Conduit 2 is boring.

#51like2napPosted 4/4/2013 6:04:47 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
OK, I've played with the controls on BO2, and it's not quite as customizable as you say it is. I'm going to make a post that goes in to more detail later.

And don't call us fanboys for having a different opinion. If we're being C2 fanboys, then you're being a bit of a CoD fanboy right now.

Hardly. I won't defend BLOPS 2's flaws. It's just right now it doesn't have any. When it first came out it was horrible. The controls were bad, the lag was bad, and it wasn't balanced. It was at the top of my list for most disappointing game ever. Knocked C2 right out of the top spot. Easily. I will never preorder another FPS game (not just COD. I said FPS game) because of this. It was the first one I preordered and it was horrible when it came out. It wasn't until like the third patch that they got the controls right and it wasn't until the most recent one that they made the game as balanced as it can be. Not that there was a lot left to balance at that point cause they fixed most everything, but now I don't think they need to change anything else. It also didn't have any gamebreaking glitches and what glitches were there are fixed. The game is almost perfect now, but it took like 4 months of patches to get it that way.
#52like2napPosted 4/4/2013 6:08:34 PM
Hawke0 posted...
I remember watching a video of BO1 on Hardened where someone beat the level and only fired twice. Logically, it should work in every game without respawning enemies.

I did like both Conduit campaigns. I hated what they did to Ford in the second one, but the campaign was just addictive. If they improved on that in a C3 game, I would buy it just for the campaign. What they did in the oil rig with the leviathan popping up throughout the level was just awesome.

All the problems C2 had with MP though are pet peeves of mine. Just my personal preference and it just made it to where it wasn't fun.
#53_SignalPosted 4/4/2013 6:32:26 PM
like2nap posted...
I think you're both crazy. They move differently yes. They're completely different genres. They move different. The field of view is different. That's just different games being different games. It's something you have to adapt to. I'm talking about the accuracy you can achieve with the controls. Being able to get the controls to do exactly what I want them to do and when I want them to do it. C2 just can't achieve it. It's just not possible because it doesn't have enough options. The camera type in this game is a perfect example. You have 3 choices. I don't like anyone of them. In Black Ops 2 the same thing is called ADS reach. You have 40 different settings.

This game puts in ADS for the first time and then gives you no way to customize it. Try to ADS on the run and your cursor goes flying up or down depending on which way you are looking. You have to ADS while aiming right in front of you and then move your remote. That's not fluid. That's called restrictive and it's archaic at this point. Can I adapt? Sure. I know how to avoid the problems, but I shouldn't have to. The problems shouldn't be there to begin with.

And a better car comparison would be like driving a 1990 honda with crank windows and no power locks instead of one with heated leather seats, dual climate control, a sunroof, power locks and windows etc.

Um... It's not just the two of us, and we are talking about getting the the avatar to do exactly what we want.

I hate comparisons of the two games because the thread always follows the same trajectory. Some of us like the controls in C2 and dislike the controls in BOPS2. Some guys like BOPS2 better. I get that. What I don't get is the point of complaining about it here. Maybe two years ago you could have hoped for a patch or something, but not now. I mean, are you trying to convince me and Brennan that the controls in BOPS2 are better? You're not going to succeed at that. Even if the "controls" are more precise, the more limited range of motion and clunkier movement overall is too much of a detriment.

I will agree that being able to customize the ADS settings independently in BOPS2 is nice, but it still isn't enough. If you add power locks, heated leather seats, dual climate control, and a sunroof to a Honda... It's still a Honda. That was exactly my earlier point.

Here's pretty much the way a successful encounter in BOPS2 plays out for me:

1. See the enemy.
2. ADS.
3. Shoot as fast as I can.
4. Yay!

That's just the way the game plays for me.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#54like2napPosted 4/4/2013 7:37:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#55_SignalPosted 4/4/2013 7:50:12 PM(edited)
All the control permutations are irrelevant if you can't get it like you like it.

C2 played great "right out of the box."

I played C2 for 18 months without touching any of the customization controls because I simply didn't need to. I only recently made some adjustments because the game seemed to behave a little differently on the Wii U.

