Why C3 Needs to Follow Suit After C2 and NOT C1/Halo

#11ChariloePosted 6/5/2013 2:28:13 AM
HC-Gabe posted...
Chariloe posted...
In my opinion, It should go back to its core, meaning it should have the feel of the first game, but not be exactly like the first game; An innovation of TCon's core gameplay, basically.

Weapon sets don't have to exist, but they could be there for a classic TCon playlist or something. Loadouts are fine if they're balanced, but spawning with EVERY WEAPON is a bad thing. Weapons like rockets, shotguns, big lasers, Snipers and LMGs need to be pick-ups because of how strong they are. Weapon spawns encourage map control, and help in learning ways to maneuver the map to get to them faster. It's fair game because there would only be a select few on the map, and anyone can get them.
Loadouts could have SMGs, Pistols, Assault Rifles, and Precision Rifles with a few upgrades that aren't gamebreaking like faster reload, infinite sprint, etc. Chargeable weapons that are one shot to kill should take a while to charge up, and consume over half of the gun's clip (NO CAPACITOR).

Ammo crates need to leave. They were such a huge problem in TCon for 'nade spamming and youl would have infinite ammo for power weapons.

Instant kill boundaries need to be placed outside of maps so that glitchers will instantly die of they manage to go outside of the map.

Lock-on needs to go, but make the aim-assist higher so that it's not so disorienting to control the Wii-Mote. X and Y views for the Wii-Mote should also make a return. Regular controllers should be worth using so that people who enjoy using dual analog sticks aren't alienated.

A ranking system needs to be put in that actually shows your skill, and matches you up with people of similar skill, and rank shouldn't be extremely easy to gain. I remember in TCon that when I saw someone with the Final ASE rank, I'd be in for a challenge because getting such a rank was so hard to do unless you were good at the game, this was at least before glitchers got really out of hand.

A friends system would be awesome so that I could join with my friends and actually be on their team when I play a match.

I disagree with all the quotes I left in this post. I agree with all the quotes I deleted from this post. Glitchers that go outside the map for fun are just exploring. By setting instakill boundaries, your ruining the fun for them. I also think that we shouldn't need armory for two primarys.

Party system*

I have to severely disagree with you on the glitchers part. A player is not supposed to be able to go out of map, while it is neat to see stuff out of map, it can be used in malicious ways. I've seen first hand that people don't just explore when they glitch out of map. They use it to their advantage and cheat. This is one of the things that ruined TCon, and it would have killed C2 if the population was higher. The kill boundaries would be placed to prevent this sort of thing from happening again or at least make it less likely to happen. Both weapons without armory would be cool, but at the same time, it would ruin organization of weapons in loadouts. People wouldn't want to use the secondaries if they could spawn with another primary right off the bat. It's an interesting idea, but I just don't think it could work.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
#12HC-GabePosted 6/5/2013 4:32:33 AM
Party system*

I have to severely disagree with you on the glitchers part. A player is not supposed to be able to go out of map, while it is neat to see stuff out of map, it can be used in malicious ways. I've seen first hand that people don't just explore when they glitch out of map. They use it to their advantage and cheat. This is one of the things that ruined TCon, and it would have killed C2 if the population was higher. The kill boundaries would be placed to prevent this sort of thing from happening again or at least make it less likely to happen. Both weapons without armory would be cool, but at the same time, it would ruin organization of weapons in loadouts. People wouldn't want to use the secondaries if they could spawn with another primary right off the bat. It's an interesting idea, but I just don't think it could work.
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
My reply:
Actually a C2 party is when everyone messes around in a private match. Look at my last few topics
---
"I AM THE LORD OF DOODLE LAND! I'm so evil. :b" -Gabe&
#13Hawke0Posted 6/5/2013 6:26:01 AM
There shouldn't be power weapons, and aside from the Carbonizer there aren't.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
Next gen in a nutshell: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/549/148/f29.gif
#14ChariloePosted 6/5/2013 10:42:34 AM
Hawke0 posted...

K.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
#15xXAISPXxPosted 6/5/2013 10:52:51 AM
Did anyone notice HVSTony?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii
#16CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 11:54:46 AM
Hawke0 posted...

Yes, no "going back to its roots" etheir.
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#17CarbonizerMikePosted 6/5/2013 12:20:24 PM
Glitchers should definitely be killed for going outside the map. It's not a matter of private matches. It's the fact that people will exploit glitches in public matches and ruin the game. Get rid of glitches. There is no excuse whatsoever for allowing them. It was not "fun" or "creative" to fuse weapons in the first game. It was game-breaking and cheap.

Ammo caches should not come back. Leave them out.

I don't think you should get rid of lock on. It's what this game is known for, and if you get rid of it (while keeping the basic game engine in place), you'll lose a lot of potential customers because it is extremely difficult to aim in both games without lock on. It's not friendly to newcomers at all (not with either game's hit detection), and I for one do not want to alienate potential newcomers. Just keep a hardcore playlist.

