Thinking of taking up the Dark Star. Any tips?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Thinking of taking up the Dark Star. Any tips?
3 years ago#1
I have a SPAS loadout that hasn't been doing me any favors lately. Any tips or strategies that I should know of if I decide to make it a Dark Star loadout?
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
3 years ago#2
HungoverHero777 posted...
I have a SPAS loadout that hasn't been doing me any favors lately. Any tips or strategies that I should know of if I decide to make it a Dark Star loadout?

Back when i played this game, i went for stealth/dark star/usp. U tag them steaalthily and take em out with usp.
C2 FC: (Orient) 3310-7730-0201
3 years ago#3
Use the radar and predict well. Corners are your friend. I personally love this loadout:
Dark Star
Warp Pistol
Flash/Frags
Explosive Focus
Ammo belt
Supercharger
Improved energy
"I'm selling Loremas for $3. Don't want him as a son anymore."
~Khmer
3 years ago#4
Loremas1861 posted...
Use the radar and predict well. Corners are your friend. I personally love this loadout:
Dark Star
Warp Pistol
Flash/Frags
Explosive Focus
Ammo belt
Supercharger
Improved energy

I don't really enjoy the Warp Pistol, so can I switch out Explosive Focus for something else? Like Stealth, like Orient said?
3 years ago#5
Here are my suggestions:

-use your best secondary
-if you are really good at hive cannon, scar or spas then those could work
-use defensive upgrades like explosive focus, light armor, heavy armor is ok but slow
-tag and duck for cover or come shooting and tag when their health is really low
-don't use energy upgrades unless it is for your other weapon
-stabilizer is almost a must
-upgrades like stealth and reverse damage are fine when you are starting out but the challenge is to be successful without these
-stick with your teammates and team games (FFA black holes kill you while team match ones don't)
-usually shoot black holes at the ground in front of an enemy that is charging and behind an enemy that is shooting from a distance

If I think of more I will post more.
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
3 years ago#6
If u have a blackhole tag someone first.
When in doubt, blow it up!!! Fc: 0519-6423-6202 soul2&-fc:4084-6731-4819
eclipse^rage fc:0433-96528-6899
3 years ago#7
1Pefrog posted...
Here are my suggestions:

-use your best secondary
-use defensive upgrades like explosive focus, light armor, heavy armor is ok but slow
-tag and duck for cover or come shooting and tag when their health is really low
-upgrades like stealth and reverse damage are fine when you are starting out but the challenge is to be successful without these
-stick with your teammates and team games (FFA black holes kill you while team match ones don't)
-usually shoot black holes at the ground in front of an enemy that is charging and behind an enemy that is shooting from a distance

Thanks for the advice! If I could get Dark Star help from anyone it would be you, lol.

night42mare posted...
If u have a blackhole tag someone first.

Yeah, I knew that already, thanks to your topic.
3 years ago#8
1Pefrog posted...

Careful Dug! I know you have a lot of nice cards up your sleeve, but I'd keep some of those really good ones to myself!
"I'm selling Loremas for $3. Don't want him as a son anymore."
~Khmer
3 years ago#9
1Pefrog posted...
Here are my suggestions:

-use your best secondary

You are a pro. END OF STORY.
"You're mind-bafflingly adorable! <3~~~" -Loremas
3 years ago#10
Thanks guys. The true pioneer was Saihig (he hasn't played in a while). While I was tripping around with the dark star (double energy with warpy) he was experimenting and figuring out the ins and outs.
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Thinking of taking up the Dark Star. Any tips?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived