If Conduit 3 is released on Wii U.....HVS might dominate FPS on Wii U's market..

#61games1256Posted 5/5/2013 11:07:28 PM(edited)
Derppopotamus posted...
games1256 posted...
I never said indie games are bad learn to read.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/c14.14.173.173/s160x160/148508_469312789798179_843353563_n.jpg
Neither did I.

Is english your first language?

If it's not, that's perfectly respectable. It just seems you are lack the assets required for reading and replying to the english language. c:

I can read and write just fine I never said that you said indie games were bad read again. If you read the whole quote you would know what I said.
#62FF5ommersetPosted 5/6/2013 8:33:06 AM
like2nap posted...
games1256 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
games1256 posted...
Well the forums are a small sample of what people think of Conduit 2 and HVS. You really do not have to play a game to judge it. You can watch video of the game and what others think of the game. After The Conduit people who did not give HVS another chance can not really be blamed for a harsh judgement of HVS. The facts are it is a glitched messed game. In the end many people gave HVS a lesson and chose not to buy Conduit 2.

Common sense. Playing a game and its predecessors/ sequels is vital to criticizing. Murdock didn't play The Conduit which just makes his review trash because Conduit 2's campaign heavily depended on that (where Mr.Ford came from at the beginning, Prometheus' physical body, why Mr.Ford is at Atlantis, why Mr.Ford was once controlled by Adams, etc.).

So the lesson is quite simple. You can't be so sure if a game is "bad" if you don't play it or did not simply play other games of its story. That's called prejudice. It's okay to make a inference on a game's statistics, such as forum criticism, but it's mad to be sure that it is exactly what you inferred. You don't judge a book by its cover, do you?

To be honest, there isn't anything bad about the game except the glitches it has. If you think Conduit 2 is "bad", keep this in mind: all games must be different, not the same. If all games were too similar, we would all have the same thoughts and the games will eventually become very boring.

All games have their downs and ups. Like how no one is perfect, no game is perfect.

No you don't have to play a game before you judge it. The 3rd rate story, the game breaking glitches, the bad VA, know about it all before any one plays the game. Glitches are really bad and can turn all lot of people off of the game which it did. People have plenty of other options with other games to spend their time and money on. Plenty of people refused to give HVS another chance after The Conduit.

Conduit 2 is not really different it is a rip off of Halo, Metroid prime and a third rate movie. Well The Conduit and Conduit 2 has too many downs to it for anyone but a small loyal fanbase to care.

I have to agree with part of this. I don't need to play a game to know how much I will or will not like it. It wasn't always the case, but I now do a ton of research (reading reviews, watching videos, etc) before I buy a game. I know if I just shouldn't buy it, if I should get it right away, or if I'll know it's good, but not great, and I should just wait for a price drop.

Like the next COD. I know I'll like it. I also know it will have something seriously wrong with it at launch. So I'll wait a month or two for them to patch it before I get it. I know I can preorder the next Zelda game because I know it will be great and I'll love it.

As far as the Conduit franchise, I don't care if there is or isn't a C3. I won't miss it if it never comes. If they do make it, I will do as much research as I can before I decide to buy it.

It's fine to make your decision to buy or not buy based on your personal experience and tastes and whatever research that you can do. We all do that. But it's unfair to openly criticize a game if you never played it though, and that was pretty rampant in the nintendolife thread.
#63like2napPosted 5/6/2013 6:34:32 PM
_Signal posted...
You guys can have this thread now, I'm done with it.

Anyone that asserts that they know if they will like or dislike something before they try it is either bonkers or fibbing, and I have better things to do with my time that debate that point.

Both of you said that you played C2. Why the flibberjibbit would you buy and play a game that you knew ahead of time you wouldn't like? More irrational behavior I guess.

Either you're masochistic or perhaps your preconceptions were wrong.

If i'm the number two (i didn't read every post), I bought it on pure excitement. It was one of the few times where I didn't do any research. I liked the Conduit. Had a lot of fun with it. When this came out I read one review. Just one. And that was it. That's all it took. I bought it right away. I regretted it and haven't made that mistake since.
#64like2napPosted 5/6/2013 6:39:19 PM
@Sig:

Is it really hard to believe that I (or anyone really) know myself well enough to know if I will or will not like a video game? Or a smartphone? Or a surround sound system? Or a TV?
#65B05S_BrennanPosted 5/7/2013 3:26:20 PM
It being before Conduit 2 meaning some people still held hope for much needed improvements for Conduit 2 playing well.

I thought we were talking about how people like HVS now, not before Conduit 2 was released.

Over all the amount of people who praise HVS is a very small group.

It appears to be a bit bigger than those who hate them.

Plus more love/ hate for HVS in this

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/just-in-case-youve-been-wondering-what-high-voltage-studios-has-been-up-to.452900017/

How is a thread with hate AND praise proving your point?

@Your other posts: You can't fully judge a game just by watching videos. You can get an idea of what it's like, but not everything that's in the game will necessarily be in the video. For example, just by watching my videos, you wouldn't realize there's anything wrong with C2. It works the other way too. A video could make a game look worse than it is. The only way to completely know what a game is like is by playing it yourself.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#66games1256Posted 5/7/2013 4:24:02 PM(edited)
B05S_Brennan posted...
It being before Conduit 2 meaning some people still held hope for much needed improvements for Conduit 2 playing well.

