Conduit 2 is boring.

#101_SignalPosted 4/6/2013 2:29:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#102CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/6/2013 2:31:31 PM
_Signal posted...
like2nap posted...

You're backing up what I said. In C2 you have to work around it's limitations. Which can be done. it's not like it's horrible, but MW3 and Black Ops 2 don't really have any limitations. You can do what you want to do as opposed to doing only what the game allows you to do because has a limited control scheme. It's an inferior design any way you look at it.

I just bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AimShot-Laser-Sight-With-Rail-Mount-KT-6132-/380601839528?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item589da32fa8

LOL, I hope you don't think there will be a 1:1 relationship of hand movement to reticle movement in either game without adjusting the settings. There is no way. There are too many vairables like distance from the TV, size of the TV, aspect ratio of the TV, and the vertical position of the sensor bar relative to the Wiimote.

My point was, that I will make as many adjustments as possible to both games in order to achieve the best 1:1 tracking, and we'll see which game does it better.

Oh Gee... I just now noticed that you think MW3 is also better. Well, I can test that one too.

My setup is pretty dang close to 1:1,

Thanks to my custom sensor bar. :)
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#103_SignalPosted 4/6/2013 2:34:47 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...
like2nap posted...

You're backing up what I said. In C2 you have to work around it's limitations. Which can be done. it's not like it's horrible, but MW3 and Black Ops 2 don't really have any limitations. You can do what you want to do as opposed to doing only what the game allows you to do because has a limited control scheme. It's an inferior design any way you look at it.

I just bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AimShot-Laser-Sight-With-Rail-Mount-KT-6132-/380601839528?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item589da32fa8

LOL, I hope you don't think there will be a 1:1 relationship of hand movement to reticle movement in either game without adjusting the settings. There is no way. There are too many vairables like distance from the TV, size of the TV, aspect ratio of the TV, and the vertical position of the sensor bar relative to the Wiimote.

My point was, that I will make as many adjustments as possible to both games in order to achieve the best 1:1 tracking, and we'll see which game does it better.

Oh Gee... I just now noticed that you think MW3 is also better. Well, I can test that one too.

My setup is pretty dang close to 1:1,

Thanks to my custom sensor bar. :)

But you are a wizbang. Not everyone can be.

LOL, while I was looking to see if a LASER would damage a plasma TV I came across this... pretty funny how passionate some gamers are.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1019025/laser-pointer-on-plasma-damage

And tell me about this custom sensor bar.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#104_SignalPosted 4/6/2013 2:37:35 PM
Didn't someone post a link to a video where two guys had sensor bars on their heads and were sword fighting or something?

Was that you?
---
#105CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/6/2013 2:43:53 PM
_Signal posted...
Didn't someone post a link to a video where two guys had sensor bars on their heads and were sword fighting or something?

Was that you?

That was me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IemgLDArXM
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#106_SignalPosted 4/6/2013 3:09:37 PM(edited)
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...

Was that you?

That was me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IemgLDArXM

LOL, thanks for the link again.

p.s. Don't try that without Motion Plus...
---
#107like2napPosted 4/6/2013 3:26:29 PM
_Signal posted...

What on earth would make you think I don't know that? I thought it was obvious that I have tested both games thoroughly. How did you miss that? The same way that you missed the flaws in C2's ADS aiming?
#108_SignalPosted 4/6/2013 5:06:18 PM
like2nap posted...
_Signal posted...

What on earth would make you think I don't know that? I thought it was obvious that I have tested both games thoroughly. How did you miss that? The same way that you missed the flaws in C2's ADS aiming?

This gave me the impression that you thought I was saying that I would have difficulty adjusting C2's controls and that BOPS2 was going to work at 1:1 with it's default settings.

like2nap posted...
<

This is the first time you mentioned any tests that you did to determine Wiimote and pointer precision comparing BOPS2 to C2.

How did you test it?
---
#109like2napPosted 4/6/2013 6:15:53 PM
_Signal posted...
like2nap posted...
_Signal posted...

This gave me the impression that you thought I was saying that I would have difficulty adjusting C2's controls and that BOPS2 was going to work at 1:1 with it's default settings.

like2nap posted...
<

This is the first time you mentioned any tests that you did to determine Wiimote and pointer precision comparing BOPS2 to C2.

How did you test it?

Oh no no no. Never defaults settings. Ever. Always custom. We seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding here. Maybe we should get this straightened out before you go buy a laser sight. I forgot you don't know me that well and found it mildly insulting that you implied I would make such a silly mistake.

