Things that C2 did better than TCon

#1_SignalPosted 3/27/2013 6:14:00 PM
I'm not going to get into specific weapons here, because I don't know the TCon weapons that well, and it's pretty subjective anyway.

Overall multiplayer is vastly improved.

No more waiting 15 minutes just to fail to connect to a match.

No more spawning inside a wall.

Many fewer places to glitch and get outside the map, and if someone does get outside the map you have the Phase Rifle to fight them.

Even though there are some problems with it, the loadout system offers a more varied and complex game compared to the weapon sets in TCon.

Removal of the ammo lockers in public matches was a huge improvement. Could you imagine the RD spamming that would happen with ammo lockers?

The same goes for the weapon spawn. It just created a place for camping, and then one very overpowered player.

I'm sure there are more...
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#2xXAISPXxPosted 3/27/2013 6:45:58 PM
Let us not forget spawn time doesn't take about a minute in some cases like it did in TCon.

I completely agree about the map and spawn glitch that caught us all off guard when we got the game. Oddly enough, I haven't had that glitch in months.

I was kind of disappointed not having ammo locks in Multiplayer, but then I realized that's what the perks Ammo Belt and Ammo Salvage are for. Not too much of a buggy for me.

A key difference I noticed in Conduit 2 is that it had a much "faster" and more "clear" look. I don't exactly know what it is; however, something made it stood out from its predecessor.

The data information and the new scannable items in Conduit 2's campaign was a major hit for me. You can definitely get an A in History more efficiently in Conduit 2 than The Conduit, haha.
---
TCon-{AISP FC: 3954-8764-7672}
Con2-{AISP FC: 4083-8526-7529 HC-AISP FC: 4642-7312-4915}
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/27/2013 7:40:38 PM
Oh gosh.... A lot.

The biggest being just how much better the game program actually functions.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4ChariloePosted 3/27/2013 9:19:07 PM
_Signal posted...
Overall multiplayer is vastly improved.

I guess it just depends on what type of game you like. I liked TCon's old school style and the fact that you weren't forced to scope in with weapons, but I wouldn't object to C2's style nearly as much if it was perfected, that is.

_Signal posted...
No more waiting 15 minutes just to fail to connect to a match.

Definitely

_Signal posted...
No more spawning inside a wall.

Well, that glitch still used to happen to me when I played, but not nearly as frequent as it did in TCon.

_Signal posted...
Many fewer places to glitch and get outside the map, and if someone does get outside the map you have the Phase Rifle to fight them.

Well there is the factor of stealth and the AR-C Eclipse. The eclipse is a glitch weapon since you can access glitches wit it easier, and you can go undetected from PR users. Stealth on it's own basically guarantees that you won't get killed by a PR if you're glitching, which means you can fully get away with doing an out of map glitch, that is, if you don't sprint or poke your head out while in the glitch.

_Signal posted...
Even though there are some problems with it, the loadout system offers a more varied and complex game compared to the weapon sets in TCon.

There's a lot of balance issues with C2's loadout systems, while with TCon, it was more arena based and had balanced games that depended on skill. Although, TCon still had problems with the spawn times of power weapons, and let's not even bring up the weapon fusing.... -___- Anyway, like I said before, I'm open to loadouts if they're done correctly. But C2's is far from perfect IMO.

Continued in part 2...
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#5ChariloePosted 3/27/2013 9:19:37 PM
_Signal posted...
Removal of the ammo lockers in public matches was a huge improvement. Could you imagine the RD spamming that would happen with ammo lockers?

Hell yeah! I hated nade spammers so much in TCon. It got so bad that when I played with friends, we played every serious game without any grenades and completely avoided public games. Although Ammo salvage isn't much of a problem, it still kinda encourages it, and reverse damage is just ridiculous, but I digress, haha.

_Signal posted...
The same goes for the weapon spawn. It just created a place for camping, and then one very overpowered player.

Honestly, I would have rather had it to where you have regular weapons in your loadouts, and power weapons as pick-ups. The only problem with the way TCon did it was that the spawn times of power weapons were too frequent, and weapons like the SMAW and Carbonizer weren't balanced at all. C2's Carbonizer, though, is perfect. I don't complain about the SMAW anymore, though because in Halo, the rocket launchers are way more dangerous, but again, I digress. If HVS made it so that the power weapons spawned like only once or maybe even twice in a match, then it could definitely work. Although, I can see how people can be skeptical seeing that HVS didn't quite do it right in TCon.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#6Hawke0Posted 3/28/2013 3:03:35 PM
Conduit 2 doesn't have power weapons.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#7FF5_PoisonPosted 3/28/2013 3:18:38 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Conduit 2 doesn't have power weapons.

^
---
Con2 FC 4427- 8762-1544
#8Hawke0Posted 3/28/2013 5:13:13 PM
What did C2 do better than TCon? Almost everything.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/28/2013 8:19:29 PM
Hawke0 posted...
What did C2 do better than TCon? Almost everything.

But you could still come up with a VERY long list for Tcon.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656