C/D control points are a better way to encourage map control than OP weapons.

#11CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/9/2013 9:13:32 AM
Chariloe posted...
Meh, Control points offer the placebo effect. Contrary to what anyone says, getting the damage or health control point doesn't do much to your performance. The only one that matters more is speed because it gives the opposing team access to shortcuts since the other team's speed is lower. Control points just take away a very small amount of your team's default stats, and when you capture one, it brings it back. Control points could be a way of map control if they actually did anything significant, but even if they did, giving the ENTIRE team such a huge edge could prove problematic as opposed to one person on the team picking up a single rocket launcher that spawns once or twice a match. Idk, just my two cents.

You couldn't be more wrong.
The speed control point in particular is huge.
Even when there are no shortcuts.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#12CmoIsDaNam3Posted 6/9/2013 10:04:19 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Chariloe posted...
Meh, Control points offer the placebo effect. Contrary to what anyone says, getting the damage or health control point doesn't do much to your performance. The only one that matters more is speed because it gives the opposing team access to shortcuts since the other team's speed is lower. Control points just take away a very small amount of your team's default stats, and when you capture one, it brings it back. Control points could be a way of map control if they actually did anything significant, but even if they did, giving the ENTIRE team such a huge edge could prove problematic as opposed to one person on the team picking up a single rocket launcher that spawns once or twice a match. Idk, just my two cents.

You couldn't be more wrong.
The speed control point in particular is huge.
Even when there are no shortcuts.

Yes, esp the damage control point, that 13% of extra damage does A LOT of things that makes weapons very strong.
---
Creativity, More, Often.
K I L L, a Conduit 2 Dualtage, IS OUT, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQMWdPctqc