Weapon tiers (Draft)

#31ChariloePosted 3/26/2013 6:19:22 AM(edited)
Hawke0 posted...
I play perkless and I've beaten every kind of player (not every player, but every type), be they a SMAW user, Hive Cannon user, Carbonizer user, AR-C user, and so on. Sounds like you just need to get better. Conduit 2 being different from Halo is a good thing, we already have Halo and it was much better than TCon in almost every way (It's also better than C2, but the fact that it's different makes that not such a big deal). Conduit 2 isn't like any certain crossover of game X and Y - it's just Conduit 2. I'd also say Control Points encourage map control better than weapon pick ups.

I've long since retired from this game. If you play perkless, good for you, but don't act like you're hot stuff just because you play perkless and get kills. It's not that hard, really. I'm not saying that it should be like Halo. I'm reminding you that it was, in fact, like Halo and Perfect Dark were put together in a blender. Conduit 2 made it more like call of Duty. If you combined Crysis, CoD and Duke Nukem in a blender you'd get Conduit 2 or something like it. Saying Conduit 2 isn't like any of these games is like saying that HP doesn't make computers or that PB&J doesn't have peanut butter in it. Also, of course control points are better in map control. However, weapon pick-ups were never introduced in public games. Their sole purpose is to capture them, which is oddly enough stupid since they were meant for territory type game types. They don't even add much to their designated stats; they just put back what little of each stat was taken from speed, damage, and health. You're not guaranteed a win if you lose any of these, while with Power weapons, you can tun a game around with them. This has much more incentive to control the area where it spawns than capturing a control point unless it's annexation.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#32Hawke0Posted 3/26/2013 6:51:19 AM(edited)
I wasn't saying I was some kind of pro - as I clarified - I was merely saying any half competent player doesn't need to make loadouts to counter others. Also, the Control Points only having small boosts is a good thing, just like the lack of severely OP weapons that you clamor for so much. One team having all the CPs is enough of an advantage as it is, it shouldn't result in an auto win.

EDIT: as for the whole "this game is like these and it should be like this" what games they're like or were like is irrelevant, and you are saying C2 should be like Halo. Everything you say is that it should be more like Halo. Weapons spawning on the map? Yes. There should be OP weapons that spawn on the map and imbalance the game? Yes. I'm surprised you haven't complained that Ford's suit isn't green and that Prometheus isn't a hologram.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#33ChariloePosted 3/26/2013 2:26:57 PM
Hawke0 posted...
I wasn't saying I was some kind of pro - as I clarified - I was merely saying any half competent player doesn't need to make loadouts to counter others. Also, the Control Points only having small boosts is a good thing, just like the lack of severely OP weapons that you clamor for so much. One team having all the CPs is enough of an advantage as it is, it shouldn't result in an auto win.

EDIT: as for the whole "this game is like these and it should be like this" what games they're like or were like is irrelevant, and you are saying C2 should be like Halo. Everything you say is that it should be more like Halo. Weapons spawning on the map? Yes. There should be OP weapons that spawn on the map and imbalance the game? Yes. I'm surprised you haven't complained that Ford's suit isn't green and that Prometheus isn't a hologram.

Whatever your intentions were, the way how you just said it made you sound like some sort of elitist. Anyway, here's how the control points actually work. In games with Control points a small percentage of a player's speed health and damage percentage is taken out for the whole team. When you capture a control point, you and your tea gain that small percentage back. So it's not really boosting your stats, it's just adding back what was taken away. Also, it's not even a big boost. What's the point of even capturing them if it's not a game of annexation?

