Explosive Focus SPAS

#11--Hope--Posted 3/31/2013 7:25:51 AM
Nice match last night memo-77. ( crash site: memo-77, Hope*, Dark^Star, Beast24 VS XG4Legend, Taurus, Ventus) It was a good match. Towards the end of the match everyone went down to the bottom of the stairs and it was a crazy pistol/melee battle. Lol.

Oh side-note: Anyone know DE@D$OLE's profile name on gamefaqs?? He is the energy/energy dude with TPC's and a trust soldier as an avatar.....
Anyone???
---
"In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs man's torments." ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Hope* FC: 4170-3637-3845
#121PefrogPosted 3/31/2013 7:33:33 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
1Pefrog posted...
Yeah I don't like that. I use SPAS and Dark star and it should be even against SPAS EF, but it is not. It's more even against SPAS double ballistics.

I don't think double ballistics affects the SPAS. At least, I have never noticed it.

It should be 129 damage instead of 102. OHKO on small armor and big armor separate and almost OHKO on both armors together. Plus you could have more damage from the far shots.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#13B05S_BrennanPosted 3/31/2013 9:06:49 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
No. I can see how EF itself may be considered OP, but I don't think it does anything better with the SPAS.

Because spas vs spas.

I don't think a gun-perk combo becomes OP because the same gun doesn't do well against it without the same perk.

It could be the Taco shooter, and you still wouldn't think it was OP.

Well, I don't think it's a very good way to judge the SPAS & EF combo. You could use the same argument for any EF-weapon combo that's also affected by EF.

Because TPC vs. TPC
Because Shrieker vs. Shrieker
Because Warp Pistol vs. Warp Pistol

I can understand why some people find EF itself OP, but this topic is about the EF & SPAS combo, not just EF.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#14Hawke0Posted 3/31/2013 9:24:16 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
No. I can see how EF itself may be considered OP, but I don't think it does anything better with the SPAS.

Because the SPAS's worst enemy is another SPAS.

The only thing that can defeat a Metal Gear is another Metal Gear.

Wait, wrong game.
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#15GalaskyPosted 3/31/2013 12:34:31 PM
Only use it in a SMAW match.
---
SHADQW - C2 FC: 0862-7209-1729
[D-S]*SHADQW FC: 4642-5304-9131
#16DerppopotamusPosted 3/31/2013 1:34:45 PM
Uhm, I have something to say but I really don't want to get sucked up in this argument. It seems nobody has pointed it out yet, so I guess I'll be the one who says it :c

Conduit 2's sprinting only allows for going forward and sideways, so it gravitates most gunfights to close range. EF provides defense against most Close Range weapons (SPAS, Hive Cannon, Warp Pistol.) If an EF + SPAS player gets into close-ish range, most the time the target will not be able to win since the EF SPAS dominates close range. You might say "Don't let them get close." but due to radar and sprinting forcing most gunfights to be up close and personal, that's usually not an option.
---
I'm Derpitimus. I forgot my password, and got locked out of my account.
#17B05S_BrennanPosted 3/31/2013 2:09:35 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
Conduit 2's sprinting only allows for going forward and sideways, so it gravitates most gunfights to close range. EF provides defense against most Close Range weapons (SPAS, Hive Cannon, Warp Pistol.) If an EF + SPAS player gets into close-ish range, most the time the target will not be able to win since the EF SPAS dominates close range. You might say "Don't let them get close." but due to radar and sprinting forcing most gunfights to be up close and personal, that's usually not an option.

But this would apply to all weapons that do well in close range with EF. Especially SCAR, MP5KA4, USP45 and Carby. And they can take on the long range explosives too.

I still don't see a reason why the SPAS does better with EF than other popular weapons.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#18DerppopotamusPosted 3/31/2013 3:16:01 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Derppopotamus posted...

But this would apply to all weapons that do well in close range with EF. Especially SCAR, MP5KA4, USP45 and Carby. And they can take on the long range explosives too.

I still don't see a reason why the SPAS does better with EF than other popular weapons.

I dunno man, it kinda feels like you're lying to me and you know it. You can't exactly force guys into close range with a Carby, nor would the MP5K be considered OP with any perk you give it.
---
I'm Derpitimus. I forgot my password, and got locked out of my account.
#19CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/31/2013 3:25:56 PM(edited)
B05S_Brennan posted...
Derppopotamus posted...

Mid range weapons much?

Besides, the spas is unique in being able kill extremely quickly in close range w/o any perks.

All the rest, except the Carbonizer, are going to depend on a primary perk to make them effective in CC.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#20B05S_BrennanPosted 3/31/2013 4:26:58 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
I dunno man, it kinda feels like you're lying to me and you know it.

Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean I'm lying.

You can't exactly force guys into close range with a Carby, nor would the MP5K be considered OP with any perk you give it.

I didn't say any of them were OP, I was saying I think they get just as much benefit from EF as the SPAS.
---