I thought we were talking about how people like HVS now, not before Conduit 2 was released.

Over all the amount of people who praise HVS is a very small group.

It appears to be a bit bigger than those who hate them.

Plus more love/ hate for HVS in this

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/just-in-case-youve-been-wondering-what-high-voltage-studios-has-been-up-to.452900017/

How is a thread with hate AND praise proving your point?

@Your other posts: You can't fully judge a game just by watching videos. You can get an idea of what it's like, but not everything that's in the game will necessarily be in the video. For example, just by watching my videos, you wouldn't realize there's anything wrong with C2. It works the other way too. A video could make a game look worse than it is. The only way to completely know what a game is like is by playing it yourself.

I was talking about how many hate HVS now and before Conduit 2. With the really bad sales of Conduit 2 it is clear plenty more people hate them or just don't care for them. Plus not everyone who hates or likes HVS is going to post. You can judge a game on facts such as story, gameplay, controls, online, if it has glitches or game breaking bugs. So based on the facts you know if a game is worth buying or not. The hate and praise thread was to show that there is both lots of hate and some praise for HVS.
#67B05S_BrennanPosted 5/7/2013 4:29:42 PM
games1256 posted...
I was talking about how many hate HVS now and before Conduit 2. With the really bad sales of Conduit 2 it is clear plenty more people hate them or just don't care for them.

In the threads you showed us, it seemed as though more people like HVS now than before C2 came out. Also, per person, C2 is played more than Metroid Prime 3, and almost as much as GoldenEye. There is also the fact that both the game and forum have been able to keep an active community for two years. I think all of this proves that there are quite a few people who at least love C2, if not the company that made it.

Plus not everyone who hates or likes HVS is going to post.

We can't really include people we don't know are there.

You can judge a game on facts such as story, gameplay, controls, online, if it has glitches or game breaking bugs.

But you might not see enough of the good. The game could have some features you're not seeing that would make it worth going through the bad stuff.

So based on the facts you now if a game is worth buying or not.

We were talking about when someone goes on forums to post their opinions, not deciding whether or not they'll make a purchase.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#68games1256Posted 5/7/2013 5:24:02 PM(edited)
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
I was talking about how many hate HVS now and before Conduit 2. With the really bad sales of Conduit 2 it is clear plenty more people hate them or just don't care for them.

In the threads you showed us, it seemed as though more people like HVS now than before C2 came out. Also, per person, C2 is played more than Metroid Prime 3, and almost as much as GoldenEye. There is also the fact that both the game and forum have been able to keep an active community for two years. I think all of this proves that there are quite a few people who at least love C2, if not the company that made it.

Plus not everyone who hates or likes HVS is going to post.

We can't really include people we don't know are there.

You can judge a game on facts such as story, gameplay, controls, online, if it has glitches or game breaking bugs.

But you might not see enough of the good. The game could have some features you're not seeing that would make it worth going through the bad stuff.

So based on the facts you now if a game is worth buying or not.

We were talking about when someone goes on forums to post their opinions, not deciding whether or not they'll make a purchase.

A small loyal fanbase does not mean much sure not everyone hates HVS but there is alot of hate for HVS the people who praise and like HVS and Conduit 2 are a small group. The bad can out weigh the good and make the game not worth buying. I was saying with the sales they had poor sales compared to The Conduit so if people cared for Conduit 2 more people would have bought it. Instead what happened was plenty of people was fed up with HVS after The Conduit and gave HVS a lesson and chose not to buy Conduit 2. The people who like HVS are a small vocal minority who post that they like HVS and Conduit 2.
#69B05S_BrennanPosted 5/8/2013 3:31:41 PM
games1256 posted...
A small loyal fanbase does not mean much

We're a decently sized community for a Wii game.

sure not everyone hates HVS but there is alot of hate for HVS

In the first post of our conversation, you implied that most people hated HVS on other sites, and that this board is the only place where people praise HVS. But your links proved that's not the case.

the people who praise and like HVS and Conduit 2 are a small group.

So is the group of people that hate them.

The bad can out weigh the good and make the game not worth buying.

Did you not read my post? It's fine to decide whether or not you'll make a purchase based on your own research. But we were talking about the guy in the Nintendolife thread. He didn't just decide whether or not he was going to buy the game based on videos, he was openly criticizing the game, even though he never played it before.

I was saying with the sales they had poor sales compared to The Conduit so if people cared for Conduit 2 more people would have bought it. Instead what happened was plenty of people was fed up with HVS after The Conduit and gave HVS a lesson and chose not to buy Conduit 2.

But you can't know for sure this is the only reason. Yes, Conduit 2's predecessor probably didn't help with its sales, but there are other reasons Conduit 2 didn't sell well. There were more popular games coming out at the time, the game was not advertised by Sega, and perhaps people had just given up on Wii FPS games in general.

The people who like HVS are a small vocal minority who post that they like HVS and Conduit 2.

Like I said, it isn't a smaller group than the haters.
---
#70HungoverHero777Posted 5/8/2013 3:46:34 PM
Brennan, I admire your determination, but you might as well be talking to a marshmallow.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1