Got my first perkless RoT.

#41CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/17/2013 7:40:51 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Mindesyn posted...
It's actually not all that hard.

Especially since all the top level players no longer play.

Actually, there's probably more great players now then I've ever seen (many are not on the board). What I meant was that it's not much harder than a Reign of Terror with perks. I wasn't trying to say "RoTs are easy for me".

Playing w/o perks in general is not as difficult as it would seem

You learn tactics on how to deal with specific perks and abilities. For instance, you don't ALWAYS have your EF loadout, and you know how to fight SMAW even without it.
You might have loadout that good against DB scar, but you don't always have it equipped when you run into that situation.

So basically... You already know how to play w/o perks.
Sure, you may need to get two headshots instead of one, or you may need to take the extra time to line of for a headshot instead of a body shot.

Really the only difficult thing is... If you're being chased by somebody w/ Supercharger.
That is scary w/o perks.
But its also really exciting and fun :D
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#42MindesynPosted 3/17/2013 8:16:18 PM
Im not attacking you Brennan, you earn your RoTs fair. I lol at Chain's constant hating on Samu or LC, most people forget about Mike and Symphonia46, if you forgot, go look at all the hate topics with their names in the topic title.

Chain complaining about connections when he has one of the worst ones on the board is kinda funny in itself. I at least can admit I just lack skill and am not that good, instead of blaming my crappy skillset on someone elses "advantageous connection"

The other and final lulz worthy part of this topic is months ago it was all "Nerf this perk, cause its OP and its impossible to beat" now its all like "perks dont make a HUGE difference, playing perkless isnt much different than having a full loadout" Wat? Either complain about one or the other, but dont double back on all the BS arguements that you have started in the past.
---
Black Ops 2: Mindesyn
Sucks to be you cause I hack to counter hack hackers like you that hack so hackers gone legit dont get hacked
#43CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/17/2013 9:49:14 PM
I said playing w/o perks is less difficult then it would seem.
Not that it isn't more difficult.

Also I've never claimed any perk as being "Impossible to beat".

I don't have any grudge against LC or Samu.
I didn't specifically say anything about LC, though what I did say does include some of its members.
And I didn't say anything "Bad" about anyone. Just that they weren't any different from anybody else. And if you think thats an insult, well...

For Samu, I say it as I see it.
I gave him some pretty good praise.

And as for my connection, it may very well be that its one of the worst on the board, But you'd be the first one to claim it.
I've done everything possible to ensure the highest quality connection possible on my end. And I don't ask anything more from others except for making sure their equipment is not damaged, and other obvious things that can make a large difference.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#44B05S_Brennan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:07:40 PM
Mindesyn posted...
Im not attacking you Brennan, you earn your RoTs fair. I lol at Chain's constant hating on Samu or LC, most people forget about Mike and Symphonia46, if you forgot, go look at all the hate topics with their names in the topic title.

Chain complaining about connections when he has one of the worst ones on the board is kinda funny in itself. I at least can admit I just lack skill and am not that good, instead of blaming my crappy skillset on someone elses "advantageous connection"

The other and final lulz worthy part of this topic is months ago it was all "Nerf this perk, cause its OP and its impossible to beat" now its all like "perks dont make a HUGE difference, playing perkless isnt much different than having a full loadout" Wat? Either complain about one or the other, but dont double back on all the BS arguements that you have started in the past.

I'm not sure if this last part is directed at me or not.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#45B05S_Brennan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:21:19 PM
My opinion on Samu.

Samu had a slight connection advantage, but I don't think was nearly as bad as it looked or nearly as bad as people sometimes make it sound. I've seen weird things happen while playing with him, like one time it looked like he was firing a SPAS as if it was semi-auto. However, the reason he kicked ass and hardly ever lost was because he was (imo) the best, not because he lagged or had a connection advantage. He may have gotten an unfair kill every now and there, but I believe skill was a much greater factor in his success as a player.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#46LigersRulePosted 3/17/2013 10:57:00 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
My opinion on Samu.

Samu had a slight connection advantage, but I don't think was nearly as bad as it looked or nearly as bad as people sometimes make it sound. I've seen weird things happen while playing with him, like one time it looked like he was firing a SPAS as if it was semi-auto. However, the reason he kicked ass and hardly ever lost was because he was (imo) the best, not because he lagged or had a connection advantage. He may have gotten an unfair kill every now and there, but I believe skill was a much greater factor in his success as a player.

