Sega and Nintendo are in an exclusives deal now

#11Hawke0Posted 5/21/2013 8:21:37 AM
like2nap posted...
LigersRule posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...
Nope, they only partnered with Nintendo to make some Sonic games.

You act like SEGA develops anything else these days? If SEGA put out a new, quality Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi, or (if there is a god) Shenmue, they would rake in the cash. But alas, it won't happen.

What do they make besides Sonic these days? The Conduit games were the only thing I can think of in recent memory that were worth a darn. Of course it is nearly 4am and I'm really tired and I'm not trying to think of any.

Crazy Taxi was the only thing you mentioned that I've heard of and I've been gaming longer than most kids on this board have been alive. Also it's 4am and I'm really tired and I might see a picture and go "Oh yeah! I remember that." So yeah I don't see those making a splash anytime soon. But Conduit 2 laid some groundwork. HVS are great at mastering the hardware. Very few Wii games looked as good as Conduit 2 that weren't made by Nintendo. It would be so great if they teamed up. I kinda doubt it will happen, but it would be awesomeness. HVS can lay the groundwork and do the graphics. Nintendo supervises and does their hardcore Q&A to eliminate all the bugs. It would come out 4 years from now lol, but it would be great. It could even be the Grinder.

On a side note, I would love to see a Red Steel sequel in HD on Wii U. I'm drooling now...

Fun fact: Red Steel 2, at times, ran at 85 frames per second.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#12LigersRulePosted 5/21/2013 9:01:00 AM
like2nap posted...
What do they make besides Sonic these days? The Conduit games were the only thing I can think of in recent memory that were worth a darn. Of course it is nearly 4am and I'm really tired and I'm not trying to think of any.

Crazy Taxi was the only thing you mentioned that I've heard of and I've been gaming longer than most kids on this board have been alive. Also it's 4am and I'm really tired and I might see a picture and go "Oh yeah! I remember that." So yeah I don't see those making a splash anytime soon. But Conduit 2 laid some groundwork. HVS are great at mastering the hardware. Very few Wii games looked as good as Conduit 2 that weren't made by Nintendo. It would be so great if they teamed up. I kinda doubt it will happen, but it would be awesomeness. HVS can lay the groundwork and do the graphics. Nintendo supervises and does their hardcore Q&A to eliminate all the bugs. It would come out 4 years from now lol, but it would be great. It could even be the Grinder.

On a side note, I would love to see a Red Steel sequel in HD on Wii U. I'm drooling now...

SEGA's development studios aren't doing almost anything at all besides Sonic these days. NiGHTS: Into Dreams was the last big one I can think of. Conduit and MadWorld were both SEGA Published, but they aren't Developed by SEGA's development studios (which, in this day and age, has pretty much boiled down to Sonic Team).

SEGA has pretty much phased out all their original IPs besides Sonic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
#13TheOmegaShenPosted 5/21/2013 11:32:12 AM
Total War, Football Manager, Spiral Knights, and Shinobi are still around. And while JSR is a pretty good game, the majority of people wouldn't really care about a sequel. Same with SC5, Crazy Taxi, and Shenmue.

As much as I want sequels to older and more obscure SEGA franchises, I can see why they only focus on Sonic nowadays. Sonic games sell and the quality of the series has improved over the years.
---
Believe in me who believes in you!
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#14like2nap(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 12:11:01 PM
Hawke0 posted...
like2nap posted...
LigersRule posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...
Nope, they only partnered with Nintendo to make some Sonic games.

You act like SEGA develops anything else these days? If SEGA put out a new, quality Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi, or (if there is a god) Shenmue, they would rake in the cash. But alas, it won't happen.

Fun fact: Red Steel 2, at times, ran at 85 frames per second.

I love turning my TV up to 240hz to play that game. It's SOOOO silky smooth.
#15like2nap(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 9:13:15 PM
LigersRule posted...
HVS has no relation to SEGA, besides the fact that SEGA published the Conduit series. This doesn't mean anything to HVS.

Lig with all his knowledge right there to crush a dream. :(