If Conduit 3 is released on Wii U.....HVS might dominate FPS on Wii U's market..

#81King_Boo922Posted 5/8/2013 5:43:02 PM
For me to consider a game not worth playing, it would need to be so bad as to be comparable to the likes of superman 64 and drake of the 99 dragons, and conduit 2 is not that bad. And I don't like to defend high voltage, I certainly don't know what was going on during development, but they sure as hell could have done a better job of managing their time and budget to deliver a better game. But, since I prefer sci-fi shooters, and there isn't much of a selection on the wii, I don't have much choice in the games I play.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922
#82B05S_BrennanPosted 5/10/2013 7:23:29 PM
games1256 posted...
I stated there was a small group who likes Conduit 2 outside of this board.

Not in your first post I responded to. You said "plus ask people on Nintendo forums what they think of HVS. The people on other Nintendo sites hate HVS so just because this board gives praise to HVS many else where do not". You didn't mention anything about a group outside of this board that praises HVS until people pointed out to you that there were just as many people who liked HVS as there were people that hated them in the links you posted.

I was not talking about that one guy I meant in general.

He's the reason this whole "do you need to play a game to judge it?" discussion started. Signal pointed out that he should play a game if he's going to criticize it, and you argued by saying "you really do not have to play a game to judge it".

Sure there are more then one reason Conduit 2 failed to sell well but if the general Wii population who bought The Conduit cared about Conduit 2 they would have bought it so that comes back to a lot of people who no longer care for HVS or just plan hate HVS.

Have you bought the sequel to every game you ever enjoyed? 'Cause most people don't.

Well sure there are some people who like HVS but the amount of haters and the people who like HVS are not fully counted since not everyone is going to post.

Then I guess you can't say it's a small group that likes HVS, because not everyone who likes them is going to post.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#83B05S_BrennanPosted 5/10/2013 7:24:24 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
games1256 posted...
Brennan, I admire your determination, but you might as well be talking to a marshmallow.

No I might as well be talking to a marshmallow about how Brennan and others do not get that their spacial game people outside the loyal fanbase does not care for it.

Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?

"Spacial game"? Well, not really, but certain parts of the maps ARE more open than others.

Laughed pretty hard at this.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#84games1256Posted 5/12/2013 10:35:11 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
I stated there was a small group who likes Conduit 2 outside of this board.

Not in your first post I responded to. You said "plus ask people on Nintendo forums what they think of HVS. The people on other Nintendo sites hate HVS so just because this board gives praise to HVS many else where do not". You didn't mention anything about a group outside of this board that praises HVS until people pointed out to you that there were just as many people who liked HVS as there were people that hated them in the links you posted.

I was not talking about that one guy I meant in general.

He's the reason this whole "do you need to play a game to judge it?" discussion started. Signal pointed out that he should play a game if he's going to criticize it, and you argued by saying "you really do not have to play a game to judge it".

Sure there are more then one reason Conduit 2 failed to sell well but if the general Wii population who bought The Conduit cared about Conduit 2 they would have bought it so that comes back to a lot of people who no longer care for HVS or just plan hate HVS.

Have you bought the sequel to every game you ever enjoyed? 'Cause most people don't.

Well sure there are some people who like HVS but the amount of haters and the people who like HVS are not fully counted since not everyone is going to post.

Then I guess you can't say it's a small group that likes HVS, because not everyone who likes them is going to post.

I buy sequels that are good and worth buying. If most people do not buy sequels then there would be no sequels. There are way more people who hate HVS then people who like them because really other then fans no one else is going to like them after they failed 2 times with The Conduit and then Conduit 2.
#85B05S_BrennanPosted 5/12/2013 10:49:48 AM
games1256 posted...
I buy sequels that are good and worth buying. If most people do not buy sequels then there would be no sequels.

I didn't say people don't buy sequels, I said that most people don't buy sequels to every game they ever enjoyed.

There are way more people who hate HVS then people who like them

Your links proved otherwise.

because really other then fans no one else is going to like them after they failed 2 times with The Conduit and then Conduit 2.

You think they failed, but that's your opinion. It doesn't mean everyone thinks they failed. Also, how do think we became Conduit fans? Because we thought the games suck?
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#86games1256Posted 5/12/2013 11:52:58 AM(edited)
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...
I buy sequels that are good and worth buying. If most people do not buy sequels then there would be no sequels.

I didn't say people don't buy sequels, I said that most people don't buy sequels to every game they ever enjoyed.

because really other then fans no one else is going to like them after they failed 2 times with The Conduit and then Conduit 2.

You think they failed, but that's your opinion. It doesn't mean everyone thinks they failed. Also, how do think we became Conduit fans? Because we thought the games suck?

Most people equals majority leading to poor sales equals no sequels. I am saying over all not juts the people who post on the forum the poor sales of Conduit 2 showed that the majority does not like HVS and has moved on after the over hyped The Conduit came out. The general player base of The Conduit had a wait and see attitude towards Conduit 2 because The Conduit failed to live up to the hype.Its not my opinion they failed based on facts they failed and based on what HVS said they would do.
You people became fans because you look past the problems while the average player does not.
#87HungoverHero777Posted 5/12/2013 11:12:25 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...

Oh hey, I made your sig. Nice.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#88B05S_BrennanPosted 5/12/2013 1:33:58 PM
games1256 posted...
Most people equals majority leading to poor sales equals no sequels.

I don't get what you're trying to say.

I am saying over all not juts the people who post on the forum the poor sales of Conduit 2 showed that the majority does not like HVS and has moved on after the over hyped The Conduit came out.

For some people that's what happened. That likely isn't the main reason though. While TCon WAS hyped quite a bit, Conduit 2 didn't even get advertising. You need to stop making assumptions about why C2 didn't sell a lot.

The general player base of The Conduit had a wait and see attitude towards Conduit 2 because The Conduit failed to live up to the hype.

Again, what are you trying to say?

Its not my opinion they failed based on facts they failed and based on what HVS said they would do.

I don't see how making one of the most creative and original competitive FPS games ever with some of the best graphics on Wii is a complete failure. Sure, the glitches and lag (which aren't even as bad as you let on) can make the game not worth playing for some, but the game did plenty right. Have you even played the game since the last patch they made?

You people became fans because you look past the problems while the average player does not.

No, we became fans because we didn't look past what the game did right.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
#89B05S_BrennanPosted 5/12/2013 1:34:20 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
games1256 posted...

Oh hey, I made your sig. Nice.

Yep.
---
#90games1256Posted 5/12/2013 2:46:56 PM
@B05S_Brennan
1. you said most people do not buy sequels which is majority therefore sequels would sell poorly so no more sequels. 2. I am not making assumptions about why C2 didn't sell a lot it is simple to see why it sold poorly. 3. The player base who bought into the hype of The Conduit waited to see how Conduit 2 turned out. I would not call The Conduit or Conduit 2 a creative and original competitive FPS. It is nothing special and just took ideas from Halo and Metroid.

The glitches and lag is as bad as I say. Yes the game does some right but there is more wrong then right. Yes I played the game after the last patch.

4. You still have to look at what they did wrong to enjoy what they did right. The average player looks at the both positive and negative and see if it is worth playing.