Punchs Poll of the Day: Day 104 - Think we'll ever see another console Conduit?

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/15/2013 11:44:19 PM
Think we'll ever see another console Conduit game? - Results (22 votes)
Yep, an all new game!
36.36% (8 votes)
Yeah, but just eshop versions of the Conduit games
18.18% (4 votes)
Nope, they're gonna stick to mobile gaming
31.82% (7 votes)
No, just no...
13.64% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Yeah... its been awhile. Vote away!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/15/2013 11:48:47 PM
I will, but you probably wont.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#3PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 11:50:05 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Are you saying Im gonna be dead by then? Thats a long time... hopefully
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4Hawke0Posted 5/16/2013 4:19:40 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#5_SignalPosted 5/16/2013 4:43:28 AM
I think we will, but it might be a long time, and it could be a very different game.

Just look at what's happened to Star Trek. It started in the 60's as basically a disguised western, then in the 80's it was split into dramatic movies and TV soap opera. Now it's an action film franchise.

LOL, maybe by the time we see another Conduit, it'll be a licensed game. How ironic would that be?
---
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#6ChariloePosted 5/16/2013 10:19:14 AM
No. HVS needs to establish what Conduit is. Conduit 2 showed that HVS has no idea what they want to do with the Conduit series as they're drastically different from each other. If the original Conduit weapons weren't in the game, I would assume that Conduit 2 is an entirely new game as opposed to a sequel. The only thing that could save the series is a complete reboot. Until they do this, I don't see another Console Conduit ever coming out.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
#7_SignalPosted 5/16/2013 10:35:22 AM
There's obviously a fine line between changing too much and not changing enough when you're making a sequel.

It's bad if you change too much, like Chariloe says, because then you get a game that is so different from the original perhaps the fans of the original won't like it. Unfortunately, the flipside is that if you don't change enough, then you run the risk of being criticized for just trying to make a quick buck on the franchise name. (although I doubt that any Conduit franchise game developer will be accused of that, LOL).

Personally I like that C2 is so different. I've played TCon a little, and that's enough for me.

Bear in mind, I'm only talking about multiplayer.

I'd be happy if C3 was just some new multiplayer maps and weapons.
---
#8CarbonizerMikePosted 5/16/2013 10:42:16 AM(edited)
Chariloe posted...
No. HVS needs to establish what Conduit is. Conduit 2 showed that HVS has no idea what they want to do with the Conduit series as they're drastically different from each other. If the original Conduit weapons weren't in the game, I would assume that Conduit 2 is an entirely new game as opposed to a sequel. The only thing that could save the series is a complete reboot. Until they do this, I don't see another Console Conduit ever coming out.

I disagree with this. Conduit 1 was broken. Far more broken than this game (putting lag aside). Bunny hopping. Grenade spamming. Overpowered USP45. Letting people vote on others' weapons. Camping near ammo caches. The game is aggravating to say the least.

Conduit 2 fixed a lot of these problems. It made bunny hopping less useful and more manageable if you wanted to combat it. Grenade spamming was gone. USP45 was more properly balanced. No one could vote on my weapons and force a 20 minute marathon of glitched explosives.

Conduit 2 did retain important features from the first game. It retained the hip firing mechanics, the sci-fi theme and the weapons (some of the weapons, like the Deatomizer and Strike Rifle, weren't as good, and that's fair enough to argue). You could still jump and effectively traverse maps. It added a hardcore playlist so no one could complain about lock-on.

As for the story and the whole Duke Ford thing, I don't give a damn about that or the story. Remove Duke Ford or bring him back - I don't really care. Just come up with interesting level designs where I can make interesting choices (do I let the guard trip the alarm and then try to mow everyone down or do I try to stealth past everyone?).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#9PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 11:51:39 AM
Ah, this is like old times :)
---
#10_SignalPosted 5/16/2013 12:50:57 PM
The only thing missing is a good "rate the...." topic.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!