Things TCon did better than Con2

#11B05S_BrennanPosted 3/26/2013 7:25:41 AM
Chariloe posted...
For those who complained about the healthbar, you can see that you're losing health when your colors and sound start to fade. Having a health bar just showed how much health you have left, so you can go find cover.

But C2's screen showed how much health you have during a fight better than TCon's. IIRC, TCon didn't fade the screen until you were very, very close to death, at which point it was probably too late to find cover. Though, when you're already behind cover and you can take your eyes away from your screen, the health bar is more accurate for telling how much health you have left. That's why you should be able to choose between the two (or choose both) in the next game.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#12Hawke0Posted 3/26/2013 2:31:32 PM
You do remember correctly.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#13ChariloePosted 3/26/2013 2:40:55 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Chariloe posted...
For those who complained about the healthbar, you can see that you're losing health when your colors and sound start to fade. Having a health bar just showed how much health you have left, so you can go find cover.

But C2's screen showed how much health you have during a fight better than TCon's. IIRC, TCon didn't fade the screen until you were very, very close to death, at which point it was probably too late to find cover. Though, when you're already behind cover and you can take your eyes away from your screen, the health bar is more accurate for telling how much health you have left. That's why you should be able to choose between the two (or choose both) in the next game.

Meh, I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. I never had a problem with the health bar. Especially since the HUD was fully customizable, but that would be a good idea to give you the option of a health bar or red screen.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#14Phasmatis92(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:47:25 PM
Infinity8378 posted...

Health bars detract from the sense of realism in the game. Losing vision is more realistic than health bars. Combined with the mediocre Xbox/PS2 visuals at times it detracted from the emersion and overall experience.

Realism
What realism?
We're talking about regenerating health in a cheesy sci-fi game here, realism's beside the point.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#15CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/28/2013 11:41:19 PM(edited)
Con2 Needed the health bar.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell if you are 100% or 90%, and that is the difference between being safe, and being OHKOd.

If you don't feel like you'd benefit from it, well... Customization.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#16ChariloePosted 3/29/2013 3:44:01 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Con2 Needed the health bar.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell if you are 100% or 90%, and that is the difference between being safe, and being OHKOd.

If you don't feel like you'd benefit from it, well... Customization.

---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#17boxdude123Posted 3/29/2013 5:26:19 PM
I agree completely with TC. The only thing better about C2 was the Multiplayer (aside from the lag of course). I liked the new weapons, but all weapons had a unique roll and changing the scar like they did just mad the secondary machine gun (can't remember the name but you know what I mean) two similar weapons. Tcon was better in almost every way.
---
Official co-leader of KIL (KIL_Ford)
Members Join the forum http://w11.zetaboards.com/kil