If Conduit 3 is released on Wii U.....HVS might dominate FPS on Wii U's market..

#41like2napPosted 5/2/2013 6:05:16 PM
_Signal posted...
Any gaming forum or board represents the minority of gamers.

Most people don't follow forums, it's just us weirdos.

I recently read that the average gamer is 35 years old. A 35 year-old isn't going to base a game purchase on an internet review, Gameinformer, or anything other than whether or not they have a desire to play the game.

I agree with Mike.

Here is my criteria for buying an FPS:

1. Does it have multiplayer?
2. Does it support the Wiimote and motion plus?

That's it.

Just those two things.

If the answer to either of those two questions is no, I probably won't be buying it.

If the answer to both those questions is yes, I probably will be buying it.

Oh I how I wish those two things were all I needed to be happy with an FPS game.... :( I'm so needy.
#42Hawke0Posted 5/2/2013 6:16:50 PM
Just give me plenty of targets and have everything function more or less how it should, and I'll be somewhat happy at worst.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#43_SignalPosted 5/2/2013 6:43:42 PM
games1256 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
There is plenty of hate for HVS on Nintendolife and many other Nintendo boards.

Prove it please :3

Here is one plenty of hate of course some praise because of being before Conduit 2 and it is a Nintendo fan site.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/high_voltage_softwarei_dont_get_it

some more hate and not caring about HVS.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/whatever-happened-to-high-voltage-software.452690766/

Thanks games.

If you read the posts carefully, and remove Baconator's repeated bashing, this is how the posts in the first link break down:

27 positive comments about HVS
17 negative comments
10 neutral comments including one guy who'd never heard of HVS

The other link is pretty much the same, largely positive about HVS and most of the people who are negative admit to not having ever played the game.

They just use the same standard criticisms, which go like this:

"They're a relatively low tier developer."
"The Conduit 2 selling under 100,000 units is what happened. "
"Yeah they made a lot license garbage. "
"Insufficient unit sales of The Conduit 2."
"it looks mediocre "

And here's a classic defense for criticizing without playing:

"I don't have to play a game to recognize that the game is lackluster."

And this is why you have to be careful believing stuff that people say in forums. Actually, you do have to play a game to criticize it. Otherwise what is the basis for your criticism?

This is why you should always play the games yourself and make up your own mind. Is C2 for everyone? No, of course not. Did HVS do a good job with the game? Yes, sure they did. No matter how many times you say that they didn't, or that sales were low, it still doesn't change the facts.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#44games1256Posted 5/2/2013 7:34:31 PM(edited)
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
There is plenty of hate for HVS on Nintendolife and many other Nintendo boards.

Prove it please :3

Here is one plenty of hate of course some praise because of being before Conduit 2 and it is a Nintendo fan site.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/high_voltage_softwarei_dont_get_it

some more hate and not caring about HVS.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/whatever-happened-to-high-voltage-software.452690766/

Thanks games.

If you read the posts carefully, and remove Baconator's repeated bashing, this is how the posts in the first link break down:

27 positive comments about HVS
17 negative comments
10 neutral comments including one guy who'd never heard of HVS

The other link is pretty much the same, largely positive about HVS and most of the people who are negative admit to not having ever played the game.

They just use the same standard criticisms, which go like this:

"They're a relatively low tier developer."
"The Conduit 2 selling under 100,000 units is what happened. "
"Yeah they made a lot license garbage. "
"Insufficient unit sales of The Conduit 2."
"it looks mediocre "

And here's a classic defense for criticizing without playing:

"I don't have to play a game to recognize that the game is lackluster."

And this is why you have to be careful believing stuff that people say in forums. Actually, you do have to play a game to criticize it. Otherwise what is the basis for your criticism?

This is why you should always play the games yourself and make up your own mind. Is C2 for everyone? No, of course not. Did HVS do a good job with the game? Yes, sure they did. No matter how many times you say that they didn't, or that sales were low, it still doesn't change the facts.

Well the forums are a small sample of what people think of Conduit 2 and HVS. You really do not have to play a game to judge it. You can watch video of the game and what others think of the game. After The Conduit people who did not give HVS another chance can not really be blamed for a harsh judgement of HVS. The facts are it is a glitched messed game. In the end many people gave HVS a lesson and chose not to buy Conduit 2.
#45kastasticPosted 5/4/2013 12:42:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#46_SignalPosted 5/4/2013 2:16:29 PM
games1256 posted...

