The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Minimum Internet Requirements

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Minimum Internet Requirements

User Info: _Signal

_Signal
3 years ago#1
What do you guys think are the minimum requirements internet speed to have a decent gaming connection?

What's the speed of the Wii U or the Wii for that matter?

Thanks
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261

User Info: HC-Gabe

HC-Gabe
3 years ago#2
_Signal posted...
What do you guys think are the minimum requirements internet speed to have a decent gaming connection?

Thanks

Got no idea. But a good way to improve is to put your Wii/Wii U at the highest QoS priority in your WiFi's settings
"You're mind-bafflingly adorable! <3~~~" -Loremas

User Info: CHAINMAILLEKID

CHAINMAILLEKID
3 years ago#3
HC-Gabe posted...
_Signal posted...

Thanks

Got no idea. But a good way to improve is to put your Wii/Wii U at the highest QoS priority in your WiFi's settings

Wow, I'm impressed.

@Op, minimum speed required is probably 1.5Mbps or less, because um... Slow bandwidth won't make your game lag, unless there is other people using the internet for other things. ( which should not be an issue assuming you've set up QOS like Gabe said )

The relevant measurements are, in order of relevancy:
Packet Loss.
Ping.
Jitter.
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656

User Info: The21stgun

The21stgun
3 years ago#4
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
HC-Gabe posted...
_Signal posted...

Thanks

Wow, I'm impressed.

@Op, minimum speed required is probably 1.5Mbps or less, because um... Slow bandwidth won't make your game lag, unless there is other people using the internet for other things. ( which should not be an issue assuming you've set up QOS like Gabe said )

Packet Loss.
Ping.
Jitter.

I have no idea what any of this means :'(
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: xXWARXSWITCHXx 3ds fc: 4468-1457-3557

_Signal
3 years ago#5
I may have some bad news. We're considering moving to a place that doesn't have cabled internet. That means DSL or Satellite.

ATT DSL is really slow, fastest possible connection there is 3 Mbps download and 512 Kbps upload.

I talked to the satellite guy this morning, and while their speed is pretty good, 12 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload, their latency is pretty high. He said 600 ms ping times were typical.

N

CHAINMAILLEKID
3 years ago#6
_Signal posted...
I may have some bad news. We're considering moving to a place that doesn't have cabled internet. That means DSL or Satellite.

ATT DSL is really slow, fastest possible connection there is 3 Mbps download and 512 Kbps upload.

I talked to the satellite guy this morning, and while their speed is pretty good, 12 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload, their latency is pretty high. He said 600 ms ping times were typical.

N

Tell them you're going to be doing Voice over IP, working from a home office.

If they start stuttering and mumbling, you're in trouble.

look into ATT, 600 ping will not be playable for anything.
I get faster ping to south korea.

Not even exaggerating.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/82993437.png
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656

HC-Gabe
3 years ago#7
The21stgun posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
HC-Gabe posted...
_Signal posted...

Thanks

Wow, I'm impressed.

Packet Loss.
Ping.
Jitter.

I have no idea what any of this means :'(

QoS means Quality of Service. If you make Wii at "Highest" priority it helps

HC-Gabe
3 years ago#8
_Signal posted...

N

Awww! I hope you can stay with the C2 board at least :(

_Signal
3 years ago#9
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...

N

Not even exaggerating.

The best ATT can do there is 3 Mbps download and 512 Kbps upload. That sounds pretty terrible.

I'm so unhappy.

CHAINMAILLEKID
3 years ago#10
_Signal posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...

N

Not even exaggerating.

The best ATT can do there is 3 Mbps download and 512 Kbps upload. That sounds pretty terrible.

I'm so unhappy.

3Mbps w/att is what I played Tcon at.
and I had decent ping.

And Youtube would still work, and really who needs more than that.
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Minimum Internet Requirements

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived