Why C3 Needs to Follow Suit After C2 and NOT C1/Halo

#51kilfrfunPosted 6/6/2013 12:17:33 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
kilfrfun posted...
Hawke0 posted...
There are actually kids who think Halo was the first shooter?

No, it clearly wasn't. It was just the first big one. Halo 2 dominated Xbox live. It's all people got the original Xbox for and it was the only thing most people played.

That was a first.

That's not true even if you're limiting yourself to home consoles. Goldeneye matched and probably even outsold Mario Kart 64. I think it was the second highest selling game behind Super Mario 64.

And on PCs, well, as you all know, Doom was quite popular, not to mention all those shooters in the 90s that preceded Halo.

Halo was a popular shooter, but you overstate what it did.

Yes but Halo 2 was #1 selling in it's time and broke records.

I may be overstating it, but it is my favorite game.
Yes I am biased about the game.
---
We need Dinos
#52ChariloePosted 6/6/2013 7:51:44 PM
kilfrfun posted...
Chariloe posted...
kilfrfun posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Yeah. I think Halo 4 is the only one that was good.

Halo 4 was the worst!

It all went downhill after 3...

Halo 4's actually getting better now.

Slowly. Team Throwdown didn't last long enough. The population count is stupid.

And Halo 3 is almost dead, which is really sad to see.

Halo 2 officially died in Feburary which I enjoyed seeing it end with a bang (20 people was the highest player count.)

Halo 4 is the only thing left besides Reach which is so inconsistent it's silly.

I'd like to play with you sometime.
Gamertag? I'm x edbagel x

I agree, oh and my gamertag is Chariloe, lol.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
#53_SignalPosted 6/7/2013 5:53:39 AM
EffinNinju posted...

I understand what you're saying and you make some good points, but on the weapon spawn and weapon voting, I just don't agree.

First of all, I'm not protesting because I rely heavily on spawning with the exotic weapons. I love the Scar and USP. In fact, they're my main loadout and In truth, the Scar and USP are both very good against pretty much every other weapon in both HC and GB modes. I can Equip Explosive Focus and go toe to toe with most SMAW users with them. I can't quite go toe to toe with Ventus in HC, but I can in GB. But, Ventus is not "most" SMAW users. Ventus has spent a long time honing his SMAW skills; the kind of skills you can only get from playing in a ton of crowded matches, and not in small private ones. And while I sometimes want to have a tiny fit when he gets me by surprise, I have great respect for him.

It's not a question of whether or not it's too much trouble for me to go to the weapon spawn point or not. You're totally right when you say it contributes to a "massive skill gap," and I think that in itself is a terrible problem, and one of the main reasons I don't like it. If anything this game needs more things to reduce the skill gap, making it easier for new players to be competitive, so that they don't give up.

It can be an impossibly frustrating game for newcomers. I applaud everyone who sticks it out.

C2 isn't a competitive game like CoD at all, and I for one am glad of it. I'm glad that I have to break out a calculator to determine my KDR. I guess it would be ok if it was different, but I think the fun-factor would definitely drop if people got more serious like those guys "over there."

Anyway, one simple solution is as I said before; include a "Classic" game mode that plays like TCon with the old TCon maps, but perhaps include the character customization from C2. I think if it was looking beautiful in HD, and was glitch-free and protected from hackers, the old guard would come back to play.

They might even play other modes beside Classic, and who knows, they might grow to like it, or even love it.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#54CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 5:22:40 PM
_Signal posted...
EffinNinju posted...

I understand what you're saying and you make some good points, but on the weapon spawn and weapon voting, I just don't agree.

First of all, I'm not protesting because I rely heavily on spawning with the exotic weapons. I love the Scar and USP. In fact, they're my main loadout and In truth, the Scar and USP are both very good against pretty much every other weapon in both HC and GB modes. I can Equip Explosive Focus and go toe to toe with most SMAW users with them. I can't quite go toe to toe with Ventus in HC, but I can in GB. But, Ventus is not "most" SMAW users. Ventus has spent a long time honing his SMAW skills; the kind of skills you can only get from playing in a ton of crowded matches, and not in small private ones. And while I sometimes want to have a tiny fit when he gets me by surprise, I have great respect for him.

It's not a question of whether or not it's too much trouble for me to go to the weapon spawn point or not. You're totally right when you say it contributes to a "massive skill gap," and I think that in itself is a terrible problem, and one of the main reasons I don't like it. If anything this game needs more things to reduce the skill gap, making it easier for new players to be competitive, so that they don't give up.

