I like this game, but...

#11Darcsen8Posted 5/22/2013 2:08:33 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
It annoys me when some of you guys act like none of its problems exist. There are a ton of issues that plague Conduit 2, such as the lag, connection problems, weapon imbalances, glitches, and controls. It's pretty hard for me to enjoy a game when everyone is teleporting or abusing cheap tactics. Maybe you guys have perfect connections and I have to upgrade mine, but I've never had a perfect match in this game.

Hopefully the next Conduit game can be much better, but I honestly don't see how anyone here can call this game perfect or even close to it. I don't even think it's fair to call this game "great". The multitude of issues in this game hold it back from being fantastic.

*Sigh* Maybe I've just raised my standards too high, I dunno. I really want to agree with the people who love this game, but...I just can't. I'll always love this board, but I can't say I love Conduit 2.

I don't think that the community "acts" that there are no problems with the game; rather the major part of the community has already accepted that the game has flaws. Since HVS stopped patching the game, to keep on complainig about it has no real goal anymore.

- Lag and Connection problems: well, every online game has lag problems. Unless the game company starts providing awesome internet to every consumer, it will always be a problem. Besides, lag usually occurs in full lobbies. Usually, when I'm in such rooms, either I lag out or a lot of other people lag out reducing the number of people to 6 or 8 and this almost fixes the lag problem that I have.

- Weapon Imbalances: It's how you look at it. In my opinion the game is balanced enough. Sure, I wish that certain weapons would work differently but everything can be countered in this game. The only imbalanced stuff is Reverse Damage <_< Nothing you can do against that. The only thing that comes close countering Reverse Damage is Hive Cannon, since the damage output is faster than the healing rate of 1 Rad. Grenade

- Glitches: what glitches are we talking about here? The Conduit is the glitching game :O but Conduit 2? Conduit 2 seems to be almost glitchfree to me besides the occasional invisible player or a player shooting from out of map locations.

- What's wrong with the controls? I'm still using the default set-up with only the rotation speed slightly altered.

I think the game is totally fine :X
#12Hawke0Posted 5/22/2013 2:43:54 PM(edited)
Wait, how do you update your review? I've wanted to update my TCon and C2 reviews for a while.

Also, complaining about cheap tactics is a show of your own lack of skill. Anything can be beaten perkless, and anything can be easily beaten with the appropriate perks. There's a difference between pointing out balance problems and complaining about how everything that you don't use is 'cheap'.

@Darcsen actually, RD is easily countered. Any one hit kill weapon, the carby, or even just running away. Sitting a distance away with the Aegis and waiting works fine too. Since returned shots do double damage and they'll probably stay still while in the rad grenade, it's pretty effective if you just catch three or four bullets.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#13CheslukPosted 5/22/2013 2:51:47 PM
Shen, I'm gonna let you in on a secret.

All of the sensible people are either gone or have given up on trying to rationalize with the fanboys.
---
"Hence C2 board all have high strung people who drink too much coffee and have thin skin." -Mindesyn
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg
#14LigersRulePosted 5/22/2013 3:46:05 PM
Chesluk posted...
All of the sensible people are either gone or have given up on trying to rationalize with the fanboys.

This.

But Chesluk.... 4 spoiler tags? seriously? 1 wouldn't have sufficed?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
#151PefrogPosted 5/22/2013 4:24:47 PM
Some of us just accept things the way they are.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#16CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/22/2013 4:31:25 PM
Chesluk posted...
Shen, I'm gonna let you in on a secret.

Oh Please -_-.

Thank you mr.sensible, for just insulting everybody on who still enjoys the game.

Sorry if putting up with your crap makes me a fanboy.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#17TheOmegaShen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 4:32:24 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Wait, how do you update your review? I've wanted to update my TCon and C2 reviews for a while.

You just re-submit your review with the updated information. They'll replace your old one with the new review.

And I was expecting a few people to blame this on my "lack of skill". I have no trouble doing well in lobbies, but I do have trouble having fun while playing.
---
Believe in me who believes in you!
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#18CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/22/2013 4:36:32 PM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
Chesluk posted...

This.

Why do you feel the need to unconditionally agree with absolutely everybody in your group?
You know its OK to be an individual.

And I guarantee you, they won't be hurt by it.

Ches is specifically and deliberately trying to cause trouble, don't encourage him.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#19Hawke0Posted 5/22/2013 5:12:54 PM
*gets popcorn*
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#20LigersRulePosted 5/22/2013 10:27:53 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Why do you feel the need to unconditionally agree with absolutely everybody in your group?
You know its OK to be an individual.

And I guarantee you, they won't be hurt by it.

Ches is specifically and deliberately trying to cause trouble, don't encourage him.

No, see, specifically and deliberately trying to cause trouble would be what you're doing right now. Ches is an ass, has always been an ass, and will always be an ass. Ches has pushed me closer to the brink of losing control than anybody ever. Ignore what he says and move on.

As for why I agreed with him? Ches has a point in that a lot of the people that made the choice to be honest about this game aren't here anymore, or at the very least don't argue about the quality of the game. Think about this. How often does Punch argue about the quality of this game? Never. Warrior? Long gone. Shader? I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead, though I hope not. He's been gone that long.

Everybody who has ever stopped and said "This game isn't perfect, and here is why" doesn't argue about these sorts of things. The sane ones (read: not Punch, me, or "My group") left a long time ago, while those of us who liked the community enough to stay (read: Punch, me, and "my group") don't EVER talk about the quality of this game. Wanna know why? This entire community is full of Fanboys and Yes Men. This game ISN'T GOOD. It's just the only thing that fits this niche. And so we're stuck with this PoS.

Next time you load up Conduit 2's multiplayer, think about everything during the match. Think about the linear multiplayer levels. There are pretty much 3 paths to get everywhere in the game, and people just move along those paths until they see an enemy, and then unload. Think about the weapon balance. Think about the meta-game. Think about the character animations. Think about the lack of any interesting features, despite the most creative genre in the history of everything.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames