Weapon Tiers (Draft ver. 1.5)

#1Loremas1861Posted 3/25/2013 6:55:35 AM
Hive Cannon: Overpowered even without perks because of large clip and how noob-friendly it is. Explosive focus barely counters it.
HC effective | GB effective

Phase Rifle: Moderately overpowered with specialization. If with no specialization, balanced.
HC effective | effective

Carbonizer MK16: Overpowered. Very high dps. Does not require perks to be great. The downside is supposed to be slower running speed, which is null because of the quick-switching. Balanced in HC because even though you're accurate, the enemy can just bunnyhop and punch you to death.
HC mediocre | GB effective

SMAW: Overbalanced. Insane OHK ability even without perks. Not effective in long range. Crippled by Explosives focus.

Widowmaker Turret: Balanced. Even though it kills fast, it pretty much needs widow spec and stealth counters that. Also countered by flash grenades.
HC effective | GB balanced

SCAR: Overbalanced. Can kill pretty fast. Ballistic upgrades help A LOT.

SPAS 12: Overbalanced. Does not rely on perks to be good. Has amazing OHK abilities. Somewhat countered by Explosives focus.

USP.45: Balanced. Does not need perks to be good. Not countered by anything. ADS is effective.

TPC Launcher: Balanced. Does not need perks to be good. The ability to lay mines down adds versatility. High damage. Countered by Explosive focus.

AR-C Eclipse: Balanced. Almost requires Stealth in GB to be an aggressive backstabber. If player is seen, explosive weapons are AR-C's counter.

Warp Pistol: Balanced. Has OHK potential. Somewhat countered by Explosive focus. High suicide risk in very short range.

Shrieker: Very balanced. Secondary fire can quickly finish off enemies with low health, but has low killing potential. Primary fire is very effective. Crippled by Explosive focus.

Strike Rifle: Balanced. Can use Energy upgrades, but not required to be good. Outclassed by a specialized Phase Rifle.

Dark Star: Balanced. Perks help a lot, but not required. You can tag enemies to get black holes and stop regeneration for a small period of time. Black holes can be out-runned.

HVS.45: Balanced. Does not need perks. Has low fire rate. Has OHK potential. Because of high amount of bunnyhoppers in GB, this gun is more effective in HC.
HC friendly | GB mediocre

MP5KA4: Underbalanced. Ballistic upgrades are highly recommended. Very accurate. Low damage.
HC mediocre | GB mediocre

Deatomizer MK4: Balanced. Secondary fire is very inaccurate. Capacitor increases effectiveness of the primary fire significantly. Bola shots are slow.
HC effective | GB mediocre

Aegis Device: Underpowered. Perks can help compliment the gun a lot. Shield is useless against explosive splash damage. Throwing a radiation grenade at the shield can quickly damage and even kill the shield user provided they don't immediately throw the radiation grenade back.
HC mediocre | GB mediocre

This is a draft. Please leave feedback!
---
You become who you hang out with.
#2Hawke0Posted 3/25/2013 7:05:31 AM
I'd move the AR-C in GB to balanced, the Carby in HC to balanced, the Warpy in GB to mediocre, the Shrieker to mediocre in GB, the SPAS in both modes to balanced, the SMAW in GB to balanced, the Strike Rifle to mediocre in HC, the Dark Star to balanced in both modes, and the Deatomizer to balanced in HC.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#3Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:16:37 AM
Hawke0 posted...
I'd move the AR-C in GB to balanced, the Carby in HC to balanced, the Warpy in GB to mediocre, the Shrieker to mediocre in GB, the SPAS in both modes to balanced, the SMAW in GB to balanced, the Strike Rifle to mediocre in HC, the Dark Star to balanced in both modes, and the Deatomizer to balanced in HC.

Mediocre means balanced. The SPAS is pretty effective on both modes unless your accuracy sucks. Same goes for Strike Rifle.
---
#4CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/25/2013 7:26:49 AM
Should mention that the HVS requires twice the number of hits to kill w/ explosive focus.
Should also account for its very small clip size.

Only has the killing potential of 7 people w/ body shots.

Only the killing potential of 3 w/ body shots against explosive focus.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5_SignalPosted 3/25/2013 8:04:36 AM
I'm tired of Explosive Focus. I use it on an Anti-Smaw Loadout with the TPC and USP, but I think I'm going to drop it all together and try something new.

I just don't know what yet.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#6stardust121Posted 3/25/2013 9:56:16 AM
_Signal posted...
I'm tired of Explosive Focus. I use it on an Anti-Smaw Loadout with the TPC and USP, but I think I'm going to drop it all together and try something new.

Little is more satisfying than backstabbing a Smawer who feels safe with their rocket. Arc+stealth is pretty fun for dealing with them when you've got some patience to work with.
---
Conduit 2: 0862-8647-6484(Ricky)
- - - (Shadice)
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/25/2013 12:57:40 PM
stardust121 posted...
_Signal posted...

Little is more satisfying than backstabbing a Smawer who feels safe with their rocket. Arc+stealth is pretty fun for dealing with them when you've got some patience to work with.

I don't think that will work w/ sig.

Stealth w/ something else might though.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#8Hawke0Posted 3/25/2013 3:28:17 PM
Loremas1861 posted...
Hawke0 posted...

Mediocre means balanced. The SPAS is pretty effective on both modes unless your accuracy sucks. Same goes for Strike Rifle.

So the options are effective, balanced, and balanced?
It's make more sense to have OP, balanced, and UP. After all, you could say almost every gun is effective, it's a pretty low ceiling of usefulness. Even the Aegis Device can be moderately effective in the right hands (I once came close to getting a RoT with it).. The SPAS is a balanced weapon, effective but balanced.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#9Loremas1861(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 3:42:14 PM
Hawke0 posted...
So the options are effective, balanced, and balanced?

Well no. The only options are effective and balanced. Every weapon can be good. Just some are more effective than others. Your other sentence says that as well.
After all, you could say almost every gun is effective

---