If Conduit 3 is released on Wii U.....HVS might dominate FPS on Wii U's market..

#11_SignalPosted 4/25/2013 8:35:50 PM
Listen games,

The WiiU market is wide open right now and really ripe for a good game, especially since BOPS2 has already started to lose it's shine.

While other developers seem to be shunning the WiiU console, HVS is the perfect developer to embrace it. C2 was by far the best FPS on the Wii. The fact that people are still playing it is a testament to that. Lots of the people here also have WiiU's, myself included, so it's not like I don't have other games to play.

Go back and have a look at the poll I made about whether or not people would continue playing C2 after they got a Wii U. About half of them said yes. That's significant.

I totally agree with the TC here. There are so few games for the Wii U, and with the Aliens game getting dropped...well, there is a niche that HVS could fill.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#12games1256Posted 4/26/2013 3:16:52 AM(edited)
_Signal posted...
Listen games,

The WiiU market is wide open right now and really ripe for a good game, especially since BOPS2 has already started to lose it's shine.

While other developers seem to be shunning the WiiU console, HVS is the perfect developer to embrace it. C2 was by far the best FPS on the Wii. The fact that people are still playing it is a testament to that. Lots of the people here also have WiiU's, myself included, so it's not like I don't have other games to play.

Go back and have a look at the poll I made about whether or not people would continue playing C2 after they got a Wii U. About half of them said yes. That's significant.

I totally agree with the TC here. There are so few games for the Wii U, and with the Aliens game getting dropped...well, there is a niche that HVS could fill.

Black ops 2 may have lost its shine to some but plenty of people keep on playing it. Conduit 2 is only two years old so of course people are still playing it. It's not really significant asking a loyal fan base of the game if they will keep on playing Conduit 2 after buying a Wii U.
After Conduit 2 there is not a lot of trust of HVS other then from the loyal but small fan base. So that results in not enough reward for the risk HVS would have to take.
There are lots of people who own more then one system this late into the lifespan of Xbox 360 and ps3 so they are not limited by the lack of different shooters to play just on Wii U so that takes away from the niche HVS has.
#13HungoverHero777Posted 4/26/2013 4:19:00 AM
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
Listen games,

Black ops 2 may have lost its shine to some but plenty of people keep on playing it. Conduit 2 is only two years old so of course people are still playing it. It's not really significant asking a loyal fan base of the game if they will keep on playing Conduit 2 after buying a Wii U.
After Conduit 2 there is not a lot of trust of HVS other then from the loyal but small fan base. So that results in not enough reward for the risk HVS would have to take.
There are lots of people who own more then one system this late into the lifespan of Xbox 360 and ps3 so they are not limited by the lack of different shooters to play just on Wii U so that takes away from the niche HVS has.

Are you seriously saying plenty of people are playing BLOPS 2 on Wii U?
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#14_SignalPosted 4/26/2013 5:02:00 AM
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
Listen games,

You've simply got stop spouting all the "no trust in HVS" rhetoric. There's absolutely no data to back up the claim, and it just isn't true.

Two years is a pretty long time for people to keep playing a Wii game. Do you have a Wii game that you've been playing for two years? No one in my family regularly plays any Wii game that's 2 years old.

It doesn't matter if people own multiple systems. What matters, well, what matters to me at least, are the controls, the gameplay, and the fun factor. I don't own any other consoles, but I've played a few games with the PS3 move controller, and moving my character around felt like trying to drive a U-Haul truck with a manual transmission. For some reason, developers for the so-called more powerful systems seem to think that more complicated is always better. That's a false assumption. I've always thought that the Wiimote/nunchuck was the absolutely perfect combination of control. There aren't too many buttons to deal with. If I want to push buttons, I'll play a game on my PC, or type 7734 on my calculator, turn it upside down, then giggle.

I've been considering buying another console, but it absolutely would not be for an FPS game. It just doesn't make any sense. If I'm going to shoot at something, I want to point at it, not wiggle my thumbs around. That's totally silly to me. No offense to anyone who likes playing FPS with DA, but it's just not for me.

Anyway, you're off-topic. It says "If."

Some of the WiiU games are already practically dead online, like AC3, so I think HVS could dominate the WiiU market.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#15TheOmegaShenPosted 4/26/2013 6:05:00 AM
_Signal posted...
Listen games,

We may have enjoyed it the most , but that doesn't mean the majority of Wii owners did. From what I recall, Conduit 2 was considered mediocre by the majority.
---
Believe in me who believes in you!
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#16games1256Posted 4/26/2013 6:38:32 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
Listen games,

Are you seriously saying plenty of people are playing BLOPS 2 on Wii U?

There is a decent number of people playing Black Ops 2 on WII U. Over all count of people playing black ops 2 is a lot. Plenty of people own more then just a WII U and play black ops 2 on another system.
#17games1256Posted 4/26/2013 6:59:39 AM(edited)
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
Listen games,

You've simply got stop spouting all the "no trust in HVS" rhetoric. There's absolutely no data to back up the claim, and it just isn't true.

Two years is a pretty long time for people to keep playing a Wii game. Do you have a Wii game that you've been playing for two years? No one in my family regularly plays any Wii game that's 2 years old.

It doesn't matter if people own multiple systems. What matters, well, what matters to me at least, are the controls, the gameplay, and the fun factor. I don't own any other consoles, but I've played a few games with the PS3 move controller, and moving my character around felt like trying to drive a U-Haul truck with a manual transmission. For some reason, developers for the so-called more powerful systems seem to think that more complicated is always better. That's a false assumption. I've always thought that the Wiimote/nunchuck was the absolutely perfect combination of control. There aren't too many buttons to deal with. If I want to push buttons, I'll play a game on my PC, or type 7734 on my calculator, turn it upside down, then giggle.

I've been considering buying another console, but it absolutely would not be for an FPS game. It just doesn't make any sense. If I'm going to shoot at something, I want to point at it, not wiggle my thumbs around. That's totally silly to me. No offense to anyone who likes playing FPS with DA, but it's just not for me.

Some of the WiiU games are already practically dead online, like AC3, so I think HVS could dominate the WiiU market.

This small fan base may have forgiven HVS for all their faults but the general gaming population does not really care for HVS. The general gaming population will just buy a more known game that is more popular. Any of the main Nintendo games I still play after two years such as Mario Kart, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario party 8.
#18HungoverHero777Posted 4/26/2013 6:47:52 AM
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
Listen games,

This small fan base may have forgiven HVS for all their faults but the general gaming population does not really care for HVS. The general gaming population will just buy a more known game that is more popular.

Well, what better way for a franchise to become popular than by releasing more games?
---
#19games1256Posted 4/26/2013 6:57:03 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
Listen games,

This small fan base may have forgiven HVS for all their faults but the general gaming population does not really care for HVS. The general gaming population will just buy a more known game that is more popular.

Well, what better way for a franchise to become popular than by releasing more games?

It does not work like that. The games have to be popular to get sequels.
#20HungoverHero777Posted 4/26/2013 7:15:23 AM
games1256 posted...

It does not work like that. The games have to be popular to get sequels.

Then we have a paradox, don't we?
---