The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Got this game yesterday, didn't realize it was so popular

#1cannonwePosted 4/29/2013 12:31:41 PM
Seriously! I'm really pleasantly surprised at how active this board is, and hopefully I can also become a regular here :)
I really didn't like this game the first time I played it, and now it's really growing on me fast. The online play seems to me like it's a lot more organized than other games - people standing up on perches sniping, and other strategic things that you rarely see in a lot of other FPS games, and I really like it.

Are there any things that I absolutely must know that I might not be sure of now? What advice could you give a noob like me?
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter Tri.
And that's it.
#2DerppopotamusPosted 4/29/2013 12:38:34 PM
Welcome aboard, we love having new players. What's your name in-game? My name is Derpy.

cannonwe posted...
Are there any things that I absolutely must know that I might not be sure of now? What advice could you give a noob like me?

People don't like it when you: Spam the Rocket Launcher, use both Ballistic upgrades, and use all the Phase Rifle upgrades.... Oh! and bunny-hopping with the Hive Cannon.

My advice: have fun. There's a lot of stuff you'll learn, but it'll feel more rewarding of you figure it out on your own. c:
---
The Conduit 2 chat room is now up and running again.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23conduit2&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net
#3TheOmegaShenPosted 4/29/2013 12:40:58 PM
Welcome.
---
Believe in me who believes in you!
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#4cannonwe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 1:00:10 PM
No noob tubes or other annoying/spammy weapons? Sounds easy enough!
---
And that's it.
#5CarbonizerMikePosted 4/29/2013 1:02:03 PM
cannonwe posted...

Play the game how you like. You bought it, you're entitled to use whatever you want.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#6DerppopotamusPosted 4/29/2013 1:18:53 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
cannonwe posted...

Play the game how you like. You bought it, you're entitled to use whatever you want.

I suppose Mike is right in a way. The weapons you use don't define you, so you can use whatever you like. Just don't be bragging about how amazing you do against a bunch of newcomers while using an extremely easy weapon.
---
The Conduit 2 chat room is now up and running again.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23conduit2&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net
#7HungoverHero777Posted 4/29/2013 1:42:30 PM
Welcome! I go by Keith online. As for tips, jus go by what Derpy said. Use what you like, but noob tubes are for noobs. What's your IGN?
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#81PefrogPosted 4/29/2013 2:16:37 PM
I noticed that people liked me more when I stopped using reverse damage. Also, if you join a clan/team then matches usually ban SMAW, reverse damage, widow maker specialization, double ballistics, double explosives, and phase rifle signature hiding (or whatever it is called). Clan matches are few and far between now though.

Welcome.

dark^star
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#9_SignalPosted 4/29/2013 3:48:25 PM
Hahaha... I definitely like you more since you stopped using reverse damage, LOL...

j/k buddy.

Welcome to the board Cannonwe. Mostly, I agree with what Derpy says, just have fun. One of the things that I like about the game is that it's not slapping you across the face with your Kill-to-Death ratio every time you turn around.

My favorite map is Streets, because it's easy to navigate. Do you have a favorite yet?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#10cannonwe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 4:10:19 PM
1Pefrog posted...
I noticed that people liked me more when I stopped using reverse damage. Also, if you join a clan/team then matches usually ban SMAW, reverse damage, widow maker specialization, double ballistics, double explosives, and phase rifle signature hiding (or whatever it is called). Clan matches are few and far between now though.

Welcome.

dark^star

Dark*Star! I played a few matches against you about an hour ago! I was "Will", if you remember seeing that username.
---
And that's it.