Large Amount And Little Amount

#21old_man_mossyPosted 6/18/2013 5:00:52 PM
I'd argue instead, due to the games shortcomings...it needs a large amount of littles. 2 or 3 man clans.

Bonds and friendships can form even among competition...for instance I'd be more than happy to have B. as a son or Jaye as a brother...allready kinda think of them that way in a sense.

That to me is what clans are about, for others it's winning...but big clans seem 1) forced and rushed 2) unintentionally elitist and devicive when "full" 3) promote stagnation of play and pass the buck mentality "I can't play but ask Johnny" and 4) a nightmare to organize for competitive play in a manner that's suitable for c2.

all are things I've witnessed first hand in the 20 odd years I've competively played...from bases loaded round robins on the Nes to LAN parties to helping running L*O....

And C2's age and connectivity issues only compound the problem.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#22Symphonia46(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 5:04:51 PM
Nice job ruining my fun. D;
---
"Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?" -Phoenix Wright
http://i.imgur.com/9UUJ0.jpg
#23old_man_mossyPosted 6/18/2013 5:12:33 PM
Sorry buddy. Think highly enough of you to be honest is all. Plus this game still sorta means something to me; especially on the clan side where the reason for it mattering so much was instilled.

I have some great friendships to this day because of this board, its wars and clans.

Been a great trip. My only regret was how I treated Mike after Samu5 left.

Guess I oddly still care about a game I never play anymore...or better said and a little less 'oddly' care about the people that have been a fixture in my game life the past few years.

Love it or hate it now...this place was very special to us all at one time or another.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#24_SignalPosted 6/18/2013 5:34:09 PM
Symphonia46 posted...
_Signal posted...
What is the problem with some of the new guys wanting to start their own clan?

I've just said those reasons first post...

Judging from some of the posts in threads where people are looking for a clan to join, I can't say that I blame them for wanting to just start their own.

If they're looking for a clan to join, then they can join. It's pretty easy to join clans these days rather than just make them.

But every clan doesn't have to be what LC is to be a "good" clan, or even a clan for that matter. For all that LC is, how tight-knit they are as a group of friends, they've also separated themselves from the rest of "us" by the same degree.

I'm not talking about quality, I'm talking about quantity here. If there were less clans, there'd be an easier choice to join what clan to join. More clans increase those choices and split players up rather than combine them into larger groups becoming more successful.

If you want to form a clan, go right ahead. Surround yourself with people that you enjoy playing with. That's all you need.

With a small community such as this, I doubt there would be that many clans that have people you enjoy playing with. Based on what I've collected from this board, most people enjoy playing with most people.

I'm trying to look for reasons why people should make more clans. Give me those reasons and I'll see if it makes sense. For now, I believe there should be less clans.

Does the reason have to be some deep philosophical thing?

Isn't a good enough reason just to have fun?
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#25Symphonia46(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 5:46:43 PM
I would tell you, but Moss destroyed the discussion.

/topic
---
"Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?" -Phoenix Wright
http://i.imgur.com/9UUJ0.jpg
#26_SignalPosted 6/18/2013 5:55:13 PM
Actually, my questions were intended to be rhetorical, so there's not really an answer anyway.

Let the new guys have their fun. Live is too short.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261