C2 multiplayer so much better than AC3.

#1_SignalPosted 4/15/2013 10:56:33 PM
There I said it. C2's multiplayer runs much more smoothly than AC3's.

After a week of wrangling with pretty much every internet setting imaginable on both the WiiU and my router, nothing will make it connect to my friends that are online at the same time.

Unbelievable that a $60 game has flaws that prevent it from connecting players in matchmaking.

I've gotten into a few games and they are really fun, but for the hour or so that I've played, I spent 5 hours trying to get into the match.

We're so lucky that C2 runs smoothly. It's pretty much a game killer.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#2Hawke0Posted 4/16/2013 6:29:45 AM
That's even worse than the time for The Conduit.
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#3_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 8:13:27 AM
I haven't played TCon very much, but based on the fact that the few times that I did play TCon, I had no trouble joining private matches, I'd have to say TCon was way better.

So far it's almost impossible to even get a private match going.

It's sad really, because they clearly put a lot of thought into the multiplayer game. There are several modes, lots of characters, lots of customization, a leaderboard, and the limited gameplay that I've managed to get in is pretty fun. It's just too bad that the thing can't seem to ever connect two people to the server at the same time.
---
#4CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/16/2013 10:07:16 AM
Was it the infamous 84620 error?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 8:02:13 PM
Hmm...

I don't think so. Does the WiiU report it like that?

What happens is that it will locate a match that is happening, and put me in the lobby. All the pre-match stuff happens and I can see all the other players and their profiles.

Then suddenly I either get the message that "The Game Session is no longer available," or "You have been disconnected from the host."

I see the "Game Session no longer available" all the time when trying to setup private matches with people that I know are online.

We really don't have much to complain about in C2. AC3 has made me want to throw my tablet at the TV a few times, and not because I'm playing badly, LOL.
---
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/16/2013 9:30:38 PM
_Signal posted...
Hmm...

I don't think so. Does the WiiU report it like that?

What happens is that it will locate a match that is happening, and put me in the lobby. All the pre-match stuff happens and I can see all the other players and their profiles.

Then suddenly I either get the message that "The Game Session is no longer available," or "You have been disconnected from the host."

I see the "Game Session no longer available" all the time when trying to setup private matches with people that I know are online.

We really don't have much to complain about in C2. AC3 has made me want to throw my tablet at the TV a few times, and not because I'm playing badly, LOL.

84620 is a general nintendo network error.

DS, 3DS, wii, and supposedly wii U all get it.

It usually is caused by a router firewall, but its super common because it only takes 1 person with the problem to give a whole lot of people the error.

it used to be really really common, but slowly these people have realized the problem, and fixed it.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656