If Conduit 3 is released on Wii U.....HVS might dominate FPS on Wii U's market..

#71games1256Posted 5/8/2013 4:30:58 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
A small loyal fanbase does not mean much

We're a decently sized community for a Wii game.

sure not everyone hates HVS but there is alot of hate for HVS

In the first post of our conversation, you implied that most people hated HVS on other sites, and that this board is the only place where people praise HVS. But your links proved that's not the case.

the people who praise and like HVS and Conduit 2 are a small group.

So is the group of people that hate them.

The bad can out weigh the good and make the game not worth buying.

Did you not read my post? It's fine to decide whether or not you'll make a purchase based on your own research. But we were talking about the guy in the Nintendolife thread. He didn't just decide whether or not he was going to buy the game based on videos, he was openly criticizing the game, even though he never played it before.

I was saying with the sales they had poor sales compared to The Conduit so if people cared for Conduit 2 more people would have bought it. Instead what happened was plenty of people was fed up with HVS after The Conduit and gave HVS a lesson and chose not to buy Conduit 2.

But you can't know for sure this is the only reason. Yes, Conduit 2's predecessor probably didn't help with its sales, but there are other reasons Conduit 2 didn't sell well. There were more popular games coming out at the time, the game was not advertised by Sega, and perhaps people had just given up on Wii FPS games in general.

The people who like HVS are a small vocal minority who post that they like HVS and Conduit 2.

Like I said, it isn't a smaller group than the haters.

I stated there was a small group who likes Conduit 2 outside of this board. I was not talking about that one guy I meant in general. Sure there are more then one reason Conduit 2 failed to sell well but if the general Wii population who bought The Conduit cared about Conduit 2 they would have bought it so that comes back to a lot of people who no longer care for HVS or just plan hate HVS. Well sure there are some people who like HVS but the amount of haters and the people who like HVS are not fully counted since not everyone is going to post.
#72games1256Posted 5/8/2013 4:36:06 PM(edited)
HungoverHero777 posted...
Brennan, I admire your determination, but you might as well be talking to a marshmallow.

No I might as well be talking to a marshmallow about how Brennan and others do not get that their spacial game people outside the loyal fanbase does not care for it.
#73King_Boo922Posted 5/8/2013 4:40:36 PM
games1256 posted...
Brennan, I admire your determination, but you might as well be talking to a marshmallow.

No I might as well be talking to a marshmallow about how Brennan and others do not get that their spacial game people outside the loyal fanbase does not care for it.

that's kind of what makes us the fanbase, as we care for the series, and people who don't care for the games aren't apart of the fanbase. Definitions, logic and all that.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922
#74HungoverHero777Posted 5/8/2013 4:40:55 PM
games1256 posted...

Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?

"Spacial game"? Well, not really, but certain parts of the maps ARE more open than others.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#75games1256Posted 5/8/2013 4:52:40 PM(edited)
King_Boo922 posted...
games1256 posted...

that's kind of what makes us the fanbase, as we care for the series, and people who don't care for the games aren't apart of the fanbase. Definitions, logic and all that.

Read LOYAL fanbase aka people forgiving of HVS faults ,defending HVS etc compared with just regular players who bought the game to play. When the regular players see fault with the game they do not stand up for HVS and when they see lots of problems they still do not say it is a good game while the loyal fan base looks the other way from the problems of the game and still somehow likes the game.
#76games1256Posted 5/8/2013 4:49:56 PM
games1256 posted...

Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?

"Spacial game"? Well, not really, but certain parts of the maps ARE more open than others.

Talking to a marshmallow or a wall aka I do not get far in the other side understanding. Special game meaning people think Conduit 2 is special and when HVS screwed up with The Conduit and Conduit 2 people of the loyal fanbase still wants more.
#77Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 5:06:31 PM
Yeah, look here, HVS is a small company which hires people who are starting this stuff in making games. We need to really give them suggestions so they can see how possible it is to put it together.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#78King_Boo922Posted 5/8/2013 5:21:25 PM
Do you understand that people can find the good within the bad and have a good time with just that? Can you understand that people can have so much fun with that good, no matter how small you seem to think it is, that they want to see just that part continue and grow? If you don't than you are all kinds of stuck up that I don't even know how to address it, but if you do understand, then why are you here? I'm not asking you to leave, but what's your point in posting, to try to bully and pressure people into thinking like you? To make yourself feel superior to all of us? Your not, you are the same as all of us. You've got things you like that others don't, and you've also have hopes and wishes that others would find bizarre. I don't see why your in any position to try and tell others their opinions are wrong, or they're stupid, or blind or anything.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922
#79games1256Posted 5/8/2013 5:23:57 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
Yeah, look here, HVS is a small company which hires people who are starting this stuff in making games. We need to really give them suggestions so they can see how possible it is to put it together.

It is fine to give them tips but there is no reason to defend them.
#80games1256Posted 5/8/2013 6:02:04 PM
King_Boo922 posted...
Do you understand that people can find the good within the bad and have a good time with just that? Can you understand that people can have so much fun with that good, no matter how small you seem to think it is, that they want to see just that part continue and grow? If you don't than you are all kinds of stuck up that I don't even know how to address it, but if you do understand, then why are you here? I'm not asking you to leave, but what's your point in posting, to try to bully and pressure people into thinking like you? To make yourself feel superior to all of us? Your not, you are the same as all of us. You've got things you like that others don't, and you've also have hopes and wishes that others would find bizarre. I don't see why your in any position to try and tell others their opinions are wrong, or they're stupid, or blind or anything.

I can understand people can find good in bad but so much bad in a game can make it not worth playing. I am here to see why people defend HVS so much and why people accept such a glitched game.