Weapon tiers (Draft)

#11kilfrfunPosted 3/22/2013 9:15:33 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
I'm going perk less with the Phase Rifle...I miss PR Spec...

The Phase Rifle is a sniper. Snipers are supposed to land one hit kills. The Phase Rifle shouldn't be ridiculously overpowered just because of Specialization. Now, a severely overpowered Phase Rifle would have at least two PR perks.

Am i the only one who thinks the pr is balanced with all perks?

Also you underestimate the MP5 buddy
---
We need Dinos
#12Hawke0Posted 3/22/2013 10:07:48 PM
The PR with only Tuning is perfect. With Specialization it's moderately OP.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#13Hawke0Posted 3/22/2013 10:15:49 PM
Loremas1861 posted...
Hive Cannon: Overpowered even without perks because of large clip and how noob-friendly it is.
HC Overpowered | GB friendly

Phase Rifle: Overpowered with specialization. If with no specialization, balanced.
HC friendly | GB friendly

Carbonizer MK16: Overpowered. Very high dps. Does not require perks to be great. The downside is supposed to be slower running speed, which is null because of the quick-switching. Balanced in HC because even though you're accurate, the enemy can just bunnyhop and punch you to death.
HC balanced | GB Overpowered

SMAW: Overbalanced. Insane OHK ability even without perks. Not effective in long range. Crippled by Explosives focus.

Widowmaker Turret: Balanced. Even though it kills fast, it pretty much needs widow spec and stealth counters that. Also countered by flash grenades.
HC friendly | GB balanced

SCAR: Balanced. Can kill pretty fast. Ballistic upgrades help A LOT.
HC balanced | GB friendly

SPAS 12: Overbalanced. Does not rely on perks to be good. Has amazing OHK abilities. Somewhat countered by Explosives focus.
HC balanced | GB friendly

USP.45: Balanced. Does not need perks to be good. Not countered by anything. ADS is effective.

TPC Launcher: Balanced. Does not need perks to be good. The ability to lay mines down adds versatility. High damage. Countered by Explosive focus.

AR-C Eclipse: Balanced. Almost requires Stealth in GB to be an aggressive backstabber. If player is seen, explosive weapons are AR-C's counter.

Warp Pistol: Balanced. Has OHK potential. Somewhat countered by Explosive focus. High suicide risk in very short range.
HC friendly | GB unfriendly

Shrieker: Very balanced. Crippled by Explosive focus.

Strike Rifle: Balanced. Can use Energy upgrades, but not required to be good. Outclassed by a specialized Phase Rifle.
HC unfriendly | GB balanced

Dark Star: Balanced. Perks help a lot, but not required. You can tag enemies to get black holes and stop regeneration for a small period of time. Black holes can be out-runned.
HC balanced | GB balanced

HVS.45: Balanced. Does not need perks. Has low fire rate. Has OHK potential. Because of high amount of bunnyhoppers in GB, this gun is more effective in HC.

MP5KA4: Underbalanced. Ballistic upgrades are highly recommended. Very accurate. Low damage.
HC balanced | GB unfriendly

Deatomizer MK4: Balanced. Secondary fire is very inaccurate. Capacitor increases effectiveness of the primary fire significantly. Bola shots are slow.
HC unfriendly | GB underpowered

Aegis Device: Underpowered. Explosive weapons make this gun nearly useless.
HC underpowered I GB underpowered
(Poor Aegis)

This is a draft of course. Feel free to give me some things to add!

*Inspired by Hawke's tier list. Don't hate me!

Bolded what I changed. Just for reference, OP>friendly>balanced>unfriendly>UP
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#14Darcsen8Posted 3/23/2013 6:20:21 AM
Loremas1861 posted...
Darcsen8 posted...
As a Main user of Aegis Device, I have to defend it :D Aegis Device is not near useless against Explosives. Aegis Device + Explosive Focus can be quite good, catching explosives and returning it back is awesome. All explosive can be caught. The load-out combined with Blinding Powder is a real pain for opponents because the only effective approach to you now is to gang up on you. You catch their bullets, survive Explosives, Blind them when they melee you, making it hard to kill you.

Aegis Device: Underpowered. Perks can help compliment the gun a lot. Shield is useless against explosive splash damage. Throwing a radiation grenade at the shield can quickly damage and even kill the shield user provided they don't immediately throw the radiation grenade back.
HC weak | GB weak

What do you guys think?

Much better description :D Just make sure that you throw away the Rad. Grenade before the grenade inflicts damage for the 4th time, then you will be fine.
#15xXAISPXxPosted 3/23/2013 8:44:01 AM
kilfrfun posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
I'm going perk less with the Phase Rifle...I miss PR Spec...

The Phase Rifle is a sniper. Snipers are supposed to land one hit kills. The Phase Rifle shouldn't be ridiculously overpowered just because of Specialization. Now, a severely overpowered Phase Rifle would have at least two PR perks.

Am i the only one who thinks the pr is balanced with all perks?

Underestimate? How? The MP5 is a balanced weapon. I think it's a great secondary for accuracy.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#16Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:00:58 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
kilfrfun posted...

Underestimate? How? The MP5 is a balanced weapon. I think it's a great secondary for accuracy.

I think that message was directed at me AISP.
I think that honestly, the MP5 is a weak weapon. Great for finishing off foes, but that's it. It is outgunned by many other weapons. It does its job very well being a secondary though.
---
You become who you hang out with.
#17B05S_BrennanPosted 3/23/2013 3:08:24 PM
Loremas1861 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
kilfrfun posted...

I think that honestly, the MP5 is a weak weapon. Great for finishing off foes, but that's it. It is outgunned by many other weapons. It does its job very well being a secondary though.

I think it's as good as the SCAR.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#18Hawke0Posted 3/23/2013 3:18:00 PM
The MP5 has a very small area in medium/long range where it has the edge over a SCAR. Any closer and you'll be torn apart, farther and you'll get sniped.
---
#19xXAISPXxPosted 3/24/2013 7:31:28 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Loremas1861 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
kilfrfun posted...

I think it's as good as the SCAR.

Except its accuracy is not affected so much by movement like the SCAR. That's why I prefer the MP5 over the SCAR disregarding damage.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#20ChariloePosted 3/25/2013 2:16:39 AM
Honestly, this whole balanced and unbalanced situation with power weapons wouldn't even be necessary if Conduit 2 made the power weapons pick-up only, and the primary/secondary weapons for loadouts. If it was like this, power weapons could be as powerful as they wanted because they're pick-ups that everyone has the chance of getting along the map. Honestly, though, C2's sandbox is pretty messed up.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328