Serenity

#111PefrogPosted 3/23/2013 11:18:33 AM
Derppopotamus posted...
I'd say its more glitchy than laggy. Players are visually on different levels then are standing on their screen in both Precipice and Serenity. And you can actually kill the player's ghost and it kills the player without them ever seeing you :c

Every map has that.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#12DerppopotamusPosted 3/23/2013 11:30:50 AM
1Pefrog posted...
Derppopotamus posted...
I'd say its more glitchy than laggy. Players are visually on different levels then are standing on their screen in both Precipice and Serenity. And you can actually kill the player's ghost and it kills the player without them ever seeing you :c

Every map has that.

Mhm, but these two maps have a lot of vertical shtuffs.
---
I'm Derpitimus. I forgot my password, and got locked out of my account.
#13_SignalPosted 3/23/2013 12:04:48 PM
I love Serenity in spite of some of it's flaws.

No other map has a fountain you can climb!

It has a little bit of asymmetry, but not too much like Avalanche or Precipice, so for me I think it sort of plays like Streets.

I just wish I could jump on top of that tree.

And come on, you gotta love the ironic name.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#14xXAISPXx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 12:37:04 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Maps don't effect lag.
Also, I hate Serenity.

What I mean is the size of the maps. It's obvious that a small map like Serenity lags horribly with large amounts of players confined in it. So does Streets and Crash Site. Okay, fine; all maps lag. However, I'm pretty sure it lags more when a bunch of people are in a small area.

I also hate that map, haha.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#15DerppopotamusPosted 3/23/2013 12:49:46 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Maps don't effect lag.

The map could have more geometry showing on the players screen and more effects. That would cause the players to have a lower framerate and less resources can be used to send the packets, and that would create lag fo show.
---
I'm Derpitimus. I forgot my password, and got locked out of my account.