Conduit 2 is boring.

#31B05S_BrennanPosted 4/3/2013 5:01:41 PM
like2nap posted...
poor controls

I have BO2 for Wii U, and I find C2's controls better.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#32like2napPosted 4/3/2013 7:07:56 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
like2nap posted...
poor controls

The sheer amount of customization you have with the COD games dwarfs what you have with C2. If you haven't found custom settings that feel better than this game, it's because you simply haven't put in enough effort into it. This control scheme was outdated when the game was released, and that's not an opinion either.
#33B05S_BrennanPosted 4/3/2013 7:20:12 PM
like2nap posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
like2nap posted...
poor controls

The sheer amount of customization you have with the COD games dwarfs what you have with C2. If you haven't found custom settings that feel better than this game, it's because you simply haven't put in enough effort into it. This control scheme was outdated when the game was released, and that's not an opinion either.

Customization is not the only thing that makes controls good. C2's cursor accuracy is a lot better than CoD's for example. IIRC, CoD's control customization is also a lot less accessible. I don't think CoD supports WiiMotion+ either. You could also argue that lock-on and sideways sprinting make controls better.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#34like2napPosted 4/3/2013 8:57:54 PM
Customization is everything. The pointer in COD can be as accurate as C2 if you so choose to make it that way. Wiimotion plus is irrelevant. Lock on doesn't make the controls better. You should have controls so good that lock on is not needed. C2 was outclassed and outdated upon release. It's just a fact.
#35_SignalPosted 4/3/2013 9:30:46 PM
like2nap posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
like2nap posted...
poor controls

Sorry Nap, but Brennan's right on this. I've got BOPS2 for the WiiU also, and no amount of customization of the BOPS2 controls can even begin to approach the fluidity of the controls achieved using the default settings in C2.

Believe me, I've spent plenty of time trying to get the BOPS2 controls more like C2, and this has absolutely nothing to do with Lockon. It's just not possible, well, at least not with the Wiimote. Perhaps if you're playing both with dual analog then you might not notice any difference.

Just because BOPS2 has lots of customization doesn't mean that you can "fix" the physics of the way the characters move. And if any controls are outdated, surely they're the ones in BOPS2, which seem to be virtually identical to MW3. Maybe this is because BOPS2 is a port to for the WiiU and C2 was built to run on the Wii.

You could have the most highly customized Honda ever built, and it'll still be a Honda.

And don't even get me started on Motion Plus,LOL
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#36XG4LegendPosted 4/3/2013 9:42:46 PM
dangalang
---
DANGALANG MAN!!! only I can say it, cause I am.. the Dangalang Man.
#37ReedeemerPosted 4/4/2013 1:49:13 AM
_Signal posted...
You could have the most highly customized Honda ever built, and it'll still be a Honda.

Nailed it.

I remember trying to get CoD:WaW's controls to feel like C2's back when us on the board played both of them, and I got a pretty good feel on it eventually, but in the end it was still CoD :P >>Resets game, ejects, loads up C2.
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#38like2napPosted 4/4/2013 1:49:30 AM
I think you're both crazy. They move differently yes. They're completely different genres. They move different. The field of view is different. That's just different games being different games. It's something you have to adapt to. I'm talking about the accuracy you can achieve with the controls. Being able to get the controls to do exactly what I want them to do and when I want them to do it. C2 just can't achieve it. It's just not possible because it doesn't have enough options. The camera type in this game is a perfect example. You have 3 choices. I don't like anyone of them. In Black Ops 2 the same thing is called ADS reach. You have 40 different settings.

This game puts in ADS for the first time and then gives you no way to customize it. Try to ADS on the run and your cursor goes flying up or down depending on which way you are looking. You have to ADS while aiming right in front of you and then move your remote. That's not fluid. That's called restrictive and it's archaic at this point. Can I adapt? Sure. I know how to avoid the problems, but I shouldn't have to. The problems shouldn't be there to begin with.

And a better car comparison would be like driving a 1990 honda with crank windows and no power locks instead of one with heated leather seats, dual climate control, a sunroof, power locks and windows etc.
#39like2napPosted 4/4/2013 1:53:52 AM
I'll never understand why some people like this game so much. I had such high hopes for it, and it turned out to be so awful. Oh how I hated standing by those control points as they did absolutely nothing.
#401PefrogPosted 4/4/2013 5:33:44 AM
like2nap posted...
I'll never understand why some people like this game so much. I had such high hopes for it, and it turned out to be so awful. Oh how I hated standing by those control points as they did absolutely nothing.

The control points increase your team's overall speed by 25, health regeneration quickness, and damage by 13%.

The ADS awkwardness (slow movement plus inability to turn easy) was most likely set up that way as a balancing feature and for a challenge to more advanced users. HVS could have made the ADS easily maneuverable, but could you imagine how deadly the HVS45 ADS would be. You would just put the red dot on everyone's forehead as you run around the map and SPLAT.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.