Also, regarding the comment about ADS on the run... I've seen what you're talking about, but I really think it only happens with weapons that are scoped. I've ADS-ed hundreds of times with the USP and HVS45 and I've never noticed them do that. Actually, I think each weapon in C2 behaves a bit differently in ADS fire.

While we're on the topic of experience, let's face it, you really wouldn't pull a scope to your eye while you were running anyway. If you did, your view would be flying all over the place, if you could see anything at all because of the exit pupil and eye relief constraints. The next thing that would happen is that you'd trip and cyclops yourself.

I may not have that much gaming experience, but I know what feels natural.

And I can tell you this, if I had my FD with C2 controls in a BOPS2 match, I would be able to wipe out everyone with just my USP.

And please don't think I'm knocking BOPS2. It's a great game.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#56like2napPosted 4/4/2013 8:19:33 PM
I'm not complaining. I stated my opinion and someone wanted to argue it. Only there is no argument. I don't know what you're talking about when you say the controls are clunky. They are different. It is trying to simulate a soldier in combat. Not a cyborg or an alien. That's something you have to adapt to. Any good gamer should be able to do so.

My point still stands. If you haven't found control settings better it's because you haven't tried hard enough. There are 4 different veritcal and horizontal movement speeds in BLOPS 2. Each with 40 different settings. Do the math on that. Then factor in that there are 40 different ADS reach settings just for those 4 sets of 40 speed settings. Now factor in all the other settings and you get the idea. The controls are more precise, smoother, and I'm not telling you how many settings that is because I want you to add it up and see for yourself, but it's a lot. Now are you gonna tell me you tried them all? Of course you haven't. Not even close. You can find better controls than what you have in C2. You just haven't put in the effort to do it.
And seriously. Do the math on just those settings. The number of different combinations. And then keep in mind how many other different settings there are.

Now getting the avatar to do what you want factors in other things. That goes back to different genres and adapting and whatever. But if you can't get the aiming to do what you want it's because you just haven't tried hard enough.
#57CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/4/2013 8:55:47 PM
like2nap posted...
if you can't get the aiming to do what you want it's because you just haven't tried hard enough.

I think this goes for you as well.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#58like2napPosted 4/4/2013 9:00:53 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
like2nap posted...
if you can't get the aiming to do what you want it's because you just haven't tried hard enough.

No it doesn't. It's not possible to get it to do what I want because the options are not there. It's just impossible. They on the other hand haven't tried hard enough and that's a fact.
#59CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/4/2013 9:15:38 PM
like2nap posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
like2nap posted...

No it doesn't. It's not possible to get it to do what I want because the options are not there. It's just impossible. They on the other hand haven't tried hard enough and that's a fact.

If you try hard enough, you'll find a way to get what you want with the options you have.

What if I wanted in BLOPs the exact feel of what I get now? The options are different, so according to your second sentence, it would then be impossible to have what I like.
This obviously conflicts with your final statement.

So I repeat.
If you haven't found what you want, it'd because you haven't tried hard enough.
My setup does for me exactly what you claim to want.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#60Hawke0Posted 4/4/2013 9:22:16 PM
like2nap posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
OK, I've played with the controls on BO2, and it's not quite as customizable as you say it is. I'm going to make a post that goes in to more detail later.

And don't call us fanboys for having a different opinion. If we're being C2 fanboys, then you're being a bit of a CoD fanboy right now.

Hardly. I won't defend BLOPS 2's flaws. It's just right now it doesn't have any. When it first came out it was horrible. The controls were bad, the lag was bad, and it wasn't balanced. It was at the top of my list for most disappointing game ever. Knocked C2 right out of the top spot. Easily. I will never preorder another FPS game (not just COD. I said FPS game) because of this. It was the first one I preordered and it was horrible when it came out. It wasn't until like the third patch that they got the controls right and it wasn't until the most recent one that they made the game as balanced as it can be. Not that there was a lot left to balance at that point cause they fixed most everything, but now I don't think they need to change anything else. It also didn't have any gamebreaking glitches and what glitches were there are fixed. The game is almost perfect now, but it took like 4 months of patches to get it that way.

Say that on the BO2 board, and you'll be laughed right off the board.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter