Weapon tiers (Draft)

#21Hawke0Posted 3/25/2013 5:33:28 AM
Chariloe posted...
Honestly, this whole balanced and unbalanced situation with power weapons wouldn't even be necessary if Conduit 2 made the power weapons pick-up only, and the primary/secondary weapons for loadouts. If it was like this, power weapons could be as powerful as they wanted because they're pick-ups that everyone has the chance of getting along the map. Honestly, though, C2's sandbox is pretty messed up.

No.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#22ChariloePosted 3/25/2013 1:14:13 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Chariloe posted...
Honestly, this whole balanced and unbalanced situation with power weapons wouldn't even be necessary if Conduit 2 made the power weapons pick-up only, and the primary/secondary weapons for loadouts. If it was like this, power weapons could be as powerful as they wanted because they're pick-ups that everyone has the chance of getting along the map. Honestly, though, C2's sandbox is pretty messed up.

No.

Yes.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#23Hawke0Posted 3/25/2013 2:14:55 PM
The guns should be balanced, and there shouldn't be 'power weapons'. Then it turns into seeing who can get the BFG9000 first and running around killing everyone with their OP weapon. Most of your ideas seem to consist of "this game would be so much better if it were a poor mans Halo".
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#24xXAISPXxPosted 3/25/2013 2:22:20 PM
Charry here has a point, but I don't know which weapons would be the power ones.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#25Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 2:29:15 PM
Hawke0 posted...
The guns should be balanced, and there shouldn't be 'power weapons'. Then it turns into seeing who can get the BFG9000 first and running around killing everyone with their OP weapon. Most of your ideas seem to consist of "this game would be so much better if it were a poor mans Halo".

---
You become who you hang out with.
#26Hawke0Posted 3/25/2013 2:35:03 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
Charry here has a point, but I don't know which weapons would be the power ones.

The general opinion seems to be the Carby, Phase Rifle, and SMAW. The SMAW is crippled by E. Focus and isn't really that good to begin with, but sure, why not? The Phase Rifle can be made irrelevant by Double Armor+Helmet, but it's still a power weapon because of... reasons. The only gun I'd say is legitimately a power weapon is the carby in GB, and even then the AR-C, flash bangs, and rads work great against it. Popping in and out of cover while getting shots off can work with almost any weapon by exploiting the fact it needs a moment needed to start firing. Once they need to reload, they're toast.
---
#27xXAISPXxPosted 3/25/2013 2:47:36 PM
Hawke0 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...

The general opinion seems to be the Carby, Phase Rifle, and SMAW. The SMAW is crippled by E. Focus and isn't really that good to begin with, but sure, why not? The Phase Rifle can be made irrelevant by Double Armor+Helmet, but it's still a power weapon because of... reasons. The only gun I'd say is legitimately a power weapon is the carby in GB, and even then the AR-C, flash bangs, and rads work great against it. Popping in and out of cover while getting shots off can work with almost any weapon by exploiting the fact it needs a moment needed to start firing. Once they need to reload, they're toast.

That's true. The Phase Rifle really shouldn't have complaints. All armor upgrades can counter the Phase Rifle entirely with or without perks, like you said. The SMAW can be canceled out by certain perks. On the other hand, the Carbonizer has no upgrade to devastate it without significance; you can only decrease the damage the slightest bit with armor upgrades.

So in conclusion, the Carbonizer should be the only power and OP weapon. I feel wrong saying the SMAW isn't OP, but it just isn't.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#28Hawke0Posted 3/25/2013 2:57:57 PM
Saying there shouldn't be any complaints regarding the PR is pushing it, but over all I agree.
---
#29ChariloePosted 3/25/2013 3:37:09 PM
Hawke0 posted...

First of all, I think you're forgetting that's how the Conduit series used to be, a Halo/Perfect dark cross with power weapons spawning in the map. Now it's more like a Crysis/CoD cross. The point that I'm trying to make is that Conduit 2 needs better organization. Besides, power weapons aren't even a problem. If it's just one of a certain power weapon that spawns like 2-3 times a match that's actually no problem at all, especially if it's just one guy with a power weapon. In team games, you and your teammates can gang up on whoever has it. As opposed to now anyone can spawn with a rocket, a OHKO sniper, a shotgun, etc. Now you can have everyone spawn with these at anytime they want. This means that when you kill them they can respawn as opposed to dropping the power weapon entirely. Also, I felt that it was annoying that I had to make an anti (insert weapon here) loadout just because some dude decided to use that weapon when I just wanted to use whatever gun I wanted to use. The way I see it, power weapons spawning on the map is free game to whoever gets them first, and it encourages map control, but just know that even though you have the power weapon, you could easily get ganged up on and killed with the power weapon.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#30Hawke0Posted 3/25/2013 4:39:36 PM(edited)
I play perkless and I've beaten every kind of player (not every player, but every type), be they a SMAW user, Hive Cannon user, Carbonizer user, AR-C user, and so on. Sounds like you just need to get better. Conduit 2 being different from Halo is a good thing, we already have Halo and it was much better than TCon in almost every way (It's also better than C2, but the fact that it's different makes that not such a big deal). Conduit 2 isn't like any certain crossover of game X and Y - it's just Conduit 2. I'd also say Control Points encourage map control better than weapon pick ups.
---