Explosive focus perspective

#11PefrogPosted 4/13/2013 2:32:21 PM
Protects against primaries: SMAW, Hive Cannon, TPC, SPAS, Shrieker

Doesn't protect against primaries: dark star, strike rifle, SCAR, carbonizer, phase rifle, aegis devise, widowmaker turret, ar-c eclipse

Protects against secondaries: HVS45, warp pistol, deatomizer

Doesn't protect against secondaries: usp45, mp5

Protects against other: frag grenades

Doesn/t protect against other:: melee, radiation grenades, flash grenades

For primaries it protects 5/13
For secondaries it protects 3/5
For others it protects 1/4
Total of 9/22 weapons

Yeah I am bored. In conclusion, explosive focus protects only 9/22 possible weapons it seems not that overpowered. However, the weapons that it protects against are popular weapon choices. Hardly anyone uses the dark star, strike rifle, aegis device and mp5. Flash grenades do no damage. So really, explosive focus protects against 9/17 weapons.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#2_SignalPosted 4/13/2013 3:50:06 PM
All good points.

I've almost reached the conclusion that it's a must- have in pubs.

Unfortunately Chain uses the SR.

Question: When two EF users face each other, it cancels out, right?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#31Pefrog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 4:02:40 PM
_Signal posted...
All good points.

I've almost reached the conclusion that it's a must- have in pubs.

Unfortunately Chain uses the SR.

Question: When two EF users face each other, it cancels out, right?

Yeah, but if one person is using weapons that are effected by EF and the other is not then the advantage should go to the person with the unaffected weapons.
---
#4Symphonia46Posted 4/13/2013 5:19:55 PM
In other words; keep an Explosive Focus loadout on hand.
---
"Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?" -Phoenix Wright
http://i.imgur.com/9UUJ0.jpg
#5stardust121Posted 4/13/2013 5:23:01 PM
Semi off topic, but i dunno. The mp5 honestly seems like a pretty decent option. Sure there's less power than the usp, but it's bloom or whatever isn't that bad, and aiming doesn't really matter much. Plus, it's pretty fun.

Anyway, yup. Explosive focus is a bit of a pain, but it really is helpful when weapons like the smaw are a thing.
---
Conduit 2: 0862-8647-6484(Ricky)
- - - (Taurus)
#61Pefrog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 7:57:28 PM
stardust121 posted...
Semi off topic, but i dunno. The mp5 honestly seems like a pretty decent option. Sure there's less power than the usp, but it's bloom or whatever isn't that bad, and aiming doesn't really matter much. Plus, it's pretty fun.

Anyway, yup. Explosive focus is a bit of a pain, but it really is helpful when weapons like the smaw are a thing.

I like the mp5, but I have been using the hive cannon because even when I miss the target I still get some damage and there is really no reloading while in the fight.
---
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/14/2013 10:44:52 AM
You're forgetting the whole other half of EF.

Its an Explosive users offensive perk remember. just like ballistics focus is an offensive perk for ballistics guns, and energy focus is an offensive perk for energy weapons.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656