Conduit 2 is boring.

#61_SignalPosted 4/4/2013 9:34:23 PM
like2nap posted...
I'm not complaining. I stated my opinion and someone wanted to argue it. Only there is no argument. I don't know what you're talking about when you say the controls are clunky. They are different. It is trying to simulate a soldier in combat. Not a cyborg or an alien. That's something you have to adapt to. Any good gamer should be able to do so.

My point still stands. If you haven't found control settings better it's because you haven't tried hard enough. There are 4 different veritcal and horizontal movement speeds in BLOPS 2. Each with 40 different settings. Do the math on that. Then factor in that there are 40 different ADS reach settings just for those 4 sets of 40 speed settings. Now factor in all the other settings and you get the idea. The controls are more precise, smoother, and I'm not telling you how many settings that is because I want you to add it up and see for yourself, but it's a lot. Now are you gonna tell me you tried them all? Of course you haven't. Not even close. You can find better controls than what you have in C2. You just haven't put in the effort to do it.
And seriously. Do the math on just those settings. The number of different combinations. And then keep in mind how many other different settings there are.

Now getting the avatar to do what you want factors in other things. That goes back to different genres and adapting and whatever. But if you can't get the aiming to do what you want it's because you just haven't tried hard enough.

I'm very familiar with all the adjustments that can be made in BOPS2, and I'm moderately happy with my settings for that game. I have played with them extensively and I don't think I'm gonna get them any better. I can adapt to that game. I've logged lots of hours on it, but the movement is just not as fluid as C2. It's not as smooth.

Of course I haven't tired all the settings. I started with broad adjustments to determine the limits of controllability. When I determined a setting which was too sensitive, I didn't try any of the settings which were more sensitive that that. What would be the point of trying those?

I really don't understand why we're arguing about something that is, in reality, entirely subjective. And yes, it is subjective. I don't feel like arguing about it anymore.

There are lots of things I like about BOPS2. It's a beautiful, smooth running game with awesome multiplayer maps. I never said that I didn't like it, couldn't adapt to it, or that it was flawed. I only said that I think that C2's controls are more fluid.

Also, don't discount the contribution of Wii Motion Plus. For a nice technical article on what exactly Motion Plus is and the kind of additional data it provides take a look at this:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/08/wii-motion-sensor/

From what I've read, I don't think that BOPS2 supports Wii Motion Plus, which is a shame if you understand how elegant and sophisticated it is. Without utilizing the more precise movement data that Motion Plus can provide, optimizing all those adjustments that you're talking about is really like trying to tune a radio station with the aerial collapsed.

As a matter of fact, since you've stated things so strongly about me not trying hard enough to get a setting that is better than C2, I would like to point out that it's absolutely impossible for a game that doesn't utilize Motion Plus to collect WiiMote data that is as accurate as a game which does. It's like comparing a TIFF that is later saved as a JPEG. There's just not as much data. End of story right there.

I don't wanna argue about it anymore. I'm not trying to convince you, C2 is better, I just didn't like the way you spoke in absolutes about a topic as intangible as "how the controls feel."

Sorry.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#62boxdude123Posted 4/4/2013 10:05:50 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Truth, sadly...

You're boring :/
---
Official co-leader of KIL (KIL_Ford)
Members Join the forum http://w11.zetaboards.com/kil
#63like2napPosted 4/4/2013 10:51:52 PM
Hawke0 posted...
like2nap posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
OK, I've played with the controls on BO2, and it's not quite as customizable as you say it is. I'm going to make a post that goes in to more detail later.

And don't call us fanboys for having a different opinion. If we're being C2 fanboys, then you're being a bit of a CoD fanboy right now.

Hardly. I won't defend BLOPS 2's flaws. It's just right now it doesn't have any. When it first came out it was horrible. The controls were bad, the lag was bad, and it wasn't balanced. It was at the top of my list for most disappointing game ever. Knocked C2 right out of the top spot. Easily. I will never preorder another FPS game (not just COD. I said FPS game) because of this. It was the first one I preordered and it was horrible when it came out. It wasn't until like the third patch that they got the controls right and it wasn't until the most recent one that they made the game as balanced as it can be. Not that there was a lot left to balance at that point cause they fixed most everything, but now I don't think they need to change anything else. It also didn't have any gamebreaking glitches and what glitches were there are fixed. The game is almost perfect now, but it took like 4 months of patches to get it that way.

