Thinking of taking up the Dark Star. Any tips?

#11Loremas1861Posted 6/22/2013 5:10:43 PM
1Pefrog posted...
Thanks guys. The true pioneer was Saihig (he hasn't played in a while). While I was tripping around with the dark star (double energy with warpy) he was experimenting and figuring out the ins and outs.

Haha, Symph told me a bit about him/her. I find it extremely hard to believe someone could use the DS better than you, but hey, I believe him.

I, too am learning the greatness of TPC and Dark Star. Melee too, but that's only effective in Hardcore games where it's much too difficult to do trickstabs with lock-on and radar. Sadly, no one plays Hardcore so.. :/

I'm loving the Dark Star with Warpy combo. The Warpy is so great. Dark Star is just a bonus for when I see people, but are too far away. It's so satisfying when I successfully lure someone away, one-shotting them with the Warp pistol.
---
"I'm selling Loremas for $3. Don't want him as a son anymore."
~Khmer
#12xXAISPXxPosted 6/23/2013 10:28:46 AM
I use the following loadout:

Dark Star
Usp45 - a versatile secondary; easy use
Ammo Salvage - DS has low ammo
Stabilizer - You want to make accurate shots as stealthily and little as you can; controversial with AS
Quickness - Serves no purpose...I just like it
Improved ballistics/ energy - I use ballistics because the Dark Star is a hit and switch weapon, so I try improving on USP45 hits instead (You can also use improved energy).
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii
#13SrChronicPosted 6/23/2013 1:41:03 PM
I used to switch between mpk5 and usp as secondary. You can tweak the upgrades but i highly suggest you use ammo salvage and quickness. I prefer rad grenades for this loadout, but flash grenades and maybe even frags work well.
---
PSN- TheChronic213
#141PefrogPosted 6/23/2013 3:18:19 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
I use the following loadout:

Dark Star
Usp45 - a versatile secondary; easy use
Ammo Salvage - DS has low ammo
Stabilizer - You want to make accurate shots as stealthily and little as you can; controversial with AS
Quickness - Serves no purpose...I just like it
Improved ballistics/ energy - I use ballistics because the Dark Star is a hit and switch weapon, so I try improving on USP45 hits instead (You can also use improved energy).

energy does barely anything for the dark star
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.