If Conduit 3 is released on Wii U.....HVS might dominate FPS on Wii U's market..

#51xXAISPXxPosted 5/5/2013 4:48:45 AM
games1256 posted...
Well the forums are a small sample of what people think of Conduit 2 and HVS. You really do not have to play a game to judge it. You can watch video of the game and what others think of the game. After The Conduit people who did not give HVS another chance can not really be blamed for a harsh judgement of HVS. The facts are it is a glitched messed game. In the end many people gave HVS a lesson and chose not to buy Conduit 2.

Common sense. Playing a game and its predecessors/ sequels is vital to criticizing. Murdock didn't play The Conduit which just makes his review trash because Conduit 2's campaign heavily depended on that (where Mr.Ford came from at the beginning, Prometheus' physical body, why Mr.Ford is at Atlantis, why Mr.Ford was once controlled by Adams, etc.).

So the lesson is quite simple. You can't be so sure if a game is "bad" if you don't play it or did not simply play other games of its story. That's called prejudice. It's okay to make a inference on a game's statistics, such as forum criticism, but it's mad to be sure that it is exactly what you inferred. You don't judge a book by its cover, do you?

To be honest, there isn't anything bad about the game except the glitches it has. If you think Conduit 2 is "bad", keep this in mind: all games must be different, not the same. If all games were too similar, we would all have the same thoughts and the games will eventually become very boring.

All games have their downs and ups. Like how no one is perfect, no game is perfect.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii
#52DerppopotamusPosted 5/5/2013 5:53:33 AM
games1256 posted...
i don't care that HVS has limited funding so they can't make a great running game that is their problem/ HVS has to make games they can afford to make.

Did somebody just say Indie developers can't make great games?

http://lockersmash.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/james_lebron.jpg

Suuuure. Let's just forget about Journey, Hotline Miami and FTL. And as always, Minecraft is an extremely successful indie game.
---
The Conduit 2 chat room is now up and running again.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23conduit2&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net
#53games1256Posted 5/5/2013 10:34:05 AM
Derppopotamus posted...
games1256 posted...
i don't care that HVS has limited funding so they can't make a great running game that is their problem/ HVS has to make games they can afford to make.

Did somebody just say Indie developers can't make great games?

http://lockersmash.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/james_lebron.jpg

Suuuure. Let's just forget about Journey, Hotline Miami and FTL. And as always, Minecraft is an extremely successful indie game.

I never said indie games are bad learn to read. I said HVS should stick with small games that run well. Instead with The Conduit and Conduit 2 they tried to become a big studio with big games but did not have great talent and a big enough budget.
#54games1256Posted 5/5/2013 10:48:31 AM(edited)
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...
Well the forums are a small sample of what people think of Conduit 2 and HVS. You really do not have to play a game to judge it. You can watch video of the game and what others think of the game. After The Conduit people who did not give HVS another chance can not really be blamed for a harsh judgement of HVS. The facts are it is a glitched messed game. In the end many people gave HVS a lesson and chose not to buy Conduit 2.

Common sense. Playing a game and its predecessors/ sequels is vital to criticizing. Murdock didn't play The Conduit which just makes his review trash because Conduit 2's campaign heavily depended on that (where Mr.Ford came from at the beginning, Prometheus' physical body, why Mr.Ford is at Atlantis, why Mr.Ford was once controlled by Adams, etc.).

So the lesson is quite simple. You can't be so sure if a game is "bad" if you don't play it or did not simply play other games of its story. That's called prejudice. It's okay to make a inference on a game's statistics, such as forum criticism, but it's mad to be sure that it is exactly what you inferred. You don't judge a book by its cover, do you?

To be honest, there isn't anything bad about the game except the glitches it has. If you think Conduit 2 is "bad", keep this in mind: all games must be different, not the same. If all games were too similar, we would all have the same thoughts and the games will eventually become very boring.

All games have their downs and ups. Like how no one is perfect, no game is perfect.