I'm not even saying that C2 should be like Halo, I'm saying that the power weapon pick ups worked before in TCon, and can work in Conduit 2. It would solve the balancing problems of weapons like the SMAW, TPC launcher, Carbonizer, Shrieker, Phase Rifle, and SPAS. They don't have to be toned down to be as strong as weapons like the SCAR, Strike Rifle, Deatomizer, etc. since they'll be temporary pick-ups that are free game to EVERYONE. I see how you're quick to jump the gun and say that this is overpowered and disrupts the balance. That's the point of the power weapons, though. It can be done if the developers make power weapons not so easy to use. Weapons like a sniper rifle are examples of this. Also, spawn and despawn timers are very important since these are what destroyed The Conduit's power weapons system. Weapons like the SMAW would respawn so often that the whole team could get them in a matter of minutes. There's a lot of variables to making this work, but that's too much for one post.
---
#34XG4LegendPosted 3/26/2013 2:46:35 PM
Stfu man....
---
DANGALANG MAN!!! only I can say it, cause I am.. the Dangalang Man.
#35Hawke0Posted 3/26/2013 3:30:39 PM
Why does it matter if they take away a small amount and then give it back to the team in control? It's about as much of an empty complaint as it gets. No matter how you say it, it's still an advantage over the other team. The fact that it's a small advantage is a good thing, because then the losing team can still make a comeback. As for power weapons, there shouldn't be power weapons and there isn't.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#36ChariloePosted 3/26/2013 5:17:59 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Why does it matter if they take away a small amount and then give it back to the team in control? It's about as much of an empty complaint as it gets. No matter how you say it, it's still an advantage over the other team. The fact that it's a small advantage is a good thing, because then the losing team can still make a comeback. As for power weapons, there shouldn't be power weapons and there isn't.

Why does it matter? It matters because it's completely pointless to do this. It's like a 5% bonus of a stat that was taken from you in the first place. Capturing them really won't turn a game around. You're right that a bonus is a bonus, but that bonus is so small that it's insignificant. The only reason people capture them is because they're lead to believe that it actually does something significant. It's the placebo effect, basically. Also, technically there are power weapons in the game. The Strong power weapons are the SMAW, Carbonizer, and the Phase Rifle. The Darkstar's not technically in it because the skill gap is so high for it to be considered a power weapon, but if you have a black hole, then it IS considered a power weapon. The medium ones are the TPC launcher, Hive Cannon, Shreiker and SPAS12. The only small one is the HVS45, and guess what? You spawn with ALL OF THESE. as opposed to just picking one (or two depending on the weapon) of each up in time ratios of twice per match, and before you say anything about explosive focus, its intended purpose was to be an offensive upgrade as opposed to a defensive upgrade like it's viewed as now.
---
#37CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/26/2013 5:39:52 PM(edited)
5% is a lot.
Particularly when its +5 for you, and -5 for them.

Combine that with the fact that there's 3 control points, thats a total of around 30%

Thats like a the difference of a whole other person on your team.

---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#38ChariloePosted 3/26/2013 6:22:40 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
5% is a lot.
Particularly when its +5 for you, and -5 for them.

Combine that with the fact that there's 3 control points, thats a total of around 30%

Thats like a the difference of a whole other person on your team.

It doesn't work like that. I don't even know where 30% came from, lol, but here's how it is. In any game type without control points everyone's speed, health, and damage ratio is at 100% In game types with control points, everyone starts at 95% health, speed and damage ratio. The control points for each stat give that 5% back to whichever team captured it. So one team is 100% on one stat, while the other is at 95%. The change is pretty insignificant and barely noticeable to be honest. Also, I'm using 5% as a placeholder. It could be even smaller or slightly bigger by a few percentages, but it's still a very small amount that doesn't make a difference in the long run.
---
#39Hawke0Posted 3/26/2013 6:46:58 PM
The PR is a power weapon when a tank loadout makes it irrelevant? The SMAW is a power weapon despite being crippled by Explosive Focus? The Carbonizer... That's the only gun that truly qualifies as a power weapon, and it's hardly used. Also, according to everyone attack is 13%. It makes a huge difference against SMAWs if you're using a tank loadout, mainly because they're unlikely to OHKO you without it. Speaking of attack, have you ever tested your theory on it? If it were true for anything but Speed, then wouldn't getting a SPAS OHKO be impossible without attack? If it was, that would be a pretty big deal. Also, Speed is definitely important. The only unimportant one is health.
---
#401PefrogPosted 3/26/2013 6:52:22 PM
Control points are very noticeable.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.