I'm quoting this because it exactly articulates the way I feel. Besides, I never played Conduit to win. I played to have fun, and Samu was the most fun person to play, hands down. He usually got about 11 kills on me for every 1 kill I got on him, and it was amazing. In my eyes, his connection was perfect, because it allowed me to have such great times with him.

Also, Chain, you know we're friends, but... You can't say that you have no grudge with LC when just a week or so ago, you made a topic saying "I remember why I don't play with so-and-so. Dude should join LC", when everybody knew EXACTLY what you meant by that statement. Granted, you deleted your topic, but you can't deny you said that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:22 Views: 1200
#47CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/17/2013 11:26:43 PM(edited)
LigersRule posted...

Also, Chain, you know we're friends, but... You can't say that you have no grudge with LC when just a week or so ago, you made a topic saying "I remember why I don't play with so-and-so. Dude should join LC", when everybody knew EXACTLY what you meant by that statement. Granted, you deleted your topic, but you can't deny you said that.

That was a joke.
That entire topic was funny because none of it was true.

AISP wasn't lagging, I was just saying that because thats what people expect me to say. There was no "reason" why he wasn't on my friends lists other than I was on a different profile.
LC I though was funny because it could have been a compliment because it was supposed to be the premier clan, but obviously that doesn't work because I seem to be complaining.
So there's this funny dichotomy there.
And I don't really think LC is laggy. In fact the only person who I know was in LC was Samu. But I don't keep up on clans so... I assume Jaye was in as well, but aside from that.
I honestly don't even know who all was part of it.

I didn't delete the topic, it was closed by moderators.
I was going to let it be whatever it was going to be.

Also, I don't mean to Rag on Samu.
He was a fun person to play, which is why I made a point to play him whenever I could.
And I don't think it was unfair playing against him... Usually. But thats Con2 for you.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#48LigersRulePosted 3/17/2013 11:48:27 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
And I don't really think LC is laggy. In fact the only person who I know was in LC was Samu. But I don't keep up on clans so... I assume Jaye was in as well, but aside from that.

Jaye, Samu, Mike, Symph, Chesluk and myself were the active, long-term members. I don't think you've ever talked about my connection at all, or Ches's connection, but I'm fairly certain you've spoken out about Symph and Mike before, as well as Samu. Hence why it seemed so much like you were calling us out as a bunch of laggers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:22 Views: 1200
#49CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/18/2013 12:27:48 AM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Jaye, Samu, Mike, Symph, Chesluk and myself were the active, long-term members. I don't think you've ever talked about my connection at all, or Ches's connection, but I'm fairly certain you've spoken out about Symph and Mike before, as well as Samu. Hence why it seemed so much like you were calling us out as a bunch of laggers.

Ahhhh...

Well I do have problems playing Symph.
Enough where I just don't play symph, and I leave it at that.
Its more than lag. Its like... Our ISPs want to kill eachother or something.
It seems to be unique between me and him.

Mike I had issues with, especially before he joined here.
I hassled him a bit because he had said he didn't want to do anything to improve his connection.
Its one thing to have a bad connection, and its another thing entirely to willfully have a bad connection.
But he had just said that to try to get rid of me.

---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#50MindesynPosted 3/18/2013 8:27:54 AM
Mike I had issues with, especially before he joined here.
I hassled him a bit because he had said he didn't want to do anything to improve his connection.
Its one thing to have a bad connection, and its another thing entirely to willfully have a bad connection.
But he had just said that to try to get rid of me.

Keep in mind alot of the board members are under 18 and live in America where jobs are non -existent. Its not that they dont want to improve their connection, they cant. Chesluk had a masterful connection before he moved, and the place he moved didnt offer the option to have the best internet. I live in a rural area, and they downgraded my connection a few years ago. I would gladly pay top dollar for my internet, and router, but sadly I have a high grade router, and no good internet. Especially people like Samu and Andy since they live out of NTSC regions or just on the border of them.
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Mindesyn
At first I was like, I could beat him, then he took the hat off and s*** got real!