Say that on the BO2 board, and you'll be laughed right off the board.

Every current COD game is the worst game ever to "COD fans". I never understand that. When the next COD game comes out, they'll hate it, and talk about how great Black Ops 2 is.
#64like2napPosted 4/4/2013 11:07:28 PM
Wii motion plus doesn't add missing settings nor does it make up for them. That's the end of the story.
#65ChariloePosted 4/4/2013 11:13:28 PM
like2nap posted...
Hawke0 posted...
ADS is poor, but it's not broken. It's entirely usable. I don't deny Conduit 2's faults, but it's much better than CoD.

That's all about opinion. To me its not even considered a good game. It falls short on everything that I think makes a good FPS games. It's glitchy, it has balance issues, lag issues, connection issues, and poor controls. No amount of cool weapons can make those things better so I just don't like it.

Honestly, I agree with you about nearly everything EXCEPT the controls. They were actually pretty good since you could completely customize them. Now the reticules, on the other hand, were terrible for guns that required precision. Especially since they bloom whenever you move. TCon shines in that aspect since the shots go where you want them to go. C2's just didn't seem to fit for the type of game that it was (a high HP sci-fi FPS) where it works for CoD since it's low HP and ADS dependent. Of course, this is just my opinion.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
#66ChariloePosted 4/4/2013 11:18:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#67like2napPosted 4/5/2013 1:27:52 AM
Chariloe posted...
like2nap posted...
Hawke0 posted...
ADS is poor, but it's not broken. It's entirely usable. I don't deny Conduit 2's faults, but it's much better than CoD.

That's all about opinion. To me its not even considered a good game. It falls short on everything that I think makes a good FPS games. It's glitchy, it has balance issues, lag issues, connection issues, and poor controls. No amount of cool weapons can make those things better so I just don't like it.

Honestly, I agree with you about nearly everything EXCEPT the controls. They were actually pretty good since you could completely customize them. Now the reticules, on the other hand, were terrible for guns that required precision. Especially since they bloom whenever you move. TCon shines in that aspect since the shots go where you want them to go. C2's just didn't seem to fit for the type of game that it was (a high HP sci-fi FPS) where it works for CoD since it's low HP and ADS dependent. Of course, this is just my opinion.

The lack of customization is the reason I don't like them. The hipfire is very smooth, but it just doesn't make up for the lack of options. And I'm not even talking about ADS. Honestly I thought it was a step up from the hipfire in Black Ops. Now that game did feel clunky when you went from sprinting to aiming. C2 didn't. MW3 improved that. Black Ops 2 even more so....eventually. The controls were horrible when the game came out. Took like 3 patches to get it right. I am so never preordering another online FPS game. I never did before. I did it for Black Ops 2 just to do something different. No other reason. Simply to try something different even if it was something so small. . I won't do it again.
#68CheslukPosted 4/5/2013 2:34:56 AM
like2nap posted...
if you can't get the aiming to do what you want it's because you just haven't tried hard enough.

I think this goes for you as well.

I'm sorry, but when 90% of the time ADSing causes my aim to jerk like someone just took a shillelagh to my dominant elbow, you can't justify by saying I "haven't tried hard enough", it's just blatant that it's a poorly implemented feature.
---
"You're just jealous of my tacticalness." -XboxAhoy
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg
#69like2napPosted 4/5/2013 3:01:51 AM
Chesluk posted...
like2nap posted...
if you can't get the aiming to do what you want it's because you just haven't tried hard enough.

I think this goes for you as well.

I'm sorry, but when 90% of the time ADSing causes my aim to jerk like someone just took a shillelagh to my dominant elbow, you can't justify by saying I "haven't tried hard enough", it's just blatant that it's a poorly implemented feature.

If you're talking about BLOPS 2 It won't jerk at all unless you have aim assist on. Then it will snap to center of mass if you are on target. Other than that it doesn't jump. Ever. Unless you make it do so. If you have high sensitivities it will appear to skip around. In reality though you're making it do that. It's just picking up every slight movement of your hand. Now if you're talking prepatch then yes it did jump, and twitch, and not respond, and well, it just didn't work. It was a broken mess until like the third patch I think it was.
#70CheslukPosted 4/5/2013 3:04:28 AM
If you're talking about BLOPS 2 It won't jerk at all unless you have aim assist on.

Referring to C2. Never once had an issue with my controls in any of the CoD games.
---
"Then maybe you are just have dodging them." -B05S_Brennan
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg