The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Ok I know this sounds a little self centered but its not, Trust (lol) me....

#1--Hope--Posted 3/25/2013 4:13:46 PM
Ok here is the deal. I have been playing C2 for almost a year now and I would like to know if anyone has ever recorded a match with me in it too ( the youtube matches). If anyone knows of any vids please tell me.

The whole purpose of this is because a while ago someone made a post about internet speeds. It made me wonder if for some people on their screen it looked like I was teleporting and such. AISP stated that he has a very fast connection and on my screen he appears to be running at a gizillion miles per hour. Even though he is not in reality my internet connection is slower than his therefore giving me the illusion he is hacking or glitching.

I want to see if someone who has a slower connection than me recorded a match with me in it. That way I can finally know if I really appear to be glitching/or hacking on someone else's screen.

i hope this all makes sense, if not just post a question or send me a pm. If you know of a vid that includes me ( preferably from someone with a slower connections point of view) just post a link please. thanks in advance.
---
"In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs man's torments." ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Hope* FC: 4170-3637-3845
#2--Hope--(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:25:49 PM
Seriously I really need to see another person's perspective of my character online. I have seen AISP on youtube a lot as well as XG4Legend and BOS5 Brennan. I am still looking for a recording of a match with dark*star as well. Its cool getting different perspectives.
---
"In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs man's torments." ~Friedrich Nietzsche
#3xXAISPXxPosted 3/25/2013 5:12:55 PM
Ay...well...where and when did you hear that? My connection is rage-inducing.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#4_SignalPosted 3/25/2013 5:26:38 PM(edited)
I probably have a vid of Dark*Star aka Dug. Let me look at what I've uploaded and I'll get back to you.

I don't know if you lurked very much before officially joining, but you have the proverbial can of worms in your hand and are poised with a can opener, LOL.

We've spent a lot of time talking here about the real possibility of "connection advantage," though a few people remain reluctant to agree that it actually exists. This discussion goes back almost two years when Samu5 was still playing a lot and seemed to move considerably more quickly through the maps.

The guys that you've mentioned, Brennan, Dug, XG4, and AISP are among the fastest moving players that I've ever played against. XG4 and Brennan are consistently fast to me, Dug is fast but somewhat variable, and I've only played against AISP a couple of times but he was pretty fast as well. I have great respect for all these guys, they're great players, and I know that they wouldn't glitch or hack.

The catchphrases of this topic usually include "navigate the maps better," "speed control point," and "lag."

But I'm sure if you've been playing for a year that you realize that it's something more than that. There are just some players that are all over you a few seconds after you spawn.

I've been in FFA in Streets Prime, and most of my loadouts use Metal Legs and Supercharger. My favorite gun is the USP. No one carrying a Scar should be able to outrun me on clear ground with that gun and those perks, yet I've watched as they outran me to a place of safety.

Unfortunately this is one of the peculiarities of the game. I don't like it.

I've been having a little trouble recording lately. I think my Hauppauge has a hardware problem, but I'd be happy to try to record you sometime.

I usually only play after about 11 pm CST weeknights, but I have some more flexibility on the weekend. We should exchange FCs.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#51PefrogPosted 3/25/2013 5:49:03 PM
Variable is right. At times I feel like I am flying through the map and other times I feel like I am stuck in mud. I was in a match the other day where I am moving along well and then all of the sudden a carbonizer starts firing and I'm moving through mud.

Like Signal says the speed control point has a lot to do with it, as does supercharger. I'm not using supercharger right now because the dark star is such a slow reload. As for certain players having a connection advantage ... I don't know. What I see is as you describe. Players almost skipping frames across my screen. Impossible to target, even when I have the advantage of distance (dark star, MP5 vs. SPAS, usp45). I receive damage even when I am around the corner. I can tell you that when I have a great connection my dark star shots stick easier and I move around easily.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#6xXAISPXxPosted 3/25/2013 6:00:40 PM
_Signal posted...
I probably have a vid of Dark*Star aka Dug. Let me look at what I've uploaded and I'll get back to you.

