Minimum Internet Requirements

#11old_man_mossyPosted 6/24/2013 10:00:35 AM
I faintly remember Nintendo themselves offering net service back in the early days of DS?

Don't know how it worked, where it worked, or if it was just the results of my odd residual hallucinations.

I'll check into it.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#12old_man_mossyPosted 6/24/2013 10:16:28 AM
Ok checked and didn't find anything other than page after page of non relating BS.

Try HughesNet....think that's what they are called? AT&T is pretty much terrible for anything rural least in my neck of the woods. They never did anything with all those Motorola towers when they bought em out.

HughesNet has a thing though on their webpage were you put in your zip and they'll tell you what you can expect. 15 something or others for download (help me out Chain)

The tech exists, lol...all them rich reclusive oddballs got great net in their bunkers when I visit, lol. Just don't be afraid to dump Att
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#13CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/24/2013 10:38:44 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
Ok checked and didn't find anything other than page after page of non relating BS.

Try HughesNet....think that's what they are called? AT&T is pretty much terrible for anything rural least in my neck of the woods. They never did anything with all those Motorola towers when they bought em out.

HughesNet has a thing though on their webpage were you put in your zip and they'll tell you what you can expect. 15 something or others for download (help me out Chain)

The tech exists, lol...all them rich reclusive oddballs got great net in their bunkers when I visit, lol. Just don't be afraid to dump Att

Sorry, I can't do much without an address or something.

Oh, and Point to Point is how the rich reclusive do it.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#14_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 12:11:27 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
_Signal posted...
I may have some bad news. We're considering moving to a place that doesn't have cabled internet. That means DSL or Satellite.

ATT DSL is really slow, fastest possible connection there is 3 Mbps download and 512 Kbps upload.

I talked to the satellite guy this morning, and while their speed is pretty good, 12 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload, their latency is pretty high. He said 600 ms ping times were typical.

N

Tell them you're going to be doing Voice over IP, working from a home office.

If they start stuttering and mumbling, you're in trouble.

look into ATT, 600 ping will not be playable for anything.
I get faster ping to south korea.

Not even exaggerating.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/82993437.png

The best ATT can do there is 3 Mbps download and 512 Kbps upload. That sounds pretty terrible.

I'm so unhappy.

3Mbps w/att is what I played Tcon at.
and I had decent ping.

And Youtube would still work, and really who needs more than that.

Supposedly Netflix HD is either 3.6 or 3.8 Mbps, so we would fall short of that.

Also, I'm assuming that the 3/512 is the best my connection would ever be.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261