Deatomizer modification

#1Loremas1861Posted 3/18/2013 9:02:39 AM
The deatomizer is now very accurate when in the secondary function. The bola and full-auto function both now ignore armor.
The clip size is 15 shots
The ammo capacity is 75
The reload time is slightly faster
No damage changes

I think this would make the deatomizer a great finishing weapon. If you're really accurate, it might make a good main weapon because of the bola shots.

Lemme know what you think!
---
"I want to catch Derpes"
~Jaye
#21PefrogPosted 3/18/2013 9:12:25 AM
I would use the deatomizer instead of the MP5 if the secondary fire was accurate. It would be more diverse of a weapon than the MP5 with the bolus.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#3Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 4:35:31 PM
1Pefrog posted...
I would use the deatomizer instead of the MP5 if the secondary fire was accurate. It would be more diverse of a weapon than the MP5 with the bolus.

Seriously. The secondary fire is ridiculously inaccurate.
The bola shots are actually somewhat effective. But very unreliable in melee range when someone sneaks up on you because of its explosiveness. It's a shame because the deatomizer is very effective in short range and it's very easy for the target to run up to you if you miss your shots. And because the shots are so slow, they are easily dodged in medium and long ranges. But I guess the OHK ability of the gun is the big upside of the gun. Not to mention Capacitor!

Pew pew pew
---
"I want to catch Derpes"
~Jaye
#4ChariloePosted 3/20/2013 4:55:07 PM
Lol, all that needs to be done is revert this Deatomizer to TCon's since it was actually a reliable gun.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#51PefrogPosted 3/20/2013 5:42:25 PM
It would be an effective tactic to shoot a bolus towards someone, switch to the secondary fire as they are dodging and start shooting.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#6kilfrfunPosted 3/24/2013 10:55:46 AM
Chariloe posted...
Lol, all that needs to be done is revert this Deatomizer to TCon's since it was actually a reliable gun.

Idk man I could aim with it when I played Con but not TCon, Streets walls stopped it all the time
---
We need Dinos
#7FF5ommersetPosted 3/24/2013 5:27:44 PM
The bolas is a devastating projectile in the tunnel in Sanctum, but otherwise it's pretty much useless since you can usually crouch under it or jump over it.
#8ChariloePosted 3/25/2013 1:10:35 AM
kilfrfun posted...
Chariloe posted...

Idk man I could aim with it when I played Con but not TCon, Streets walls stopped it all the time

Compare C2's Deatomizer to TCon's. It was way more reliable. The Bolo was much much faster when shot, but it was balanced out by being strictly mid range because it spread in TCon. Also, TCon's had a scope to cover longer ranges, and the semi automatic shots could be done on the fly to retaliate in case you missed the charge. They provided a very good way to recover from missing a charge shot so that you're not completely SOL.

C2's, on the other hand has the worst semi- auto fire in the game, and this forces you to switch between the horribly inaccurate semi-auto mode. It is a terrible way to retaliate. This alone is a hassle because you have to switch between the modes, which takes about 1.5 seconds at most. The time you take to change between the modes and begin to fire is enough time for a person using a SCAR or USP to kill you. The bolo is now easier to land onto people, but it travels unbelievably slow which makes it nearly useless unless you're in very tight corridors; which aren't very abundant in C2. Even so, dodging the bolo is incredibly easy because of its atrocious speed.

To answer your statement, the Charge shots in TCon's Deatomizer were not meant for long range, but the single shots were. Now tell me, which gun sounds the most reliable?
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#9Hawke0Posted 3/25/2013 2:59:10 PM
The worst gun in Conduit history is still the TCon Hive Cannon though.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#10xXAISPXxPosted 3/25/2013 3:36:52 PM
Hawke0 posted...
The worst gun in Conduit history is still the TCon Hive Cannon though.

In Multiplayer, yes.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}