The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I like this game, but...

#1TheOmegaShenPosted 5/22/2013 7:17:35 AM
It annoys me when some of you guys act like none of its problems exist. There are a ton of issues that plague Conduit 2, such as the lag, connection problems, weapon imbalances, glitches, and controls. It's pretty hard for me to enjoy a game when everyone is teleporting or abusing cheap tactics. Maybe you guys have perfect connections and I have to upgrade mine, but I've never had a perfect match in this game.

Hopefully the next Conduit game can be much better, but I honestly don't see how anyone here can call this game perfect or even close to it. I don't even think it's fair to call this game "great". The multitude of issues in this game hold it back from being fantastic.

*Sigh* Maybe I've just raised my standards too high, I dunno. I really want to agree with the people who love this game, but...I just can't. I'll always love this board, but I can't say I love Conduit 2.
---
Believe in me who believes in you!
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/22/2013 7:30:06 AM
Well, the problem is, complaining about the game makes you look like a sore loser.
problems are underrepresented for the sake of the community.

Also, If you've never had a perfect connection.... Well, IDK.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#3games1256Posted 5/22/2013 8:14:52 AM(edited)
I would not call wanting a good running game expecting too much. I do not see why some people defend the game so much when it has it's fair share of problems. Even if the game was perfect and people still hated on the game there is still no reason to defend the game. It is pointless defending a game or company since the only thing a company wants is your money.
#4TheOmegaShen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 7:58:21 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Well, the problem is, complaining about the game makes you look like a sore loser.

I'd rather look like a sore loser than a blind worshipper of this game. The issues in this game need to be addressed, and complaining about them is one way to do it. It may not be the most effective way, but HVS may take notice sometimes.
---
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/22/2013 9:40:58 AM
TheOmegaShen posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

I'd rather look like a sore loser than a blind worshipper of this game. The issues in this game need to be addressed, and complaining about them is one way to do it. It may not be the most effective way, but HVS may take notice sometimes.

Nobody's a blind worshiper...
What can we say that hasn't been said 1000 times already?

I still send Emails to HVS, but around here its more worthwhile to put our time into improving the community.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#6LigersRulePosted 5/22/2013 10:00:58 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
complaining about the game makes you look like a sore loser.

I thought this was funny.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
#7CarbonizerMikePosted 5/22/2013 10:15:46 AM
TheOmegaShen posted...
It annoys me when some of you guys act like none of its problems exist. There are a ton of issues that plague Conduit 2, such as the lag, connection problems, weapon imbalances, glitches, and controls.

The lag is definitely an issue, but I haven't had too many problems aside from my own bad routers. The glitches are annoying, but they are actually less severe than the glitches in the first game. At least we don't have everyone using a rapid-fire SMAW which actually shoots rockets (here it only shoots Deatomizer shots). And our spawn glitch is easier to deal with. You don't have to sit through the entire match or turn off your system.

Those issues do deserve criticism for sure. But I find this game playable whereas the prior game is now unplayable for me.

I have never had issues with the controls. I have issues when I play Goldeneye (now those are some terrible controls). I'd like to know what control problems you're having.

It's pretty hard for me to enjoy a game when everyone is teleporting or abusing cheap tactics. Maybe you guys have perfect connections and I have to upgrade mine, but I've never had a perfect match in this game.

This is the only part I can't agree with Shen. If it's in the game you're allowed to use it. I know you have the skill to combat whatever loadouts people throw at you. Why you don't simply do this is beyond my understanding.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#8Numbuh100Posted 5/22/2013 12:19:19 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
It annoys me when some of you guys act like none of its problems exist. There are a ton of issues that plague Conduit 2, such as the lag, connection problems, weapon imbalances, glitches, and controls. It's pretty hard for me to enjoy a game when everyone is teleporting or abusing cheap tactics. Maybe you guys have perfect connections and I have to upgrade mine, but I've never had a perfect match in this game.

Hopefully the next Conduit game can be much better, but I honestly don't see how anyone here can call this game perfect or even close to it. I don't even think it's fair to call this game "great". The multitude of issues in this game hold it back from being fantastic.

*Sigh* Maybe I've just raised my standards too high, I dunno. I really want to agree with the people who love this game, but...I just can't. I'll always love this board, but I can't say I love Conduit 2.

Your connection is just horrible. Stop whining and fix your problem first.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#9TheOmegaShen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 12:53:45 PM
Lag wasn't the only problem that I listed, Numbah.

Finish reading the damn post before you comment.
---
#10_SignalPosted 5/22/2013 1:25:36 PM(edited)
One of the deals is that it only takes one really laggy player to drag down the whole lobby.

Last night I had some great matches going, then a couple of new players showed up and people started teleporting all over, while I was apparently stuck in quicksand.

It's a guaranteed Lag-a-thon if the lobby is near full. I don't even stick around in those.

Like Mike, I've never had issues with the controls, but I know a lot of people do complain about them. In fact, mine are pretty much set at the defaults.

I will say this, on Monday I managed to get on earlier than I usually play, around 8 p.m. CST and those were the most unplayable laggy matches that I've ever seen. But, those were pretty full lobbys.

Shen, you need to get in some private matches, in lobbies that aren't too full. Maybe 2v2s or 3v3s at the largest. If you're still unhappy with that, there may not be anything you can do.

When are you usually playing?
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226