I'll have to get back to you. I'm grilling out and probably won't be back on here tonight. In a nutshell though to test the settings I simply pick one and try it out. Every aspect of it. Aiming while moving in any directions, at stationary target, targets above or below at different heights, standing still, after sprinting, crouched, crouching and rising, while jumping, jumping and turning, jumping and aiming at a target above me or below me. Then do every one of those same tests while ADS (that can be done) starting ADS and moving to hipfire, starting with hipfire and moving to ADS, and back again. While aiming at different targets in between the ADS and hipfire switches either above, below, left or right. (Again this is done sitting still, crouched, prone (in games that have it), moving in all directions, before and after sprinting, even sprinting again etc)

Because the ADS mechanic is so excellent in Black Ops 2, C2 just can't keep up. Hipfire is close, but I can still get on target quicker and stay there easier with Black Ops 2 than C2 simply because COD has more settings.
Keep in mind I'm not factoring lock on into anything. Nor COD aim assist.

Sniping is an issue in BLOPS2. I have to compare sniping to previous games. Sniping is pretty good in C2, but again the lack of options hurts it.

Hipfire and Sniping in C2 aren't bad. Hipfire is really good actually. ADS is atrocious.

That's all i can remember off the top of my head. I don't have my test list with me at the moment.
#110_SignalPosted 4/6/2013 7:34:18 PM
like2nap posted...

Oh no no no. Never defaults settings. Ever. Always custom. We seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding here. Maybe we should get this straightened out before you go buy a laser sight. I forgot you don't know me that well and found it mildly insulting that you implied I would make such a silly mistake.

I'll have to get back to you. I'm grilling out and probably won't be back on here tonight. In a nutshell though to test the settings I simply pick one and try it out. Every aspect of it. Aiming while moving in any directions, at stationary target, targets above or below at different heights, standing still, after sprinting, crouched, crouching and rising, while jumping, jumping and turning, jumping and aiming at a target above me or below me. Then do every one of those same tests while ADS (that can be done) starting ADS and moving to hipfire, starting with hipfire and moving to ADS, and back again. While aiming at different targets in between the ADS and hipfire switches either above, below, left or right. (Again this is done sitting still, crouched, prone (in games that have it), moving in all directions, before and after sprinting, even sprinting again etc)

Because the ADS mechanic is so excellent in Black Ops 2, C2 just can't keep up. Hipfire is close, but I can still get on target quicker and stay there easier with Black Ops 2 than C2 simply because COD has more settings.
Keep in mind I'm not factoring lock on into anything. Nor COD aim assist.

Sniping is an issue in BLOPS2. I have to compare sniping to previous games. Sniping is pretty good in C2, but again the lack of options hurts it.

Hipfire and Sniping in C2 aren't bad. Hipfire is really good actually. ADS is atrocious.

That's all i can remember off the top of my head. I don't have my test list with me at the moment.

Dude, we've known each other for like a year.

I didn't mean to imply that you had made any mistake, I was just explaining how I plan to set up the test. All of your accuracy tests seem based on "feel," which seems to fit the definition of subjective.

The LASER sight has been on it's way for 5 hours. I'll probably have to get one of my machine shop buddies at work to come up with an attachment method, but it will happen.

Of course the test would have to be performed with no lockon. Initial tests would done with no shooting, just tracking. I guess we could try shooting and looking at hitbox location vs the LASER at a later time, but I think just the tracking experiment is going to take some time.

Here is my plan:

Calibration:

For BOPS2 and C2:

Align the LASER with the reticle positioned in the center of the screen. Then very slowly move the reticle to the left, right, top, and bottom edges while adjusting the "sensitivity" so that the LASER and reticle remain aligned at the edges.

Testing:

For BOPS2 and C2:

Move the LASER quickly from one point to another on the screen, simulating target tracking, both stationary and moving, then analyze recorded film footage frame by frame to see how well the reticle stays in synch with the LASER.

C2 only:

Repeat with Motion Plus turned off.

Maybe both games will be about the same. Maybe Motion Plus won't make a difference.

I'm so weary of all the C2/CoD comparisons. First it was MW3 and now it's BOPS2. Perhaps MW3 was a fair comparison, since they both ran on the Wii, but in my opinion, C2 used MW3 to wipe the floor.

BOPS2 is a very playable game. I've said this already. Independent ADS adjustment is also nice. I've said that already too.

The simple fact that we're even comparing a game developed over two years ago for the Wii and one which was recently released for the Wii U illustrates how well C2 runs.
---