If Conduit 3 is released on Wii U.....HVS might dominate FPS on Wii U's market..

#91LigersRulePosted 5/12/2013 4:20:22 PM
One of my favorite YouTubers, Total Biscuit, did an interview with the guys behind the Tegra Shield at PAX East. After playing Skyrim for a while, he checked out The Conduit HD on it. He said it was easily the best shooter on the Wii, and that he wishes the sequel would have done better. That's saying something, because I don't know of a single person in the world who hates SEGA as much as TB does.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
#92like2napPosted 5/12/2013 4:35:29 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Brennan, I admire your determination, but you might as well be talking to a marshmallow.

I want smores now...
#93_SignalPosted 5/12/2013 7:20:13 PM(edited)
So, regarding this topic, I think that there is only one FPS for the WiiU at this time, and that's Black Ops 2.

Regarding the multiplayer, they did get a lot of things right. It's a very polished game with several different modes of play, and most importantly, it supports the Wiimote. It plays smoothly and it's easy to find matches.

And, talk about the fanbase, they're way more more zealous than we are. I think we all realize that we're far from the mainstream, just playing the little game that could. Those guys, a lot of them think that CoD is everything. Head over there and poke one of them in the eye and see what happens.

But they got stuff wrong too. Stuff that, for a lot of people, matters.

1. There's no character customization.
2. The high degree of somewhat realistic violence put in a real-world setting is a turn-off for a lot of people.
3. There's no support for Motion Plus.
4. The game is too competitive, shoving your KDR in your face constantly.
5. The gameplay is a little repetitive.

Conduit 2 is different and people are always looking for new things. The FPS market for the WiiU is wide open.

Some developers appear to be stepping back from the WiiU, or at least hesitating, anyone, yes anyone, could dominate the WiiU's FPS market.

Not for the most zealous CoD fan. Great for everyone else.
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#94B05S_BrennanPosted 5/21/2013 7:24:06 PM
games1256 posted...
1. you said most people do not buy sequels which is majority therefore sequels would sell poorly so no more sequels.

No, I said most people don't buy sequels to every game they ever enjoyed. If people bought the sequel of every game they'd ever enjoyed, explain why Metroid Prime 2 sold 800,000 copies while its predecessor sold 1.49 million copies (according to Wikipedia).

2. I am not making assumptions about why C2 didn't sell a lot it is simple to see why it sold poorly.

So what exactly makes it so "simple to see" when there are tons of possible reasons it sold poorly?

3. The player base who bought into the hype of The Conduit waited to see how Conduit 2 turned out. I would not call The Conduit or Conduit 2 a creative and original competitive FPS. It is nothing special and just took ideas from Halo and Metroid.

Metroid is an Adventure game with Shooter elements. Conduit is nothing like that. The Conduit was certainly inspired by Halo, but Conduit 2 made Conduit is its own thing imo. It has maps with loads of interesting shortcuts which are imo, creative. What about the weapons? All Halo's weapons do is shoot stuff, with a few exceptions. Conduit's can see through walls, have their paths altered, catch bullets, turn you invisible, prevent your opponent from healing and more. What one of those weapons was taken from Halo? Then there's the character customization. Conduit 2 has 7 characters to choose from. Halo has 2. Spartans and Elites. None of C2's characters are like them. The only thing that Halo and Conduit 2 have in common is that they're both sci-fi, but they are very different kinds of sci-fi.

The glitches and lag is as bad as I say.

No they're not.

Yes the game does some right but there is more wrong then right.

Make me a list of what the game did wrong.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#95like2napPosted 5/24/2013 2:23:42 AM
_Signal posted...
So, regarding this topic, I think that there is only one FPS for the WiiU at this time, and that's Black Ops 2.

Regarding the multiplayer, they did get a lot of things right. It's a very polished game with several different modes of play, and most importantly, it supports the Wiimote. It plays smoothly and it's easy to find matches.

And, talk about the fanbase, they're way more more zealous than we are. I think we all realize that we're far from the mainstream, just playing the little game that could. Those guys, a lot of them think that CoD is everything. Head over there and poke one of them in the eye and see what happens.

But they got stuff wrong too. Stuff that, for a lot of people, matters.

1. There's no character customization.
2. The high degree of somewhat realistic violence put in a real-world setting is a turn-off for a lot of people.
3. There's no support for Motion Plus.
4. The game is too competitive, shoving your KDR in your face constantly.
5. The gameplay is a little repetitive.

Conduit 2 is different and people are always looking for new things. The FPS market for the WiiU is wide open.

Some developers appear to be stepping back from the WiiU, or at least hesitating, anyone, yes anyone, could dominate the WiiU's FPS market.

Not for the most zealous CoD fan. Great for everyone else.

Very valid points You know what I hate about COD fanboys. They hate their games. Seriously. Conduit 2 fanboys love their game. Defend everything about it. That's annoying to me. But COD fanboys COMPLAIN about EVERYTHING in the game ALL the time. It's just so stupid. I know a guy who has sold and bought back his Wii U twice because BLack OPs 2 pissed him off so much. Just goes on and on complaining in every thread, but then he keeps buying the game. They always say this is my last COD. IF half the people that said that actually quit, then we wouldn't be able to find matches.

Then you have the fanboys that love one version of COD and despise the other. Team Treyarch and Team IW. Drives me nuts.

I don't understand the fanboy. Whethef something is good or bad they'll defend it and get insulted if you point out it's faults. Makes no sense to me.
#96like2napPosted 5/24/2013 2:24:27 AM
Oh and Ghosts is coming to the Wii U. So the mythological C3 will have some more competition.
#97B05S_BrennanPosted 5/24/2013 8:11:13 AM
like2nap posted...
Team Treyarch and Team IW.

Is that like Team Edward and Team Jacob?
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#98CarbonizerMikePosted 5/24/2013 11:08:41 AM
like2nap posted...
Oh and Ghosts is coming to the Wii U. So the mythological C3 will have some more competition.

I just wish it wasn't mythological.

Why won't companies makes shooters that don't blatantly copy Call of Duty?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#99like2napPosted 5/24/2013 2:02:54 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
like2nap posted...
Team Treyarch and Team IW.

Is that like Team Edward and Team Jacob?

That's what I was going for lol
#100like2napPosted 5/24/2013 2:10:49 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
like2nap posted...

I just wish it wasn't mythological.

Why won't companies makes shooters that don't blatantly copy Call of Duty?

I guess because it sells well. Conduit 2, though it had some similarities, was it's own thing. It was way different. C3 just needs some tweaking. A little less lag, a little better weapon balance, controls closer to what COD has. And less glitches. There's not a single problem in C2 that is horrible. It's just the combination of the issues is annoying. That's how I feel about it anyway.

They don't have to make it like call of duty to be great. They just have to make it a finely tuned machine. Honestly I really hope HVS tries again.