Why C3 Needs to Follow Suit After C2 and NOT C1/Halo

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/4/2013 5:08:09 PM
As fans of Conduit, we all want a Conduit 3, however some want more of C1 style, and some want C2's style, I'm on the fence of C2, why? Well, I will tell you, but let me cover my biases and history first.

BIASES AND HISTORY

First, I currently play Conduit 2 and CoD. I love CoDs style a lot as far as the amount of choices you have with loadouts, I hate Halo 1 - Reach style, and Halo 4 is good to me.

As far as my history is concered, my first FPS was Metroid Prime Hunters, my friend had told me about C1 so I got for Christmas, 2009. Played the HECK out of that game for LONG time. Up until CoD Black Ops Wii on Christ mas the following year, even then still played it a bit. Now C2 is here, didn't like it as much so I stopped playing as much until I forced my self to enjoy it: and it worked.

Now I play it just about everyday.

Now, on to my reasons.

REASONS

When people say that C3 should be like C1, youre tell me that weapons spawns and forced loadouts are GOOD. NO, I should be able to choose the weapons I want, all weapons, even annoying weapons like the SMAW, and the only reason why its used so much is because its OP, it justed needed a significate nerf, just look at CoD Black Ops 2's FAL select fire nerf, barely anyone uses it now. Why? Because it was a HUGE nerf to it. Same thing should of been done to the SMAW.

One arguement that people have about C1 being better is that more people play it over C2. So to them, it must better. WRONG, AGAIN.

C2 is less played (Which might not even be true) because that had MUCH fewer copies made, no advertisements except on the internet, plus reigion lock. Its no wonder why it feels less played than C1.

Also, people say that C2 is unorignal ands to be orignal and not copy CoD, however, with going to a more C1 focused game for C3, your just copying Halo, because C1 was just very simply put, Halo with motion controls. Also, your just going to end up copying Halo or CoD, and I rather copy CoD then Halo, because CoD is MUCH more secsessful, thats fact. Also, C2 didn't even play like CoD, if you were to throw a random CoD player to play C2, they would STILL think it was Halo. Heck, I played some C2 videos at school, people mistaked for Halo STILL. So if anything its still Halo with motion controls, but with CoD elements.

People need to wake up and think for a bit honestly. its ridiculous.

Anyway ,im out, post your opinions and comments.

~Cmo
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#2_SignalPosted 6/4/2013 5:15:59 PM
I agree with you on most of the points that you make.

Generally speaking I think the forced loadouts and weapon spawns really ruin the gameplay. It just sets up a situation where everyone tries to reach and camp at the weapon spawn point. Then there's a shootout, and one person emerges super overpowered.

However, I don't see any reason that a new conduit game couldn't have a "Classic" mode, which has those features like The Conduit (even the reticles). But I wouldn't be playing that much.

Something that people tend to forget is that most of the TCon guys gave up on the franchise. I don't think it would be a smart move to cater to a group of people that got mad and left.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#3xXAISPXxPosted 6/4/2013 5:30:23 PM
Great points you made. Very good. Not to mention but many of the things are updated in Conduit 2 and a Conduit 3 that looks like C1 would make it look old and déjà vu.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii
#4CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 5:31:34 PM
_Signal posted...
I agree with you on most of the points that you make.

Generally speaking I think the forced loadouts and weapon spawns really ruin the gameplay. It just sets up a situation where everyone tries to reach and camp at the weapon spawn point. Then there's a shootout, and one person emerges super overpowered.

However, I don't see any reason that a new conduit game couldn't have a "Classic" mode, which has those features like The Conduit (even the reticles). But I wouldn't be playing that much.

Something that people tend to forget is that most of the TCon guys gave up on the franchise. I don't think it would be a smart move to cater to a group of people that got mad and left.

Good points there. Very true.
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#5HC-GabePosted 6/4/2013 5:37:51 PM
Heck, I just want C3! I don't have TCon so I have no idea what you guys are talking about :b
---
"I AM THE LORD OF DOODLE LAND! I'm so evil. :b" -Gabe&
#6HC-GabePosted 6/4/2013 5:38:28 PM
I don't have Halo or CoD either
---
#7_SignalPosted 6/4/2013 6:44:01 PM
In TCon, you don't make loadouts. Each match has a voting process where the players vote on a set of weapons, for example Near/Far. In Near/Far the weapons might be the SPAS and the Scar. Everyone gets the same weapons, and somewhere in the map a special weapon, like perhaps the SMAW will appear.

They fight for that weapon and someone winds up with it.

From the interview link posted a few days ago, HVS said that the weapon sets and voting process was put into place out of necessity and wasn't really a design choice.

It's interesting that so many TCon fans identify with that aspect with the game.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#8ChariloePosted 6/4/2013 7:25:40 PM(edited)
In my opinion, It should go back to its core, meaning it should have the feel of the first game, but not be exactly like the first game; An innovation of TCon's core gameplay, basically.

Weapon sets don't have to exist, but they could be there for a classic TCon playlist or something. Loadouts are fine if they're balanced, but spawning with EVERY WEAPON is a bad thing. Weapons like rockets, shotguns, big lasers, Snipers and LMGs need to be pick-ups because of how strong they are. Weapon spawns encourage map control, and help in learning ways to maneuver the map to get to them faster. It's fair game because there would only be a select few on the map, and anyone can get them.
Loadouts could have SMGs, Pistols, Assault Rifles, and Precision Rifles with a few upgrades that aren't gamebreaking like faster reload, infinite sprint, etc. Chargeable weapons that are one shot to kill should take a while to charge up, and consume over half of the gun's clip (NO CAPACITOR).

