phase rifle vs. hvs45

#11CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/19/2013 8:50:15 PM
1Pefrog posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Two strategies:

Take it like a man.
Set yourself up to survive a PR shot, exploit the moment they must stop in order to pull the trigger.

Mobility.
HVS has a mobility advantage over every other sniper. Use it.
This strategy REQUIRES you to get the shot off first, don't stick around to make sure its a headshot, just make sure you shoot first, then run.
This works best with ammo salvage, but its still usable w/o it.

Best range is moderate long range and farther, until the point where you begin to lose visibility.
Farther is usually better IME, at certain ranges it seems lining up a body shot from the PR takes almost no additional time. and that poses a greater risk to you.

I was hoping you would chime in. I will give it a try. I know you use helmet, but I would prefer extra ammo.

Helmet is not necessary I think.

The same people who are knowing how to counter with headshots, are the same people who know to use improved ballistics, which... Makes helmet useless.

Its more for countering SR users and other HVS user, and mediocre everyday PR users.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#12_SignalPosted 4/20/2013 11:36:58 AM
1Pefrog posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Two strategies:

Take it like a man.
Set yourself up to survive a PR shot, exploit the moment they must stop in order to pull the trigger.

Mobility.
HVS has a mobility advantage over every other sniper. Use it.
This strategy REQUIRES you to get the shot off first, don't stick around to make sure its a headshot, just make sure you shoot first, then run.
This works best with ammo salvage, but its still usable w/o it.

Best range is moderate long range and farther, until the point where you begin to lose visibility.
Farther is usually better IME, at certain ranges it seems lining up a body shot from the PR takes almost no additional time. and that poses a greater risk to you.

I was hoping you would chime in. I will give it a try. I know you use helmet, but I would prefer extra ammo.

I also don't think helmet is necessary to survive a body shot. I had a number of single PR hits on you last night and the night before and you didn't go down. I don't think I noticed helmet in your loadout, but sometimes I don't pay that much attention beyond EF in the opponents loadout, LOL.

It's always a surprise to hit someone and not have them go down. Then I'm kind of a sitting duck and if I don't react quickly and switch to USP and get moving, I'm toast.

Then I realize that I need a headshot and adjust a bit.

Oh yeah, best headshot is when they're in the air. Have I mentioned that before?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226