Weapon tiers (Draft)

#1Loremas1861Posted 3/21/2013 9:42:34 PM
Hive Cannon: Overpowered even without perks because of large clip and how noob-friendly it is.
HC friendly | GB friendly

Phase Rifle: Ridiculously overpowered with specialization. If with no specialization, balanced.

Carbonizer MK16: Overpowered. Very high dps. Does not require perks to be great. The downside is supposed to be slower running speed, which is null because of the quick-switching. Balanced in HC because even though you're accurate, the enemy can just bunnyhop and punch you to death.
HC balanced | GB friendly

SMAW: Overbalanced. Insane OHK ability even without perks. Not effective in long range. Crippled by Explosives focus.

Widowmaker Turret: Balanced. Even though it kills fast, it pretty much needs widow spec and stealth counters that. Also countered by flash grenades.
HC friendly | GB balanced

SCAR: Balanced. Can kill pretty fast. Ballistic upgrades help A LOT.

SPAS 12: Overbalanced. Does not rely on perks to be good. Has amazing OHK abilities. Somewhat countered by Explosives focus.

USP.45: Balanced. Does not need perks to be good. Not countered by anything. ADS is effective.

TPC Launcher: Balanced. Does not need perks to be good. The ability to lay mines down adds versatility. High damage. Countered by Explosive focus.

AR-C Eclipse: Balanced. Almost requires Stealth in GB to be an aggressive backstabber. If player is seen, explosive weapons are AR-C's counter.

Warp Pistol: Balanced. Has OHK potential. Somewhat countered by Explosive focus. High suicide risk in very short range.

Shrieker: Very balanced. Crippled by Explosive focus.

Strike Rifle: Balanced. Can use Energy upgrades, but not required to be good. Outclassed by a specialized Phase Rifle.

Dark Star: Balanced. Perks help a lot, but not required. You can tag enemies to get black holes and stop regeneration for a small period of time. Black holes can be out-runned.
HC balanced | GB balanced

HVS.45: Balanced. Does not need perks. Has low fire rate. Has OHK potential. Because of high amount of bunnyhoppers in GB, this gun is more effective in HC.

MP5KA4: Underbalanced. Ballistic upgrades are highly recommended. Very accurate. Low damage.

Deatomizer MK4: Balanced. Secondary fire is very inaccurate. Capacitor increases effectiveness of the primary fire significantly. Bola shots are slow.

Aegis Device: Underpowered. Explosive weapons make this gun nearly useless.
(Poor Aegis)

This is a draft of course. Feel free to give me some things to add!

*Inspired by Hawke's tier list. Don't hate me!
---
"I want to catch Derpes"
~Jaye
#21PefrogPosted 3/21/2013 10:12:27 PM
Looks good.

You use overbalanced and under balanced ... not sure if you meant overpowered and underpowered. Also, what perks help the dark star? ... not energy.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#3Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 2:30:37 AM
1Pefrog posted...
Looks good.

You use overbalanced and under balanced ... not sure if you meant overpowered and underpowered. Also, what perks help the dark star? ... not energy.

Haha overbalanced means that it's a bit in the middle between balanced and overpowered. It's the same case for underbalanced.

Damage upgrades don't really help the DS. Since it has bad accuracy moving around, slap on a stabilizer. Will help a lot. Quickness helps a bit too with the long reload time.
---
"I want to catch Derpes"
~Jaye
#4Darcsen8Posted 3/22/2013 3:51:12 AM(edited)
I agree with everything except for the following:
- SCAR --> Should be Overpowered
- USP --> Should be Overpowered
- Hive Cannon --> Should be Overbalanced

I don't believe that the Hive Cannon is overpowered. Sure, it is incredibly easy to use and hit somebody with it but the damage can actually be quite lacking when not aimed properly. Any other weapons are usually able to take out a Hive Cannon user before the Hive Cannon is able to deliver the fatal damage.

As a Main user of Aegis Device, I have to defend it :D Aegis Device is not near useless against Explosives. Aegis Device + Explosive Focus can be quite good, catching explosives and returning it back is awesome. All explosive can be caught. The load-out combined with Blinding Powder is a real pain for opponents because the only effective approach to you now is to gang up on you. You catch their bullets, survive Explosives, Blind them when they melee you, making it hard to kill you.
#5B05S_BrennanPosted 3/22/2013 5:33:59 PM(edited)
You use all of the three top guns...
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#6Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 5:45:19 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
You use all of the three top guns...

I don't use those guns that often anymore because I now play Hardcore most of the time. Radar is broken and lock-on makes the game a bit easy in my opinion.
---
"I want to catch Derpes"
~Jaye
#7stardust121Posted 3/22/2013 5:49:40 PM(edited)
Darcsen8 posted...
I agree with everything except for the following:
- SCAR --> Should be Overpowered
- USP --> Should be Overpowered
- Hive Cannon --> Should be Overbalanced

I don't believe that the Hive Cannon is overpowered. Sure, it is incredibly easy to use and hit somebody with it but the damage can actually be quite lacking when not aimed properly. Any other weapons are usually able to take out a Hive Cannon user before the Hive Cannon is able to deliver the fatal damage.

pretty much what's always on my mind when people talk about the hive cannon. I've tried using it without upgrades not too long ago, and against players of a similar skill level, it is somewhat tough to use. Yeah, you get plenty of shots to try to take an opponent out, but most other primaries outdamage it. And without bunnyhopping or explosive upgrades, you are pretty vulnerable. The Scar Is pretty accurate, shotgun will take one shot, Phase rifle has distance going for it, tpc launcher requires little aim, and the usp can take out a hive cannon user over a distance.

Of course you can't deny the hive cannon's forgiving clip size and ability to cover a crowd, but it's a lot more difficult to use effectively against similarly skilled (level) players.

Hardcore I can understand though.
---
Conduit 2: 0862-8647-6484(Ricky)
- - - (Shadice)
#8Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 6:03:56 PM
Darcsen8 posted...
As a Main user of Aegis Device, I have to defend it :D Aegis Device is not near useless against Explosives. Aegis Device + Explosive Focus can be quite good, catching explosives and returning it back is awesome. All explosive can be caught. The load-out combined with Blinding Powder is a real pain for opponents because the only effective approach to you now is to gang up on you. You catch their bullets, survive Explosives, Blind them when they melee you, making it hard to kill you.

Aegis Device: Underpowered. Perks can help compliment the gun a lot. Shield is useless against explosive splash damage. Throwing a radiation grenade at the shield can quickly damage and even kill the shield user provided they don't immediately throw the radiation grenade back.
HC weak | GB weak

What do you guys think?
---
"I want to catch Derpes"
~Jaye
#9Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 6:11:57 PM(edited)
1Pefrog posted...
Also, what perks help the dark star? ... not energy.

Dark Star: Balanced. Perks can compliment the weapon greatly, but not to the point where the gun absolutely needs them. Black holes can be out-runned. No definite counter.

What do you think Dug? Do you think this entry does the gun justice?
---
"I want to catch Derpes"
~Jaye
#10xXAISPXxPosted 3/22/2013 6:36:25 PM
I'm going perk less with the Phase Rifle...I miss PR Spec...

The Phase Rifle is a sniper. Snipers are supposed to land one hit kills. The Phase Rifle shouldn't be ridiculously overpowered just because of Specialization. Now, a severely overpowered Phase Rifle would have at least two PR perks.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}