phase rifle vs. hvs45

#11PefrogPosted 4/18/2013 7:29:29 PM
I want the hvs45 to win so ... what load outs? what movements? what distance? Is it just about aim? I've watched some of us beat some good phase riflers with the hvs45 so I know there are strategies out there.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#2eventhorizonsPosted 4/18/2013 7:41:55 PM
Try this:

Any main
hvs45
double armor
more ammo

Make sure they don't hit you in the head.
#3Loremas1861Posted 4/18/2013 8:10:41 PM
eventhorizons posted...
Try this:

Any main
hvs45
double armor
more ammo

Make sure they don't hit you in the head.

Welcome to the boards!
---
Those who mind don't matter.
Those who matter don't mind.
#4ThePhaseRifleTVPosted 4/18/2013 9:00:03 PM
1Pefrog posted...
I want the hvs45 to win so ... what load outs? what movements? what distance? Is it just about aim? I've watched some of us beat some good phase riflers with the hvs45 so I know there are strategies out there.

The HVS45 is starting to piss me of a bit. More and more people are using it. Dark star must hav efound that it's kinda my weakness if your really fast with it. But how do you guys use it so fast?!
#5Memo-77Posted 4/18/2013 9:47:49 PM
I just can't handle vs HVS, if you add Stealth to it then it's a lil' hard to counter, at least to me...an accurated PR or HVS user would be difficult to beat, dark*star is improving a lot his HVS shot.
Strategy? Mannnn...that's not my best, as someone here said: "shoot til' it's dead"
---
Memo77 FC: 2624-2302-9965 Let's play again... x.x ...again... x.x ...ok, forget it...
#61Pefrog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 5:44:46 AM
ThePhaseRifleTV posted...
1Pefrog posted...

The HVS45 is starting to piss me of a bit. More and more people are using it. Dark star must hav efound that it's kinda my weakness if your really fast with it. But how do you guys use it so fast?!

It just has a quick ADS. The only problem is that the HVS45 is aiming for the head and a phase rifle is aiming for anywhere. If only you could upgrade to a two shot kill like the strike rifle.
---
#7DivideByAERPosted 4/19/2013 6:59:42 AM
1Pefrog posted...
1Pefrog posted...

It just has a quick ADS. The only problem is that the HVS45 is aiming for the head and a phase rifle is aiming for anywhere. If only you could upgrade to a two shot kill like the strike rifle.

I suggest using this loadout for you:
Dark Star
Strike Rifle
Radiation grenades
Armory
Stabilizer
Quickness/Blinding Powder
Improved energy/Light armor
---
y = x / (A)(E)(R)
#8CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/19/2013 2:45:50 PM
Two strategies:

Take it like a man.
Set yourself up to survive a PR shot, exploit the moment they must stop in order to pull the trigger.

Mobility.
HVS has a mobility advantage over every other sniper. Use it.
This strategy REQUIRES you to get the shot off first, don't stick around to make sure its a headshot, just make sure you shoot first, then run.
This works best with ammo salvage, but its still usable w/o it.

Best range is moderate long range and farther, until the point where you begin to lose visibility.
Farther is usually better IME, at certain ranges it seems lining up a body shot from the PR takes almost no additional time. and that poses a greater risk to you.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#91Pefrog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:06:32 PM
DivideByAER posted...
1Pefrog posted...
1Pefrog posted...

I suggest using this loadout for you:
Dark Star
Strike Rifle
Radiation grenades
Armory
Stabilizer
Quickness/Blinding Powder
Improved energy/Light armor

I have tried this loadout a lot. I love using it except against good players. The mobility sucks and they just shoot you quickly.
---
#101Pefrog(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:16:20 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Two strategies:

Take it like a man.
Set yourself up to survive a PR shot, exploit the moment they must stop in order to pull the trigger.

Mobility.
HVS has a mobility advantage over every other sniper. Use it.
This strategy REQUIRES you to get the shot off first, don't stick around to make sure its a headshot, just make sure you shoot first, then run.
This works best with ammo salvage, but its still usable w/o it.

Best range is moderate long range and farther, until the point where you begin to lose visibility.
Farther is usually better IME, at certain ranges it seems lining up a body shot from the PR takes almost no additional time. and that poses a greater risk to you.

I was hoping you would chime in. I will give it a try. I know you use helmet, but I would prefer extra ammo.
---