I don't know if you lurked very much before officially joining, but you have the proverbial can of worms in your hand and are poised with a can opener, LOL.

We've spent a lot of time talking here about the real possibility of "connection advantage," though a few people remain reluctant to agree that it actually exists. This discussion goes back almost two years when Samu5 was still playing a lot and seemed to move considerably more quickly through the maps.

The guys that you've mentioned, Brennan, Dug, XG4, and AISP are among the fastest moving players that I've ever played against. XG4 and Brennan are consistently fast to me, Dug is fast but somewhat variable, and I've only played against AISP a couple of times but he was pretty fast as well. I have great respect for all these guys, they're great players, and I know that they wouldn't glitch or hack.

The catchphrases of this topic usually include "navigate the maps better," "speed control point," and "lag."

But I'm sure if you've been playing for a year that you realize that it's something more than that. There are just some players that are all over you a few seconds after you spawn.

I've been in FFA in Streets Prime, and most of my loadouts use Metal Legs and Supercharger. My favorite gun is the USP. No one carrying a Scar should be able to outrun me on clear ground with that gun and those perks, yet I've watched as they outran me to a place of safety.

Unfortunately this is one of the peculiarities of the game. I don't like it.

I've been having a little trouble recording lately. I think my Hauppauge has a hardware problem, but I'd be happy to try to record you sometime.

I usually only play after about 11 pm CST weeknights, but I have some more flexibility on the weekend. We should exchange FCs.

We should definitely play more, Signal. I need to fix my hacks, though, they are making me lag, hahaha.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#7_SignalPosted 3/25/2013 6:45:16 PM
I just need to play more in general AISP. I'm not on nearly as much as I used to be.

Dug was one of the most talked about players before he joined because his connection was so variable (Hi Dug!).

One thing worth mentioning, and it took me an embarrassingly long time to discover this, well, actually I didn't discover it, somebody pointed it out to me.

You move more slowly when firing.

For a long time I just thought that surge in the animation was some kind of simulated recoil, but I was wrong, you actually do slow down.

I don't know if some loadouts are more affected than others, but you definitely lose speed when shooting.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#81PefrogPosted 3/25/2013 6:53:45 PM
_Signal posted...
I just need to play more in general AISP. I'm not on nearly as much as I used to be.

Dug was one of the most talked about players before he joined because his connection was so variable (Hi Dug!).

One thing worth mentioning, and it took me an embarrassingly long time to discover this, well, actually I didn't discover it, somebody pointed it out to me.

You move more slowly when firing.

For a long time I just thought that surge in the animation was some kind of simulated recoil, but I was wrong, you actually do slow down.

I don't know if some loadouts are more affected than others, but you definitely lose speed when shooting.

Hmm ... I get off the sprint button when firing. It's just how I roll. I am not that great at aiming and less movement = better accuracy. Now who is dissecting me and divulging all of my secrets?
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#9--Hope--(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:03:37 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
Ay...well...where and when did you hear that? My connection is rage-inducing.

Rage inducing as in rage inducing for you, or for the other dude? Because most of the time it seems you are the one with the 99.9% faster connection then the rest of the people in this area ( I looked up your network speed on the " Post your network speed here" post.). Lol. Or wait, maybe it was BO5S Brennan with the connection faster than 99.9% of the people in the area. ( the area meaning this sectors network server or whatever.I don't really know my technical terms.....) Anyway, AISP is your connection slow or its it the other way around? Mine can pretty nasty at times ( for me).
---
#10--Hope--(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:12:52 PM
_Signal posted...

Thanks _Signal. 1Pefrog, do I apear to be moving slow when I fight you? Or do I skip screens?

(I really think how fast you (generally speaking to everyone) are has something to do with how good your "ping" is and all of that tech stuff. ) Maybe I am wrong, maybe not.
---