I like this game, but...

#31CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/23/2013 8:08:56 AM
like2nap posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Good or bad, it beats the hell out of TCon. Which, in turn, is much better than CoD.

Define better? Take out the personal preference and subjective stuff and it's not better. From Black Ops onward COD has had far fewer actual problems that didn't get patched. You can like one more than the other, but Conduit 2 is not what I would call better.

Better IS personal preference and subjective stuff.

How come you can say what's better, and he can't?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#32TheOmegaShen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 8:42:07 AM
It's a fact that CoD is a much more well made game than Conduit though. Even though I hate those games, I can't deny that they are put together well.
---
Might controls everything.
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#33CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/23/2013 9:09:24 AM
TheOmegaShen posted...
It's a fact that CoD is a much more well made game than Conduit though. Even though I hate those games, I can't deny that they are put together well.

Agreed.
Unfortunately it seems nobody makes well put together games I actually like. Well, except Ninty, and a few others.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#34LigersRulePosted 5/23/2013 10:14:13 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
like2nap posted...

It was fun for a while, but the problems Lig mentioned killed it. Especially the lag, glitches, and the controls.

Lig didn't even mention any of those.
He mentioned balance, metagame, multiplayer level design, character animations, and a lack of any interesting features.

Those were in the OP, otherwise I would have included them.

I don't have a problem with anybody here, or anybody who plays the game. I played it too. It's fun. But there is a reason that I avoid talking about the quality of this game. Which is why when I quoted Chesluk saying this:

"All of the sensible people are either gone or have given up on trying to rationalize with the fanboys."

Because that's how I feel.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
#35PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/23/2013 11:07:23 AM
My personal opinion, alot of issues could be solved with better hardware. HVS really needs to try to get some form of Conduit on the WiiU, be it eshop rereleases or a whole new game, I dunno.

As far as imbalance goes... I dunno, my personal thought is that theres so many "OP" tactics that it all kinda balances out in a weird way. You have your choice of different, insanely powerful tactics so, really, no one should be throwing the "cheap player" card at anyone, as its so abundant thats its pretty much all fair game.

In the least, atleast Con2 was a big learning experience for HVS, and it could only help them in regards to balancing of future products. Heres hoping.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#36_SignalPosted 5/23/2013 2:03:51 PM
LigersRule posted...

"All of the sensible people are either gone or have given up on trying to rationalize with the fanboys."

Some people reinforce this argument very effectively.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#37Hawke0Posted 5/23/2013 2:05:23 PM
like2nap posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Good or bad, it beats the hell out of TCon. Which, in turn, is much better than CoD.

Define better?

1. Requiring some degree of skill
2. Actually having different guns
3. Having more than one type of enemy
4. Not being a PoS
5. Actually being A GAME, not an interactive movie.
I'd just like to point out that I'm just trying to throw more fuel on the fire. I love a good debate and a good argument that opposes with my opinion, but that's not going to happen considering who's involved on both sides. Chesluk alone ensures this argument would have the intelligence of two five year olds saying "no u" at best, so I'm not taking it seriously. But on a more serious note, you of all people shouldn't be telling me to think objectively, I copyrighted objective thought. Whereas you once said Black Ops 2 had no flaws, which is just wrong. All games, including Half Life 2, Red Steel 2, LOZ OoT, Metroid Prime and Super Metroid, Metal Gear Solid 3, etc - which are all much better than CoD - have flaws. Except for Chess and Tetris, of course.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#38Hawke0Posted 5/23/2013 2:11:49 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EyojLjUh5Q
*laughs*
TCon, yes. Post patch Conduit 2, more or less the same. C2 has more bugs, but BO2 is inherently broken. Quantity vs. Quality.

****, I need to stop being serious about this. *goes back to eating popcorn*.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#39CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/23/2013 2:22:43 PM
_Signal posted...
LigersRule posted...

Some people reinforce this argument very effectively.

This could mean just about anything....
I'm confused D:
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#40PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/23/2013 2:25:10 PM
_Signal posted...
I don't know anyone who defends every little thing wrong with the game. I think I'm one of the game's biggest fans and I don't even do that.

I've just accepted the problems, and moved on.

Sometimes there is a work-around for the problem, sometimes not.

There's no point in getting worked up about it, or insulting anyone for that matter.

Oh yeah, well Im insulting you! You... you... menace!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.