Thinking of taking up the Dark Star. Any tips?

#1HungoverHero777Posted 6/22/2013 7:08:33 AM
I have a SPAS loadout that hasn't been doing me any favors lately. Any tips or strategies that I should know of if I decide to make it a Dark Star loadout?
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#2Orient33Posted 6/22/2013 7:11:16 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
I have a SPAS loadout that hasn't been doing me any favors lately. Any tips or strategies that I should know of if I decide to make it a Dark Star loadout?

Back when i played this game, i went for stealth/dark star/usp. U tag them steaalthily and take em out with usp.
---
C2 FC: (Orient) 3310-7730-0201
#3Loremas1861Posted 6/22/2013 9:11:22 AM
Use the radar and predict well. Corners are your friend. I personally love this loadout:
Dark Star
Warp Pistol
Flash/Frags
Explosive Focus
Ammo belt
Supercharger
Improved energy
---
"I'm selling Loremas for $3. Don't want him as a son anymore."
~Khmer
#4HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 9:21:22 AM
Loremas1861 posted...
Use the radar and predict well. Corners are your friend. I personally love this loadout:
Dark Star
Warp Pistol
Flash/Frags
Explosive Focus
Ammo belt
Supercharger
Improved energy

I don't really enjoy the Warp Pistol, so can I switch out Explosive Focus for something else? Like Stealth, like Orient said?
---
#51PefrogPosted 6/22/2013 2:52:44 PM
Here are my suggestions:

-use your best secondary
-if you are really good at hive cannon, scar or spas then those could work
-use defensive upgrades like explosive focus, light armor, heavy armor is ok but slow
-tag and duck for cover or come shooting and tag when their health is really low
-don't use energy upgrades unless it is for your other weapon
-stabilizer is almost a must
-upgrades like stealth and reverse damage are fine when you are starting out but the challenge is to be successful without these
-stick with your teammates and team games (FFA black holes kill you while team match ones don't)
-usually shoot black holes at the ground in front of an enemy that is charging and behind an enemy that is shooting from a distance

If I think of more I will post more.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#6night42marePosted 6/22/2013 3:13:04 PM
If u have a blackhole tag someone first.
---
When in doubt, blow it up!!! Fc: 0519-6423-6202 soul2&-fc:4084-6731-4819
eclipse^rage fc:0433-96528-6899
#7HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 4:05:23 PM
1Pefrog posted...
Here are my suggestions:

-use your best secondary
-use defensive upgrades like explosive focus, light armor, heavy armor is ok but slow
-tag and duck for cover or come shooting and tag when their health is really low
-upgrades like stealth and reverse damage are fine when you are starting out but the challenge is to be successful without these
-stick with your teammates and team games (FFA black holes kill you while team match ones don't)
-usually shoot black holes at the ground in front of an enemy that is charging and behind an enemy that is shooting from a distance

Thanks for the advice! If I could get Dark Star help from anyone it would be you, lol.

night42mare posted...
If u have a blackhole tag someone first.

Yeah, I knew that already, thanks to your topic.
---
#8Loremas1861Posted 6/22/2013 4:14:29 PM
1Pefrog posted...

Careful Dug! I know you have a lot of nice cards up your sleeve, but I'd keep some of those really good ones to myself!
---
"I'm selling Loremas for $3. Don't want him as a son anymore."
~Khmer
#9HC-GabePosted 6/22/2013 4:17:57 PM
1Pefrog posted...
Here are my suggestions:

-use your best secondary

You are a pro. END OF STORY.
---
"You're mind-bafflingly adorable! <3~~~" -Loremas
#101PefrogPosted 6/22/2013 5:01:10 PM
Thanks guys. The true pioneer was Saihig (he hasn't played in a while). While I was tripping around with the dark star (double energy with warpy) he was experimenting and figuring out the ins and outs.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.