No you don't have to play a game before you judge it. The 3rd rate story, the game breaking glitches, the bad VA, know about it all before any one plays the game. Glitches are really bad and can turn all lot of people off of the game which it did. People have plenty of other options with other games to spend their time and money on. Plenty of people refused to give HVS another chance after The Conduit.

Conduit 2 is not really different it is a rip off of Halo, Metroid prime and a third rate movie. Well The Conduit and Conduit 2 has too many downs to it for anyone but a small loyal fanbase to care.
#55like2napPosted 5/5/2013 1:12:31 PM
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...

No you don't have to play a game before you judge it. The 3rd rate story, the game breaking glitches, the bad VA, know about it all before any one plays the game. Glitches are really bad and can turn all lot of people off of the game which it did. People have plenty of other options with other games to spend their time and money on. Plenty of people refused to give HVS another chance after The Conduit.

Conduit 2 is not really different it is a rip off of Halo, Metroid prime and a third rate movie. Well The Conduit and Conduit 2 has too many downs to it for anyone but a small loyal fanbase to care.

I have to agree with part of this. I don't need to play a game to know how much I will or will not like it. It wasn't always the case, but I now do a ton of research (reading reviews, watching videos, etc) before I buy a game. I know if I just shouldn't buy it, if I should get it right away, or if I'll know it's good, but not great, and I should just wait for a price drop.

Like the next COD. I know I'll like it. I also know it will have something seriously wrong with it at launch. So I'll wait a month or two for them to patch it before I get it. I know I can preorder the next Zelda game because I know it will be great and I'll love it.

As far as the Conduit franchise, I don't care if there is or isn't a C3. I won't miss it if it never comes. If they do make it, I will do as much research as I can before I decide to buy it.
#56_SignalPosted 5/5/2013 3:19:11 PM
You guys can have this thread now, I'm done with it.

Anyone that asserts that they know if they will like or dislike something before they try it is either bonkers or fibbing, and I have better things to do with my time that debate that point.

Both of you said that you played C2. Why the flibberjibbit would you buy and play a game that you knew ahead of time you wouldn't like? More irrational behavior I guess.

Either you're masochistic or perhaps your preconceptions were wrong.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#57freutty2Posted 5/5/2013 3:24:23 PM
I'll take a Conduit over an CoD any day. As much as we get CoD than Conduit and how the CoD games are crappy. Conduit for me.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#58games1256Posted 5/5/2013 4:10:18 PM(edited)
_Signal posted...
You guys can have this thread now, I'm done with it.

Anyone that asserts that they know if they will like or dislike something before they try it is either bonkers or fibbing, and I have better things to do with my time that debate that point.

Both of you said that you played C2. Why the flibberjibbit would you buy and play a game that you knew ahead of time you wouldn't like? More irrational behavior I guess.

Either you're masochistic or perhaps your preconceptions were wrong.

The reason I talked about is reasons someone will know if they should play a game or not. You don't have to buy a game to play it. You can rent it or borrow it. Plus I play the game just to get a good laugh at the game and to just try it for the sake of it.
#59DerppopotamusPosted 5/5/2013 4:49:03 PM
games1256 posted...
I never said indie games are bad learn to read.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/c14.14.173.173/s160x160/148508_469312789798179_843353563_n.jpg
Neither did I.

Is english your first language?

If it's not, that's perfectly respectable. It just seems you are lack the assets required for reading and replying to the english language. c:
---
The Conduit 2 chat room is now up and running again.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23conduit2&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net
#60HungoverHero777Posted 5/5/2013 4:59:32 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
games1256 posted...
I never said indie games are bad learn to read.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/c14.14.173.173/s160x160/148508_469312789798179_843353563_n.jpg
Neither did I.

Is english your first language?

If it's not, that's perfectly respectable. It just seems you are lack the assets required for reading and replying to the english language. c:

And typing it, don't forget that.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1