Conduit 2 is boring.

#111CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/6/2013 7:35:37 PM
_Signal posted...

Here is my plan:

Calibration:

For BOPS2 and C2:

Align the LASER with the reticle positioned in the center of the screen. Then very slowly move the reticle to the left, right, top, and bottom edges while adjusting the "sensitivity" so that the LASER and reticle remain aligned at the edges.

Testing:

For BOPS2 and C2:

Move the LASER quickly from one point to another on the screen, simulating target tracking, both stationary and moving, then analyze recorded film footage frame by frame to see how well the reticle stays in synch with the LASER.

C2 only:

Repeat with Motion Plus turned off.

Maybe both games will be about the same. Maybe Motion Plus won't make a difference.

I'm so weary of all the C2/CoD comparisons. First it was MW3 and now it's BOPS2. Perhaps MW3 was a fair comparison, since they both ran on the Wii, but in my opinion, C2 used MW3 to wipe the floor.

BOPS2 is a very playable game. I've said this already. Independent ADS adjustment is also nice. I've said that already too.

The simple fact that we're even comparing a game developed over two years ago for the Wii and one which was recently released for the Wii U illustrates how well C2 runs.

Well isn't that meticulous.

I think you're turning into me.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#112_SignalPosted 4/6/2013 8:28:28 PM
LOL, maybe.

I might need some help analyzing the frame by frame.

And can you think of anything else I should try?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#113CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/6/2013 8:35:25 PM
_Signal posted...
LOL, maybe.

Test the calibration feature of Con2.

I've never liked it, I felt it was inferior to what I was able to make happen just by customizing my sensor bar. However when I was playing on a different TV I tried it, and it felt really good.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#114_SignalPosted 4/6/2013 10:15:36 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...
LOL, maybe.

I've never liked it, I felt it was inferior to what I was able to make happen just by customizing my sensor bar. However when I was playing on a different TV I tried it, and it felt really good.

Yeah. I will definitely test that.

so what did you do to your sensor bar, make the LEDs farther apart? Theoretically that should make it more precise, right?
---
#115like2napPosted 4/6/2013 11:09:35 PM
Just be careful. Last thing I want to see is a post from you saying "Test postponed due to retina damage."
#116CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/6/2013 11:15:38 PM
_Signal posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...
LOL, maybe.

Yeah. I will definitely test that.

so what did you do to your sensor bar, make the LEDs farther apart? Theoretically that should make it more precise, right?

Distance between LEDs tackled the screen size, and the angle at which I sit below the TV helps w/ the aspect ratio.

Here, I'll re-upload this old video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1er9NyFYnBM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/chainmaillekid/Threads/Mods/IMG_3148.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/chainmaillekid/Threads/Mods/IMG_3149.jpg
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#117like2napPosted 4/7/2013 11:26:31 AM
I guess you could say the "feel" is subjective. As it is, I can't get the right feel with C2. The setting are just not there. I also can't get the ADS to feel right. It's impossible. I've tried every setting and the only thing I get that I find tolerable requires turning motion plus off, but getting ADS settings that I can put up with makes my hipfire not ideal.. Specifically going from sprinting or moving to ADS and aiming at targets above or below you. The lack of settings in C2 makes it impossible to do that the way COD does. I don't know how your test could disprove that and I also don't know how anyone could say that C2 is better in that regard. I can get great hipfire settings in C2 and I like it better with motion plus on, but that seems to screw up the ADS even worse. Getting ADS settings that are tolerable screws up my hipfire. ....I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

I know you said it's "nice" to have the different settings, but it's also crucial to make the mechanic work properly.
#118Hawke0Posted 4/7/2013 12:00:28 PM
Camera lock with the Z button makes ADS much more tolerable, but aiming up or down is torture.
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#119_SignalPosted 4/7/2013 2:50:49 PM
like2nap posted...
I guess you could say the "feel" is subjective. As it is, I can't get the right feel with C2. The setting are just not there. I also can't get the ADS to feel right. It's impossible. I've tried every setting and the only thing I get that I find tolerable requires turning motion plus off, but getting ADS settings that I can put up with makes my hipfire not ideal.. Specifically going from sprinting or moving to ADS and aiming at targets above or below you. The lack of settings in C2 makes it impossible to do that the way COD does. I don't know how your test could disprove that and I also don't know how anyone could say that C2 is better in that regard. I can get great hipfire settings in C2 and I like it better with motion plus on, but that seems to screw up the ADS even worse. Getting ADS settings that are tolerable screws up my hipfire. ....I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

I know you said it's "nice" to have the different settings, but it's also crucial to make the mechanic work properly.

I want to see how well the reticle tracks the LASER when the Wiimote is being jerked around rather than moved slowly and smoothly. I want to see for myself what difference Motion Plus makes, if any.

I haven't mentioned this, but I'm also a little curious about the hitmarkers and hitboxes. I think many times I get hitmarkers when I've actually missed the target visually. Perhaps the LASER will be on the target at that time, and the reticle has simply lagged behind.

I don't think C2 is as bad as you do, who knows the reason why.

For me, BOPS2 requires going to ADS for rapid and effective killing. 90% of all my rifle and SMG kills at any range are with ADS. For that matter, my pistol kills are pretty much the same unless I'm using dual wield. I think if I were really used to that style of play, and what I mean by that is that everytime I see a target in BOPS2 I go ADS, that I would also be tempted to rely just as heavily on ADS in C2. That is potentially a big tactical mistake. The Scar's rate of fire is so high in hipfire mode that at midrange confrontations most times it's better to just hipfire.

I'm just a little tired of the C2 bashing so I'm sorry if I came on a little strong. I could understand it a year ago, when there was hope of another patch, but not now. For me, there are a lot of reasons that C2 is more fun than BOPS2, but I wouldn't go to the BOPS2 site and complain about it.

I think that saying that I like both games puts me in the minority, me, Nightfire, KG, and Cmo maybe. For some reason, most of the CoD fans feel that C2 is so vastly inferior, and they have to be super vocal about it.

Some people like Harleys and some people like BMWs. My dad used to say "Some people like chocolate and some people like vanilla."

Besides, I got to buy a LASER that I'll attach to my Wiimote. How cool is that? Bring on the blinding powder!
---
#120like2napPosted 4/7/2013 7:58:37 PM
_Signal posted...

I don't think C2 is as bad as you do, who knows the reason why.

!

I'm picky. I has 3 things that I hate. Lag, glitches, and "bad" controls. Simple as that. Those are pet peeves of mine and that is all. Everything else is irrelevant if those things are not right. I can put up with one of them. Maybe 2 depending on how bad one or the other is, but not all 3. It's funny, talking about it and watching some videos on this board makes me want to play it again, but I know it will piss me off so I don't.

The other 2 things are a smooth framerate and weapon balance. Neither of those is perfect, or all that bad, but it's irrelevant because of the first 3 issues.

Those are my 5 things an online FPS game must have to be "great". This game is lacking in the 3 most important. So I just can't enjoy it. I like tons of things about it. The graphics, the weapons, the campaign, the boss fights. etc, but the online portion has issues that I can't deal with.