If you want to play without lag

#21_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 6:30:03 PM
I wish I could be more like KG, because I do get worked up about stuff sometimes.

I don't think they published the ports, so I just made mine DMZ. Sometimes I would run it wired directly to my modem. I'm not sure that it really made a discernible difference, but usually I think my connection is decent anyway.

I don't think my problem going back and forth between games comes from the frame rate. I have a very different play style in BOPS2. I tend to ADS and strafe a lot in BOPS. I really don't strafe that often in C2 (but Nightfire might say differently, LOL). I think I also play a lot more conservatively in BOPS2.

Anyway, we'll definitely play BOPS2.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226
#22Hawke0Posted 5/27/2013 6:37:59 PM
like2nap posted...
@Sig:

Going from Black Ops 2 to any Wii FPS game messes me up for a few matches. Playing at 60fps and then going to 30fps takes some adjusting time for me.

In a lag free game, doesn't Conduit 2 run at 60? I'm certain it's more than 30 at it's best, although it's probably around 35-40. CoD, online, is actually only ~45.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
Next gen in a nutshell: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/549/148/f29.gif
#23CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/27/2013 6:41:19 PM
like2nap posted...
Did anyone ever figure out which ports to forward for this game? If so, did anyone do it and did it help?

I don't think so.
Pretty sure we just have to DMZ to make sure we get all of them.

And my router only supports one DMZ :(
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#24xXAISPXxPosted 5/27/2013 7:38:59 PM
_Signal posted...
I asked for a clarification and you gave me nothing.

It sounds like you're just telling me to be quiet and accept that people are going to complain about the lag, just like you have accepted that people are going to praise the game.

Let me point out that you have a long long way to go when it comes to accepting that people are going to praise the game. You can't even sit still when a single person praises it.

Also, if you've never had a single perfect match, as you mentioned in your other thread, doesn't it strike you as just a bit odd. I mean... if the game is so awful to you, why are people still playing it?

Are you the only one with the good sense to throw in the towel?

Any chance that you're having more trouble with lag than the rest of us? Have you tried playing at different times during the day, or in small private lobbies? Is your Wii setup as DMZ?

Have you done everything that you can to optimize your connection? Maybe you're one of the ones dragging everyone else in the match through the mud?

We haven't played in a pretty long time, but I don't remember you seeming particularly laggy to me.

Daaaaaaang...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii
#25like2napPosted 5/28/2013 1:43:07 AM
Hawke0 posted...
like2nap posted...
@Sig:

Going from Black Ops 2 to any Wii FPS game messes me up for a few matches. Playing at 60fps and then going to 30fps takes some adjusting time for me.

In a lag free game, doesn't Conduit 2 run at 60? I'm certain it's more than 30 at it's best, although it's probably around 35-40. CoD, online, is actually only ~45.

45? Since when? And I didn't mean this game. I haven't played it since I got BLOPS2 I was mainly referring to COD on Wii U compared to COD on Wii. COD on Wii was 30 at best and it could take dips sometimes. It feels weird for the first match or so.

I thought C2 ran at 30 in MP and "attempted" 60 in the campaign but failed to hold on to that. I can't remember though. It's been a while since I played it. I know the campaign was inconsistent, but it sure did look good when it wasn't bogging down.
#26ReedeemerPosted 5/28/2013 5:20:20 PM
Reedeemer posted...
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
int YayNoLag=0;
int MatchPlayerCount=0;
int LeaveMatch=0;

cout<<"How many players, bro?";
cin>>MatchPlayerCount;

if ( MatchPlayerCount >6 || 3v3)
{
LeaveMatch+=1
cout<<"No Bueno, mi amigo.\n";
}

else
{
YayNoLag+=1
cout<<"Oui, nous devrions rester dans cette.\n";
}

system ("pause")
return 0;
}

Y'know what I mean?
lol
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#27Hawke0Posted 5/28/2013 5:35:36 PM
like2nap posted...
Hawke0 posted...
like2nap posted...
@Sig:

45? Since when? And I didn't mean this game. I haven't played it since I got BLOPS2 I was mainly referring to COD on Wii U compared to COD on Wii. COD on Wii was 30 at best and it could take dips sometimes. It feels weird for the first match or so.

I thought C2 ran at 30 in MP and "attempted" 60 in the campaign but failed to hold on to that. I can't remember though. It's been a while since I played it. I know the campaign was inconsistent, but it sure did look good when it wasn't bogging down.

I might just be crazy, but I thought it felt like - at its best online - better than TCons framerate, and didn't it have a consistent 30?
As for BO2, I remember hearing somewhere on the Wii U board that they run at the high-mid 40's online depending on the console, but it could be wrong. It's likely that it's wrong, considering the source.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
Next gen in a nutshell: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/549/148/f29.gif
#28Toho2Posted 5/28/2013 6:53:36 PM
I hardly have substantial lag. If it's a full lobby it still doesn't lag too much. Much smoother than C1 I tell you!
---
-Halo is the ultimate definition of being a Terminator.-
#29like2napPosted 5/28/2013 7:45:44 PM
Hawke0 posted...
like2nap posted...
Hawke0 posted...
like2nap posted...
@Sig:

I might just be crazy, but I thought it felt like - at its best online - better than TCons framerate, and didn't it have a consistent 30?
As for BO2, I remember hearing somewhere on the Wii U board that they run at the high-mid 40's online depending on the console, but it could be wrong. It's likely that it's wrong, considering the source.

BLOPS 2 online averages 60 with a hiccups here and there. Framerate stutters that are noticeable to your average person are quite rare but they do happen for split seconds at a time in certain situations. I guess in that respect you could say it's not always 60. Just most of the time. The Campaign fluctuates and that depends on the system. None of them hold on to 60fps in the campaign. Maybe that's what you read?

TCON was at best 30. I don't remember if it was consistent or not. I know C2 didn't run at 60. I thought it was 30 at it's worst and 45 at it's best. Again I can't remember for sure. I know it didn't fluctuate as much as the campaign did which seems to be the norm for FPS games.
#30CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/28/2013 8:10:30 PM
Framerate didn't bug me in Goldeneye 64, and it doesn't bug me today.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656