Can we settle this?

#1HC-GabePosted 6/11/2013 1:01:35 PM
According to TPRTV, messing around is only for private matches. Because I am only a Lv. 20, I can't make poll/survey topics, so I will ask the question(s) here:
(1) Do you think messing around is appropriate for both public and private matches? (yes/no question)
(2) Why did you choose that answer? (details are recommended)
Please comment your answers, details, thoughts, and any other additional info on this topic. Thanks for participating! I will be keeping score of yes/no answers.
---
"ADHD stands for Awesomeness Degree in High Definitio- SQUIRL!!!" -Gabe& (aka The Lord of Doodle Land)
#2Symphonia46Posted 6/11/2013 1:14:01 PM
(1) Depends.

(2) Sometimes if everyone is okay with that on their team, some people want to win and some people don't even try and play a game for what it's worth. Most messing around is for Private Matches though.
---
"Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?" -Phoenix Wright
http://i.imgur.com/9UUJ0.jpg
#3CarbonizerMikePosted 6/11/2013 1:24:07 PM
You can't tell others how to play the game, and even if you try, they'll just laugh at you and keep doing what they're doing.

If people screwing around bothers you (meaning they're not fighting back), then why not kill them over and over and get a free Reign of Terror? Or just turn off the game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#4HC-Gabe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 1:28:43 PM
Y:1(?)
N:1
---
"ADHD stands for Awesomeness Degree in High Definitio- SQUIRL!!!" -Gabe& (aka The Lord of Doodle Land)
#5HC-Gabe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 1:29:10 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
You can't tell others how to play the game, and even if you try, they'll just laugh at you and keep doing what they're doing.

If people screwing around bothers you (meaning they're not fighting back), then why not kill them over and over and get a free Reign of Terror? Or just turn off the game.

Is that a yes to Q1?
---
#6CarbonizerMikePosted 6/11/2013 1:39:35 PM
HC-Gabe posted...
CarbonizerMike posted...

Is that a yes to Q1?

I'm saying that asking whether something is "appropriate" is pointless because you can't play the game "wrong" to begin with (aside from cheating, i.e., using hacks).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#7Toho2Posted 6/11/2013 1:49:50 PM
With friends it's okay but playing the game right comes first.
---
-I like explosive stuff and to set things on fire!-
#81PefrogPosted 6/11/2013 1:51:58 PM
I don't really like messing around, but I have learned a lot from it. I play this game for the competitive aspect. If there is a public match with messing around and that is the only match that I can get connected to then that is the only time that I get a little frustrated. Otherwise I don't care. I guess count me as a no and a yes.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#9MindesynPosted 6/11/2013 4:55:41 PM
If I didnt mess around, I wouldnt of found out half the stuff out in the game. Trying a new loadout is messing around. Stage teching is messing around. I agree with Mike, just do what you want. You wanna get mad at a teammate for messing around. Thats too bad.
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Mindesyn
At first I was like, I could beat him, then he took the hat off and s*** got real!
#10HC-Gabe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 5:54:56 PM
I mess around in the majority of my matches. Im not sure who Mike and the others were talking to when they said deal with it, because I am a supporter of messing around.
---