It can be an impossibly frustrating game for newcomers. I applaud everyone who sticks it out.

C2 isn't a competitive game like CoD at all, and I for one am glad of it. I'm glad that I have to break out a calculator to determine my KDR. I guess it would be ok if it was different, but I think the fun-factor would definitely drop if people got more serious like those guys "over there."

Anyway, one simple solution is as I said before; include a "Classic" game mode that plays like TCon with the old TCon maps, but perhaps include the character customization from C2. I think if it was looking beautiful in HD, and was glitch-free and protected from hackers, the old guard would come back to play.

They might even play other modes beside Classic, and who knows, they might grow to like it, or even love it.

This right here, awesome.
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc
#55EffinNinjuPosted 6/8/2013 8:45:02 AM
_Signal posted...
EffinNinju posted...

I am currently peparing for an upcoming tournament so I had to skim this but I do get a lot of your points. However allow me to put this in a slightly more enlightening way.

When I mention a skill gap, that skill gap is born from the concept of actually learn which is accessible to all players simply by them playing a lot over time. Conduit 1/Halo and even CoD can all be picked up and played by just about anyone its just as far as a competitive optimization goes you have to try more. Anyone who doesn't know these competitive things honestly can find them out in a heartbeat as well. So in essence it actually isnn't that frustrating. People can easily pick up on common trends and ideas just by listening to people they play with.

As a side note im not for weapon voting. I didn't like that at all. Once again I'm not against load outs. But essentially lets say they do without it. I would want loadouts not to be voted on just already decided. For example Halo 3 MLG Playlist or Team BR's obviously you spawn with the BR. but in something like team slayer you only spawn with Assault Rifle/Pistol combo. That is what I would prefer because voting only lads to unwanted situations (If you remember C1's explosive matches you know what I mean)
#56EffinNinjuPosted 6/8/2013 8:46:15 AM
_Signal posted...
EffinNinju posted...

(Continued)
With that said a skill gap isn't bad. Honestly think about it when you play someone significantly better than you. Honestly you want to get that good if not better, the skill gap will ensue a reason for people to really push themselves. It isn't something so ridiculously hard that o one can get it, but it is intricate enough to make a difference when seeing who is a really good player and an average or amateur player.Conduit already had a decent skill gap, It doesn't need to even go higher than what it was. Keep the game accessible while keeping skill differences strong.

Lastly private matches are expandable any skill you can earn in a pub you can honestly earn even faster in a private wether its y yourself, full of friends, or what have you. Customs are where a lot of things are learned so be sure to remember that and all ^____^
I appreciate you and your arguments. Hope you can see why it actually isn't that bad to go the route I am suggesting. I mean in the long run I just want the two games meshed with just a more original conduit playstyle is all. Who knows what can happen or what we may see. Maybe some mode for a more C2 kind of feel, maybe a C2 gamestyle options for customs maybe just a competitive Conduit 1 style playlist anythings possible. I just think as a whole it should go back to its originality and its core formula. You are appreciated thank you sir (I actually wound up reading your post)
#57Hawke0Posted 6/8/2013 8:52:44 AM
don't see why you said "even CoD". CoD is the least competitive shooter out there.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
Next gen in a nutshell: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/549/148/f29.gif
#58ChariloePosted 6/8/2013 12:04:22 PM
Hawke0 posted...
don't see why you said "even CoD". CoD is the least competitive shooter out there.

He used it as an example that it can be picked up and played by anyone, not as an example for a competitive atmosphere.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
#59Toho2Posted 6/8/2013 7:55:10 PM
I agree with Cmol 100% I don't want to start another WW, but these are my personal options. I hate C1. It has no loadouts, no customization, no new ideas, sluggy colors, slow gameplay, and worse: major glitches on every level. The only DECENT things about it currently is no region-lock and the serious campaign. Now C2 is a much better game. It has modern aspects in it (sprint, loadouts, character customization etc) and new weapons, and better graphics. C2 is more COD-like, and that's a very good thing. C3 needs to follow in the same footsteps.
---
-Godzilla blows stuff up. That's why he's good.-
#60like2napPosted 6/9/2013 3:06:13 PM
Hawke0 posted...

Yet they are trying to make it all MLG legit. While giving any noob crazy aim assist and LMG's with
target finder. SMH.