You really do not have to play a game to judge it.

Hoisted on your own petard.

How can you say that you can judge a game without playing it? That's by far the most ignorant thing you've said since you joined this forum. The controls in a game are everything!

That's like saying that you can form an opinion about a car without driving it, a meal without eating it, or music without listening to it. Games are visceral engaging experiences. Dopamine is released; areas of the brain are stimulated. We quite literally feel the game when we play it. You won't get that from watching a YT video. Jeeze man, this is what separates video games from Canasta!

Now all your generic criticisms of C2 make total sense. You've never played it. I'm done here.

By the way, congrats 'Tastic. Looking forward to seeing you online. Hopefully you guys will come up with a hack to allow AC3 players to connect to each other!
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#47games1256Posted 5/4/2013 2:48:17 PM
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...

How can you say that you can judge a game without playing it? That's by far the most ignorant thing you've said since you joined this forum. The controls in a game are everything!

That's like saying that you can form an opinion about a car without driving it, a meal without eating it, or music without listening to it. Games are visceral engaging experiences. Dopamine is released; areas of the brain are stimulated. We quite literally feel the game when we play it. You won't get that from watching a YT video. Jeeze man, this is what separates video games from Canasta!

Now all your generic criticisms of C2 make total sense. You've never played it. I'm done here.

By the way, congrats 'Tastic. Looking forward to seeing you online. Hopefully you guys will come up with a hack to allow AC3 players to connect to each other!

Again you don't have to play a game to judge it. Conduit 2 does not have any special magic controls that makes dealing with a glitch fest worth it. I did play Conduit 2 and it was a terrible game filled with glitches and lag. I unlike you demand a good playing experience. i don't care that HVS has limited funding so they can't make a great running game that is their problem/ HVS has to make games they can afford to make. HVS should stick with smaller games that run well.
#48HungoverHero777Posted 5/4/2013 3:00:01 PM
games1256 posted...
_Signal posted...
games1256 posted...

Again you don't have to play a game to judge it. Conduit 2 does not have any special magic controls that makes dealing with a glitch fest worth it. I did play Conduit 2 and it was a terrible game filled with glitches and lag. I unlike you demand a good playing experience. i don't care that HVS has limited funding so they can't make a great running game that is their problem/ HVS has to make games they can afford to make. HVS should stick with smaller games that run well.

So, who volunteers to take up the hour-long ordeal of deciphering the grammar in this post?
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#49LigersRulePosted 5/4/2013 11:40:26 PM
games1256 posted...
i don't care that HVS has limited funding so they can't make a great running game that is their problem/ HVS has to make games they can afford to make.

You should try playing a new indie game called "Game Dev Tycoon". Though I have to warn you, if you pirate it, the game won't be very fun. But it costs $9, so surely a high class, working man like yourself can afford it? It's super insightful when it comes to funds in the game industry.

Aside from that, I hope every game developer ever takes that advice. Only make things you can afford to make. I guess we need to take Microsoft out of the picture, as they have yet to make money with their gaming division... Actually, I think the PS3 should be taken off as well... SEGA can't afford to make games, so they'll probably be gone... Crytek would never have started in the first place... Epic...Actually, pretty much all game companies but Valve and Nintendo. They are the only ones that seem to be making things they can afford. Of course, Valve isn't making much of anything anymore...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
#50games1256Posted 5/5/2013 12:22:47 AM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...
i don't care that HVS has limited funding so they can't make a great running game that is their problem/ HVS has to make games they can afford to make.

You should try playing a new indie game called "Game Dev Tycoon". Though I have to warn you, if you pirate it, the game won't be very fun. But it costs $9, so surely a high class, working man like yourself can afford it? It's super insightful when it comes to funds in the game industry.

Aside from that, I hope every game developer ever takes that advice. Only make things you can afford to make. I guess we need to take Microsoft out of the picture, as they have yet to make money with their gaming division... Actually, I think the PS3 should be taken off as well... SEGA can't afford to make games, so they'll probably be gone... Crytek would never have started in the first place... Epic...Actually, pretty much all game companies but Valve and Nintendo. They are the only ones that seem to be making things they can afford. Of course, Valve isn't making much of anything anymore...

I am talking about being able to fully fund a game so the proper amount of time is taken to make the game run well. Plus it also come down to hiring proper talent to make a great game which can come at a higher price. The game companies you listed can fund the games they make just fine. While HVS is in a position to make small games on IOS/Android.