Got my first perkless RoT.

#31CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/17/2013 5:05:37 PM(edited)
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Oh gosh -_-
The only one who really was a cut above the rest was Samu.

But I don't think even he'd win against the top players of today.

In terms of connection...or are you serious?

What are you asking?

Samu had a connection advantage, and I think that made it a lot easier to get ROTs on NOOBS in full lobbies.
So I think the "Oh Samu got a ROT on his first ever match after playing again" doesn't really carry any significance at all.

But that advantage didn't really apply so much to an organized private match of a few players, either 1v1s or 2V2s.
And he was really good at those, but not impossible. If you were decent, you could find an opportunity to at least get some kills on him.
But actually winning against him was a very hard thing to do, and if you did it once, you'd be lucky to do it again.

The players that surrounded Samu however were IMO no different than the rest of us on the community.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#32Hawke0Posted 3/17/2013 5:14:27 PM
Mindesyn posted...
It's actually not all that hard.

Especially since all the top level players no longer play.

Typically Jaye post, do not take seriously.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#33xXAISPXxPosted 3/17/2013 5:24:48 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Oh gosh -_-

What are you asking?

Samu had a connection advantage, and I think that made it a lot easier to get ROTs on NOOBS in full lobbies.
So I think the "Oh Samu got a ROT on his first ever match after playing again" doesn't really carry any significance at all.

But that advantage didn't really apply so much to an organized private match of a few players, either 1v1s or 2V2s.
And he was really good at those, but not impossible. If you were decent, you could find an opportunity to at least get some kills on him.
But actually winning against him was a very hard thing to do, and if you did it once, you'd be lucky to do it again.

The players that surrounded Samu however were IMO no different than the rest of us on the community.

The last sentence sort of answered my question. I was just asking if you really think some players of today are better than Samu5.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#34CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/17/2013 5:36:24 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Oh gosh -_-

What are you asking?

The last sentence sort of answered my question. I was just asking if you really think some players of today are better than Samu5.

Yes, I do.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#35_SignalPosted 3/17/2013 5:37:55 PM
It does sadden me that some of the good players left.

They really have no idea the competition that they're missing.

Honestly there weren't that many great players that left:

Samu
Chronic
Hawkeye1997
Jaye
Rhoads
Toezer
Chariloe
Swiftbro
Krish

But even as far back as 18 months ago when I joined the forum, I seldom saw these guys in pubs.

I really don't think them leaving is why really good players that are still here are getting RoT's. That's silly Jaye.

For some enjoyment, search "battle ladder" and check out some of the threads.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#36CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/17/2013 5:44:46 PM
_Signal posted...
It does sadden me that some of the good players left.

They really have no idea the competition that they're missing.

Honestly there weren't that many great players that left:

Samu
Chronic
Hawkeye1997
Jaye
Rhoads
Toezer
Chariloe
Swiftbro
Krish

But even as far back as 18 months ago when I joined the forum, I seldom saw these guys in pubs.

I really don't think them leaving is why really good players that are still here are getting RoT's. That's silly Jaye.

For some enjoyment, search "battle ladder" and check out some of the threads.

Toezer I'm still holding out for.
I think she was one of the top 3 players.

Even though she wasn't as 'formidable' as others, she basically pioneered the TPC launcher. Kinda like how Carbonizer was with Mike. Most people ignored it untill he demonstrated it was actually good.
How popular the TPC was, was basically perfectly sync with how active she was at the time.

Drove me nuts though.

Too bad Explosive Focus just lets people sprint through mines...
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#37xXAISPXxPosted 3/17/2013 6:00:37 PM
Toezer...that sounds familiar. So does Chronic, Swiftbro, and HawkEye.
---
#38_SignalPosted 3/17/2013 6:16:24 PM(edited)
You probably played with her some AISP, if you've been around a while. Toezer was a really great player. I'd say she's only been gone about 6 months.

I tried to talk her into joining an all-girl clan back when the place was buzzing about that, but she didn't really want to get into any clans. She was more of a loner.

Maybe she'll pop back by sometime.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#39B05S_Brennan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 6:16:42 PM
Mindesyn posted...
It's actually not all that hard.

Especially since all the top level players no longer play.

Actually, there's probably more great players now then I've ever seen (many are not on the board). What I meant was that it's not much harder than a Reign of Terror with perks. I wasn't trying to say "RoTs are easy for me".
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#40xXAISPXxPosted 3/17/2013 6:31:50 PM
_Signal posted...
You probably played with her some AISP, if you've been around a while. Toezer was a really great player. I'd say she's only been gone about 6 months.

I tried to talk her into joining an all-girl clan back when the place was buzzing about that, but she didn't really want to get into any clans. She was more of a loner.

Maybe she'll pop back by sometime.

I must have. I have been playing since October 2011.
---