Things TCon did better than Con2

#1Phasmatis92Posted 3/23/2013 4:54:36 AM
For all its improvements, I actually feel Con2 step some steps back from TCon.
Examples:

- Campaign framerate. Con2 tended to chug more, (Siberia was especially bad) while TCon ran more fluidly. (Though that might be my memory)

- The music was hands down better in TCon, it had a distinct atmosphere. In Con2 it was bland.

- Voice acting in Tcon was far superior also, it was professional compared to Con2's more amatuerish VA.

- The SCAR was much better in TCon. The scope felt much better than its ADS in Con2, and burst fire set it apart from the MP5KA.

- TCon's health bar, slower regen, bloom/colour effects on low health, and old school lack of regen in favour of health packs in early levels are all preferable to Con2's generic red screen.

Agree/disagree?
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#2Hawke0Posted 3/23/2013 6:58:51 AM
- Campaign framerate. Con2 tended to chug more, (Siberia was especially bad) while TCon ran more fluidly. (Though that might be my memory)
C2 did have some minor framerate problems, while I can't recall TCon ever having framerate problems. So

- The music was hands down better in TCon, it had a distinct atmosphere. In Con2 it was bland.
It was better, but it was all still forgettable.

- Voice acting in Tcon was far superior also, it was professional compared to Con2's more amatuerish VA.
Agreed, although John Adams sounded too evil, to the point where I laughed at his voice.

- The SCAR was much better in TCon. The scope felt much better than its ADS in Con2, and burst fire set it apart from the MP5KA.
Yes.

- TCon's health bar, slower regen, bloom/colour effects on low health, and old school lack of regen in favour of health packs in early levels are all preferable to Con2's generic red screen.
Health bars are always better than red screens.
In a campaign, health packs>>>>>>>>>>>>regeneration
In mutliplayer, Regeneration>>>health packs
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#3xXAISPXxPosted 3/23/2013 8:05:54 AM
I have to agree with everything you said. As for health, I would totally prefer health packs and regenerating than just regenerating. Kind of like Halo.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#4B05S_BrennanPosted 3/23/2013 8:13:56 AM
I actually like the red screen more than a health bar. In the middle of a battle, it's hard to keep an eye on a health bar, especially when you're already trying keep an eye on both your screen and your radar. It would be nice to have health bars, but only if they keep the red screen.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#5Hawke0Posted 3/23/2013 8:28:06 AM
Let us choose.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#6Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:04:19 PM
I actually feel Con2 could've been a better game if they'd stayed more true to the original while adding more content, instead of dramatically changing so much.

It's two steps forward, two steps back in my book; if they combined the best elements of the two, then they'd have a pretty solid package.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#7Hawke0Posted 3/23/2013 8:29:14 PM
I'd say they took a step forward and a leap to the left.
---
#8Infinity8378Posted 3/24/2013 12:48:01 AM
- Campaign framerate. Con2 tended to chug more, (Siberia was especially bad)
Not really. Conduit 2 has so much better graphics than Conduit that its laughable now to call them the best graphics on Wii like they were heavily advertised lots of models used shading that caused unrealistic lighting all over the place that made the game look faded or over contrasting.

There was less music but there were more sound effects with enemies that actually speak ect.

Voice acting was better in Tcon but like I said before there was more voice overs in conduit 2 so its a tradeoff

If you say so.

Health bars detract from the sense of realism in the game. Losing vision is more realistic than health bars. Combined with the mediocre Xbox/PS2 visuals at times it detracted from the emersion and overall experience.
#9aakify1Posted 3/24/2013 6:10:16 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
I actually like the red screen more than a health bar. In the middle of a battle, it's hard to keep an eye on a health bar, especially when you're already trying keep an eye on both your screen and your radar. It would be nice to have health bars, but only if they keep the red screen.

Like GE in Classic mode
---
Con2 -{Aakify FC: 5157-6690-9639},
[D-S]*Aakify FC: 0562-6287-1878
#10ChariloePosted 3/26/2013 7:01:32 AM(edited)
Infinity8378 posted...
- Campaign framerate. Con2 tended to chug more, (Siberia was especially bad)
Not really. Conduit 2 has so much better graphics than Conduit that its laughable now to call them the best graphics on Wii like they were heavily advertised lots of models used shading that caused unrealistic lighting all over the place that made the game look faded or over contrasting.

You're talking about graphics, not framerate.

There was less music but there were more sound effects with enemies that actually speak ect.

That's sound as a whole, the point is about the music only.

Voice acting was better in Tcon but like I said before there was more voice overs in conduit 2 so its a tradeoff

That's debatable. Although, Conduit 2 had more voice overs, The Conduit had more radios.

If you say so.

It is a matter of opinion, but burst fire gave the SCAR its distinction from the rest of the weapons in TCon. In C2, it's just a combo if the USP and MP5. However, in C2, it's more commonly used as a spray and pray weapon as opposed to a precision weapon, which makes it more bland in my eyes.

Health bars detract from the sense of realism in the game. Losing vision is more realistic than health bars. Combined with the mediocre Xbox/PS2 visuals at times it detracted from the emersion and overall experience.

TCon integrated the loss of vision with the fading of colors, loss of sound, very heavy breathing, and blurring of your vision when you're close to dying. That felt 100 times more realistic than just seeing red on your screen. For those who complained about the healthbar, you can see that you're losing health when your colors and sound start to fade. Having a health bar just showed how much health you have left, so you can go find cover. Also, there you go mentioning the graphics again in a point about something else.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328