they have a small amount of health left.
---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#3Orient33Posted 3/12/2013 3:32:22 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Getting rid of PR Specialization and Penetration. The Strike Rifle would be the standard sniper rifle, but the PR's OHKO headshot and perfect accuracy, as well as the ability to OHKO anything through walls would give it a niche. If the OHKO body shots are that important to you, than you could still get that by using double ballistics, but that would mean sacrificing Tuning.

Also, making the Strike Rifle minor improvements to accuracy, charging speed, and RoF, while making it need 4 body shots, 1 headshot and a body shot, or a charged headshot to kill perkless. With DE it would be three body shots, one headshot, or a charged body shot.

I think OHKO makes ense for that kind of slow RoF. Keep specs, but maybe decrease the RoF just a bit more so u need more time to cock PR. DEFINITELY get rid of stupid penetration.
Strike rifle stuff makes sense, tho 3 shot kill would probably be best for its kind of inaccuracy.
---
C2 FC: (Orient) 3310-7730-0201
#4Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 3:34:38 PM
Orient33 posted...
Hawke0 posted...

I think OHKO makes ense for that kind of slow RoF. Keep specs, but maybe decrease the RoF just a bit more so u need more time to cock PR. DEFINITELY get rid of stupid penetration.
Strike rifle stuff makes sense, tho 3 shot kill would probably be best for its kind of inaccuracy.

---
Conduit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Metroid Other M
#5Orient33Posted 3/12/2013 3:36:06 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Orient33 posted...
Hawke0 posted...

oops, sorry didn't have much time to read. Homework to do.
---
C2 FC: (Orient) 3310-7730-0201
#6xXAISPXxPosted 3/12/2013 4:46:49 PM(edited)
I forgot about considering a perk less Phase Rifle.or maybe a DB PR which will actually benefit me more than the PR Specialization load out.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#7stardust121Posted 3/12/2013 6:29:40 PM
I'm honestly not a fan of any of the traditional sniping weapons in this game. The arc, i kind of prefer over the phase rifle and strike rifle.

Main problem is the low immediate damage. With energy upgrades or possibly capacitator, it might work...maybe?

I dont know damages, but i'd imagine the ability to cloak and aim could have it's advantages over the other sniping weapons.

Phase rifle... yeah. I'd like to see pr specs out, and replaced by double ballistics. that or just a better reload/ after-shot thing. It's really too slow to reliably snipe people from a distance who are moving and at full health.

Then again, the pr's really just not my thing.
---
Conduit 2: 0862-8647-6484(Ricky)
- - - (Shadice)
#8Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 7:05:52 PM
stardust121 posted...
Phase rifle... yeah. I'd like to see pr specs out, and replaced by double ballistics. that or just a better reload/ after-shot thing. It's really too slow to reliably snipe people from a distance who are moving and at full health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU
---
#9stardust121Posted 3/12/2013 7:17:50 PM
Hawke0 posted...
stardust121 posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU

It's not too hard to get to cover when you have decent space between yourself and an opponent.
---
Conduit 2: 0862-8647-6484(Ricky)
- - - (Shadice)
#10Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 3:21:45 PM
bump
---