The Carbonizer is the best weapon.

#1Hawke0Posted 6/13/2013 9:38:10 AM
It has crazy damage, perfect accuracy, and a large clip. If you have a tank loadout, snipers are no longer a threat. I'm not complaining, it's one of my favorite weapons, but I don't understand how people don't complain about it as much as the Phase Rifle and SMAW. There isn't any perk that defends against the carby (although the Aegis, flashbangs, and certain tactics work excellently against it).
Also, I just beat a game called Advent Rising a few days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwoUI6scJig Best credits music ever. Fact not opinion.
---
"Anyone who dislikes Aliens Colonial Marines, Daikatana, Metroid Other M, or E.T. The Game are trolls"-GradyHoover
#2CarbonizerMikePosted 6/13/2013 10:02:45 AM
Hawke0 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwoUI6scJig Best credits music ever. Fact not opinion.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCn-zWGKxHk&list=PLcdBWtSM0PCxk-jMvfaxKgrBq8FyoM8J0&feature=player_detailpage#t=846s
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchmeplaynintendo (Actual game captures - no emulators)
#3Toho2Posted 6/13/2013 10:03:41 AM
Hawke0 posted...
It has crazy damage, perfect accuracy, and a large clip. If you have a tank loadout, snipers are no longer a threat. I'm not complaining, it's one of my favorite weapons, but I don't understand how people don't complain about it as much as the Phase Rifle and SMAW. There isn't any perk that defends against the carby (although the Aegis, flashbangs, and certain tactics work excellently against it).

Because there are tactics that work against it and it's a heavy weapon, so you can take one out at easily at long or close range. But with a PR user, all they do is camp at their base and since it's a 1 shot weapon, it's near impossible to take them out with a sniper. The PR needs to have some shakiness or sway to it in C3.
---
-I like to explode stuff and set things on fire!-
#4Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 10:59:38 AM
Toho2 posted...
Hawke0 posted...

Because there are tactics that work against it and it's a heavy weapon, so you can take one out at easily at long or close range. But with a PR user, all they do is camp at their base and since it's a 1 shot weapon, it's near impossible to take them out with a sniper. The PR needs to have some shakiness or sway to it in C3.

For the PR, just put on heavy armor and helmet to indefinitely stop all non-tuned OHK. For the SMAW, Explosive Focus cripples it. There's no anti carby insta-win perk like there is with those.
---
"Anyone who dislikes Aliens Colonial Marines, Daikatana, Metroid Other M, or E.T. The Game are trolls"-GradyHoover
#5stardust121Posted 6/13/2013 12:14:22 PM
Stealth and using the map work fairly well against most carbys. Yeah. You can still be taken down. Just avoid wide open spaces.
---
Conduit 2: 0862-8647-6484(Ricky)
....-....-....(GG)
#6ThePhaseRifleTVPosted 6/13/2013 12:25:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 12:28:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/13/2013 2:01:00 PM
It sure is tricky in HC when you're turning speed is 75 and you have a tiny deadzone...
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#91PefrogPosted 6/13/2013 2:24:48 PM
There are not too many great carbonizer users. That's why there is not much complaining. There are quite a few decent phase rifle users because of it's OHK ability with upgrades and tuning.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/13/2013 3:46:59 PM
1Pefrog posted...
There are not too many great carbonizer users. That's why there is not much complaining. There are quite a few decent phase rifle users because of it's OHK ability with upgrades and tuning.

Yeah, It may very well be the best weapon in the game ( I personally don't think so )
But its still not a pick up and play weapon.

At the very least, it takes some getting used to switching between primary and secondary w/o being punished.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656