I don't know how to balance dual analog in this series. HVS will have to figure that out.

Team Deathmatches and objective modes should be broken up like they were before, but with categories for standard and hardcore.

You might want to get rid of the revival system except for shared stock (if you did that mode again). But it's not a big deal if you keep it. ASE Basketball is the least popular objective mode, so that needs to be reworked.

I'm indifferent to control points. Might be more balanced without them, but whatever.

Do NOT bring back the old jump height. That was just ridiculous and devolved every gun fight into bunny hop/USP45 spam. It's annoying, and it sucks. Keep the current jump height. Don't increase it. There's a reason other FPS players look at this series and think of it as two idiots just hopping around each other with lock on.

Keep the bloom, but let people change the look of their reticules (I think Call of Duty does this). Bloom makes bunny hoppers pay a price, and it needs to stay that way. Don't encourage bunny hopping.

"Power" weapons aren't a problem. Neither are shotguns (they're a staple in FPS games). A shotgun has to be within a certain range to land a one-hit kill, and you can't miss. I don't see the problem. Do not make any of these weapons pick-ups. How do you think dug would like it if every match he had to pick up his Dark Star from across the map? It's stupid and annoying. HVS even admitted it wasn't a tactical decision. Keep those stupid weapon pick-ups out.

I don't care about "map control." It's a pointless concept. What you're saying is I should have to fight with a weapon I don't want just to get the weapon I do want. Screw that. Give my damn weapon and send me on my way. I don't even care if you give the other guy a SMAW. Just give me perks to combat that (make sure the perk isn't partially broken either, like the way explosive focus affects shotguns and the HVS45).

You might want to reduce run speed just a bit if it's a problem that people can escape from gunfights.

I kind of like the ADS. Before this game was released I was afraid that it wouldn't work with this series, but I was wrong. It worked great. Just don't turn the game into Call of Duty where you need ADS at close/mid range.

I actually like most of HVS's map designs. They're simple and fun (even Precipice, except for the fact that it's glitched and has terrible, droning background music).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#18xXAISPXxPosted 6/5/2013 12:24:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 12:32:42 PM
Mike the nail on the head.
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#20EffinNinjuPosted 6/5/2013 2:51:13 PM
I don't want to be that guy that sits here and goes over a lot of Cmo's bias and whatnot. Look guys honestly Conduit 2 was alot like CoD it is staring you in the face wether you want to believe that or not.

Honestly forced weapon spawns and weapons spawning on map are far from a bad thing. Look at Call of Duty. The only real thing you needed to learn in that game is the spawn system, once you know that as long as you have index fingers and can grasp the concept of point and hold down the trigger you were fine.

Conduit 2 kinda works the same way.First off i would never be satisfied losing a 49-49 game because someone spawed with rockets and explosive focus, or tpc launcher and explosive focus or because they spawned with scar/pistol and all the ballistics boosts. Honestly eve though i could have done the same it leaves a lot of that core skill to chance.

Conduit 2 turned the great and amazing game we love into a game that basically calls upon you knowing which upgrades will make you more OP than the next guy. Now Cmo will say "thwy just had to nerf it..." But honestly how much can nerving be done before the item itself comes off as pointless to use. Some things have to variably outshine others. Thats how they stay relevant.

Now back to my point weapon spawns on map go like this right. It teaches you to master maps and get a better knowledge of the gme such as when its going to spawn where it will spawn and how to time properly to keep your opponents off of it so that your team manages great map control. Let's take Conduit 1 Streets. Each team of 6 has 1 kid that mastered the rocket glitch. If you know that rockets spawn every 2+ min or so you can ensure that with the right strat your team will have rockets and ultimately win as long as the other team doesn't gt a chance. In a more plausable circumstance you can control snipe (strike rifle) or even more power weapons such as carb and shrieker. to give your team an edge. Now set weapons to spawn with aren't bad because it gives everyone a definite even playing field off start MEANING THE ONLY THING THAT SETS YOU AND ME APART AT THAT POINT IN TIME WHEN YOU SPAWN AND SEE ME CROSS MAP IS YOUR SHOT. IF MY SHOT IS BETTER IF MY SKILL IS BETTER I WILL WIN AND VISA VERSA.

Thats just a tip of my point and beliefs I had a conversation with HVS that Cmo will probably be a douche and call biassed. Please understand i noted all my acttual biased points and i also am using Halo as a reference as my fellow gamer here so adequately put it Conduit 1 was Wii's Halo. Therefore i think the references are just. If you'd like to see my conversation with Kerry Sheller of HVS go to this link. I hope after reading you will agree the Conduit needs to go back to its core be original and follow after the first game gameplay mechanics etc wise. Thank you for your time! (In case you don't figure it out my way is option 1 in the poll)

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/my-discussion-with-hvs-high-voltage-software-about-the-future-of-the-conduit-series.453065533/#post-474699743