Reticules need to return and ADS isn't necessary. Weapons that require precision suffer from hip fire shooting because of the bloom that the crosshairs cause when jumping and walking, and ADS feels a bit awkward... This also makes strafing somewhat more tedious than it needs to be. In TCon, I liked how I wasn't forced to use the scope for the weapons if I didn't have to because I knew where my shots were going. Bloom should only be in weapons with fast rates of fire ONLY when you're shooting. Not when walking.

Jumping should be restored to its previous height for platforming purposes (A lot of people complained about this early in C2's lifespan, and wanted a perk to increase jump height). I know bunny hopping is a concern, but it's inevitable; even with a lower jump height, it still exists.

Sprinting needs to be tweaked so that you slow down when you're shot. It's too easy to get away from someone and can be considered a get out of jail free card.

Ammo crates need to leave. They were such a huge problem in TCon for 'nade spamming and youl would have infinite ammo for power weapons.

Instant kill boundaries need to be placed outside of maps so that glitchers will instantly die of they manage to go outside of the map.

Lock-on needs to go, but make the aim-assist higher so that it's not so disorienting to control the Wii-Mote. X and Y views for the Wii-Mote should also make a return. Regular controllers should be worth using so that people who enjoy using dual analog sticks aren't alienated.

A ranking system needs to be put in that actually shows your skill, and matches you up with people of similar skill, and rank shouldn't be extremely easy to gain. I remember in TCon that when I saw someone with the Final ASE rank, I'd be in for a challenge because getting such a rank was so hard to do unless you were good at the game, this was at least before glitchers got really out of hand.

Maps should have more interactive parts put into it. Crash site is an awesome example of how this can be done. They don't have to necessarily be hazards. They could be buttons or things you shoot/hit that open up a new passageway, a new part of the map, or a shortcut. There should be several maps that cater to all playstyles, and a few that cater to specific playstyles. Maps should be unique, and not ripped from the campaign. some can be inspired by levels in the campaign, but they can't be carbon copies of campaign levels. TCon did it right with its maps. Not one is a carbon copy of a campaign level. The most inventive maps of TCon were infirmary, because it's inspired by a very small portion of the 3rd level, and Warehouse ,which was inspired by the radio broadcasts of people trapped inside of a warehouse during the events of TCon.

A party system would be awesome so that I could join with my friends and actually be on their team when I play a match.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
#9ChariloePosted 6/4/2013 7:38:42 PM(edited)
Part 2:

Playlists should be organized into their own categories. Not as enormous grab bags as they are in C2. TCon had it right by separating the game modes into 3 playlists: Free For All, Team Reaper, and Team objective. This was nice and it enabled you to play what you wanted to play. However, it can be further expanded. There could be playlists for individual gametypes and there could be grab bag type playlists. Some playlists could be more competitive than others, and there could even be categories of playlists to separate the competitive playlists from the casual playlists. Fun gametypes like balloon battle and bounty hunter could be in a playlist specifically for those types of games. On a side note, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch should go back to being called Reaper and Team Reaper. Reaper was and still is something unique to TCon, and it helps differentiate it form other FPSs.

Character customization was on the right track in Conduit 2, but many of the armor pieces looked too similar, and some models didn't have enough. Instead of buying armor in a shop, it should be unlocked by earning it by either reaching a certain rank or completing achievements and commendations. Colors should be there from the start, and instead of having a very basic selection of colors, it should go back to TCon's color bar for every armor piece.

Clan and service tags should be implemented as well just as an extra touch of customization or if you want to represent your clan.

I could go on, but I'm getting tired of typing all of this, haha.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
#10HC-GabePosted 6/4/2013 7:52:12 PM
Chariloe posted...
In my opinion, It should go back to its core, meaning it should have the feel of the first game, but not be exactly like the first game; An innovation of TCon's core gameplay, basically.

Weapon sets don't have to exist, but they could be there for a classic TCon playlist or something. Loadouts are fine if they're balanced, but spawning with EVERY WEAPON is a bad thing. Weapons like rockets, shotguns, big lasers, Snipers and LMGs need to be pick-ups because of how strong they are. Weapon spawns encourage map control, and help in learning ways to maneuver the map to get to them faster. It's fair game because there would only be a select few on the map, and anyone can get them.
Loadouts could have SMGs, Pistols, Assault Rifles, and Precision Rifles with a few upgrades that aren't gamebreaking like faster reload, infinite sprint, etc. Chargeable weapons that are one shot to kill should take a while to charge up, and consume over half of the gun's clip (NO CAPACITOR).

Ammo crates need to leave. They were such a huge problem in TCon for 'nade spamming and youl would have infinite ammo for power weapons.

Instant kill boundaries need to be placed outside of maps so that glitchers will instantly die of they manage to go outside of the map.

Lock-on needs to go, but make the aim-assist higher so that it's not so disorienting to control the Wii-Mote. X and Y views for the Wii-Mote should also make a return. Regular controllers should be worth using so that people who enjoy using dual analog sticks aren't alienated.

A ranking system needs to be put in that actually shows your skill, and matches you up with people of similar skill, and rank shouldn't be extremely easy to gain. I remember in TCon that when I saw someone with the Final ASE rank, I'd be in for a challenge because getting such a rank was so hard to do unless you were good at the game, this was at least before glitchers got really out of hand.

A friends system would be awesome so that I could join with my friends and actually be on their team when I play a match.

I disagree with all the quotes I left in this post. I agree with all the quotes I deleted from this post. Glitchers that go outside the map for fun are just exploring. By setting instakill boundaries, your ruining the fun for them. I also think that we shouldn't need armory for two primarys.
---