If you want to play without lag

#1_SignalPosted 5/27/2013 2:26:25 PM
I'm so tired of everyone complaining about the lag. It's really just starting to sound like an excuse.

If the lobby is full, you will almost certainly experience lag.
If your connection is unstable, you will have lag and/or disconnects.

But no, you do not always have lag or teleporting in pubs. This is completely untrue. I have played many many matches with 7 or 8 players without experiencing significant lag.

If you always experience lag in pubs no matter what size the lobby is, I have some potentially bad news. It's probably you. Maybe your connection is unstable, or someone else in your house is gobbling up your bandwidth. Maybe it's the time of day that you're playing. Try playing at a different time, and consider setting your Wii or WiiU up as DMZ in your router.

Also, this is exactly why we started playing 2v2 and 3v3 matches. They're small enough to virtually eliminate lag, while still being able to incorporate team play.

Use this place to organize private matches. That's what we're the best at.

When you organize a private match, make sure that everyone has everyone added. If the match is laggy, switch to another host. It helps to go to the mibbit chat if you can, because the communication there is immediate. Also it doesn't require much bandwidth.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#2TheOmegaShenPosted 5/27/2013 2:29:19 PM
Yeah, and I used to get tired of people overrating this game.

I had to learn to deal with it tho'...
---
Might controls everything.
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#3_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 2:33:56 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I'm trying to read between the lines.

Could yo be a little more clear?
---
#4TheOmegaShenPosted 5/27/2013 2:37:20 PM
_Signal posted...
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I'm trying to read between the lines.

Could yo be a little more clear?

I think that my point is very clear.
---
Might controls everything.
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#5_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 2:47:04 PM
I asked for a clarification and you gave me nothing.

It sounds like you're just telling me to be quiet and accept that people are going to complain about the lag, just like you have accepted that people are going to praise the game.

Let me point out that you have a long long way to go when it comes to accepting that people are going to praise the game. You can't even sit still when a single person praises it.

Also, if you've never had a single perfect match, as you mentioned in your other thread, doesn't it strike you as just a bit odd. I mean... if the game is so awful to you, why are people still playing it?

Are you the only one with the good sense to throw in the towel?

Any chance that you're having more trouble with lag than the rest of us? Have you tried playing at different times during the day, or in small private lobbies? Is your Wii setup as DMZ?

Have you done everything that you can to optimize your connection? Maybe you're one of the ones dragging everyone else in the match through the mud?

We haven't played in a pretty long time, but I don't remember you seeming particularly laggy to me.
---
#6HungoverHero777Posted 5/27/2013 2:52:29 PM
If the amount of people in the lobby I'm in gets above 8, I'm out.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#7B05S_BrennanPosted 5/27/2013 3:05:35 PM
Connection is a strange thing on Wii. I heard someone say something like "I wish C2's connection was as good for me as Super Smash Bros. or TCon" but for me, it's the exact opposite. Brawl lags like crazy for me, and TCon has awful hit detection. For C2 however, the connection is rarely unplayable for me, even in a full lobby. And my Wii only freezes about once a month (though it does D/C about once a week). I think Nintendo just has weird servers.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
(>^.^)>http://conduitwii.boards.net/<(^.^<)
#8Hawke0Posted 5/27/2013 3:14:25 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Connection is a strange thing on Wii. I heard someone say something like "I wish C2's connection was as good for me as Super Smash Bros. or TCon" but for me, it's the exact opposite. Brawl lags like crazy for me, and TCon has awful hit detection. For C2 however, the connection is rarely unplayable for me, even in a full lobby. And my Wii only freezes about once a month (though it does D/C about once a week). I think Nintendo just has weird servers.

Same for me, except I only have minor problems with TCon.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
Next gen in a nutshell: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/549/148/f29.gif
#9like2napPosted 5/27/2013 3:20:02 PM
_Signal posted...
I'm so tired of everyone complaining about the lag. It's really just starting to sound like an excuse.

If the lobby is full, you will almost certainly experience lag.

Well that sure is a flaw in game design.

Your talk of private matches makes this game tempting though. I still have my old profiles saved on my Wii. If I had more spare time I would buy it again just to play another FPS. All the games issues aside, if private matches help eliminate the lag it would make everything else much easier to put up with. I might get it one of these days just to play with some of y'all. Of course you could always come over to Black Ops 2!
#10_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 3:28:59 PM
sorry...playing right now... will post more later.
---